If you're after a Wi-Fi enabled smart light that can do it all, then say hello to LIFX. Not only does it pack a seriously impressive 16 million colors under the bulb, but it also sports adjustable soft whites, day & dusk automation, and a host of applications to light up your life.
There's more to light than on and off and you can do it all with LIFX. Change colors, whites and brightness from the palm of your hand. The LIFX app is packed full of features like:
- Grouping— Choose your lights and group them together for easy control
- Effects— Play with special effects like the music visualizer, candle flicker, strobe, color cycle & animations
- Custom color palettes— Add your favorite colors to a custom color palette
- Painting— Paint live onto your LIFX Z, Beam & Tile with touch paint
- Themes— Take advantage of our curated gallery of themes to create mood lighting
- Scenes— Pick specific lights with their colors and brightness to save for another time
- Schedules— Automate your light to fade on or off with any color or brightness over the perfect time to match your life
and so much more!
Fully connected, for your convenience.
With our Wi-Fi enabled lights, getting started is easier than ever, no extra hardware required. Along with our cloud and leading voice controls, the LIFX range means you'll hardly have to get off the couch, bed or barstool. Simply pair LIFX with Apple HomeKit, or any other smart voice assistant. Take the LIFX experience one step further with our Nest, SmartThings, Harmony, IFTTT integrations and more! Check them all out at lifx.com.
Stay in touch.
Need a helping hand, or want to offer us some advice? We would love to hear from you about your LIFX experience, you can reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LIFX lights are available anytime at lifx.com
- Improvements to reliability of communication with lights.
- Improvement to caching of light information to improve app startup experience.
- Themes now take into account light brightness, and will never become brighter than the current light brightness.
- Improvement to the brightness changing behavior on Multi-Zone products and Tile. When a Theme is applied, brightness will scale rather than setting all LEDs to the same brightness.
- Added support for expanded Kelvin range on Mini Color and Mini Day Dusk.
- Fixed issue where the Day Dusk icon on the Dashboard was inaccurate when a light was moved to a different group.
- Fixed bug where color links couldn't be pasted.
- Fixed issue where the app didn't log out after the user had revoked access to the account.
Ratings and Reviews
It works, and I never had any problems with it. I do like the selection of scenes but it feels like I should have much more from you or a community to choose from. Also, after using schedules for a while I hope for a feature to somehow turn on the lights when someone who comes in proximity of the home that has the app installed.
Other than that, keep rocking it with the lights and app. Keep it consistently updated with new stuff. Thanks! 4/5
Update: I have changed my 4/5 to 5/5. Just because of homekit, thank you! The best decision you have made, just wish it included the Z strip.. You came out with the Z strip upon mentioning homekit was in development. Still, you are constantly updating and keeping with the lights so props to you! Now I can quickly access lighting options if I need to and have the lights turn off and on according to location. Best update! Looking forward to more in the future.
Deserves better rating than 2.4
I have just read some of the reviews, do not take them too seriously. LIFX are great, I own 13 bulbs of different models and only 2 developed problems over the 2 years I owned them and customer support was fast in replacing them with brand new models at no cost.
Of the two issues, one case overheated and cracked because of MY lamp shade not giving it ample room to breath, I had no business attempting to try to make it fit. They replaced it.
The other bulb was in the bathroom in moist conditions for the entire 18 months I had it problem free. Things don’t last as long in the humidity. They replaced it.
I don’t know what an earlier review was referring to regarding customer service. LIFX customer service is excellent. The app functions just fine, you just need to be a little technically minded, and patient. It’s new technology with a lot of factors...not every house has excellent WiFi coverage in every room and this can cause some delay, and ultimately, LIFX gets the blame from frustrated individuals who don’t understand the issues they are having.
My lights work great all across my house and I have a centrally located router. It doesn’t always work well with apple home kit, it can be buggy. But that’s not LIFXs problem either. Through the dedicated app it works as advertised.
I would say this has had an unfair review.
Well done, but Just a thought.
Your lights may have a major issue. My wi fi modem was switched out a few days ago but I still noticed that its name & signal we’re still available. Earlier today my connection got lost for a few minutes but when it came back to, the wi fi name and password were changed to the proper titles. My lights however did not come back, I believe they’ve been placed in an infinitely loops of trying to reconnect to my previous WiFi modem. Is there a way to hard reset them without them being connected? Nothing else has worked including removing them from the cloud(they can’t receive that signal to be removed...) what should one do in this predicament?
Update: Fixed it😁😅 flic the light on and off 5 times to hard reset. Great customer support👏🏾💯
- LIFI LABS MANAGEMENT PTY LTD
- 184.8 MB
Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © LiFi Labs Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.