By LinkedIn Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Opportunity is always within reach with the LinkedIn app for iPhone and iPad. Build your personal brand, network to create meaningful connections, and engage with professional content – right from your LinkedIn app.
• Stay up to date with connections in your network
• Search for and follow people, jobs, companies, and groups
• Follow Influencers to get exclusive insights from industry leaders
• Update your profile from within the iPhone app
• View, save, and apply to recommended jobs with your LinkedIn profile
LinkedIn is free to download and use. We also have Premium subscriptions with additional features such as InMails, more info about who’s viewed your profile, Premium search options, and a badge to showcase your Premium status:
• For Talent Professionals: $59.99 monthly
• For Sales Professionals: Three tiers, starting at $24.99 monthly
• For Business Professionals: Four tiers, starting at $9.99 monthly
If you choose to subscribe, your subscription will automatically renew each month and will charge your credit card through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings.
What's New in Version 8.6
Does what you'd expect
Nothing to scream and dance about, but I can with ease accomplish everything I need to do. Then again, I haven't been looking for a job in over 8 years, my opinions might change at that point.
The only complaint I have, is that the app always starts at "find more friends" when I click an approve connection link in an email. Listen LinkedIn - the last thing you wanna do is push people away when they're trying to expand their social network already. Several times have I closed the app because I just wanted to quickly approve a connection and then go back to work, not having to spend an hour going through ten social networks in hopes of finding more connections. Let's face it; if I was actively looking for a job, I would have done that already - not the 25th time that you're pushing this in my face. Software engineers are impatient people who love automation, this is not a way to keep users happy. Feel free to remind me with a big reminder box after I'm done, or if I'm logging in without coming through a referrer link with a task lined up. There's more, but I'll share that another day perhaps.
Nice design but buggy and missing key functionality
I appreciate the design of Linked-In's app, but it has consistently been buggy the entire time I've used it (e.g. screens not loading, loading incorrectly, messages not going through, etc.) The most recent example was a message not going through from one of my contacts, which was surprising. Also, perhaps I haven't found it, but I can't find where I'm able to view my sent messages on the app. I can on the desktop experience, and feel like it wouldn't be too terribly hard to do this on mobile. A conversation is between two people, and I only get half of it on mobile, and as a result lose the context of what has been discussed. There's also no indication that I have responded to a message on mobile, so I'm often left wondering whether I've gotten back to the people I've wanted to, and have to go on my desktop to check this.
Making these updates and reducing the bugs and glitchiness will greatly improve this app.
Update - LinkedIn has CrappedOut
It's working again. Surprising considering there was no "visible" update to the app that fixed the problem. I am glad it works now, but reiterate that LinkedIn, indeed any app creator, AND Apple need to thoroughly test these products. Each time they try our patience by cranking out defect apps, the more likely it is and will be to simply delete it. Learn from your mistake, do NOT repeat it, and move on.
Last release crashes upon opening. Come on people, get your stuff in one sneaker. And I mean both LinkedIn (author) and Apple (checker). Can you say "regression testing"? This release should NEVER have been released had both LinkedIn and Apple properly tested it. This really exemplifies that both were asleep at the wheel !
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 04, 2015
- Version: 8.6
- Size: 69.2 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: LinkedIn Corporation
- © 2015 LinkedIn Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Business Plus Subscription with Free Trial$59.99
- Business Subscription with Free Trial$29.99
- Business Subscription$29.99
- Personal Plus Subscription$9.99
- Sales Navigator with Free Trial$59.99
- Business subscription$24.99
- Talent Basic with Free Trial$59.99
- Business Plus Subscription$59.99
- Personal Plus subscription$9.99
- Personal Plus Subscription with Free Trial$9.99