Living Earth - Clock & Weather
By Radiantlabs, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A clock and weather app unlike any you've ever seen. Living Earth presents a stunning live 3D simulation of our planet with weather, forecasts and world clock for cities around the world. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms. Explore and experience amazing weather dynamics on our planet with real time weather maps and tropical cyclone tracking. Gaze at our planet floating amongst a universe of thousands of accurately rendered stars and gain a completely new perspective on time and weather.
"A stunning app that shows the Earth in real time, based on global weather reports. " - WIRED
"Living Earth is proof that a world clock and weather app can be beautiful." - Apple @AppStore
"Living Earth is visually impressive and just fun." - MacStories
One purchase for all devices - iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch
● Live clouds from near real time satellite cloud data - updated every 3 hours. View global cloud patterns, hurricanes and tropical storms.
● Live weather maps of temperature, humidity, wind and forecasts.
● World clock and weather for over 3 million cities. 10 day and 2-hour forecasts powered by Weather Underground.
● Tropical cyclone notifications. Receive push notifications of new tropical cyclones and updates on current storm systems.
● Today Widget provides quick access to weather essentials, sunrise/sunset times, world clock and active tropical cyclones.
● Home Screen temperature icon. The current temperature for your location can be displayed on your Home Screen icon.
● Stars, constellations, and the Milky Way are displayed accurately in time and space.
● Alarm Clock with music playlist. Wake up to a stunning view of the planet with your favorite music.
● iCloud city syncing between all devices including Living Earth App for Mac.
● Our real-time planet in a Glance. Live clouds, maps conditions and forecast.
● Color coded temp and forecasts of your favorite cities, giving you a quick view of the big picture.
● Dynamic Apple Watch Notifications. Tropical cyclone updates with latest satellite imagery.
Quality detailed weather information provided by Weather Underground (www.wunderground.com). Weather Underground is the world's best source of the most reliable and accurate weather data available.
EMAIL US: email@example.com
BECOME A FAN: https://www.facebook.com/LivingEarthApp
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/livingearthapp
What's New in Version 3.61
● Add hourly forecasts to Apple Watch app when using the World Clock view. Accessible after tapping location name then tapping forecast day.
● Fix occasional Watch app launch crashes.
● Fix icons not showing in Today Widget when bold text setting is enabled.
● Fix city time localization issue in Today Widget for non English languages.
● Fix issue with weather or city sometimes not updating immediately after traveling to a new location.
● Fix issue with time not updating for current location after traveling to a new location.
Love Living Earth? Your ratings in the App Store help us bring more updates!
As always, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback or issues!
Such a Let Down
Weather functions aside, this app used to be the most reliable alarm clock app I had found. Now, I have to find another one. Even when I have my phone plugged in and my app active with volume turned all the way up, the alarm only goes off half the time (maybe). I thought at first I was just getting used to the alarm and sleeping through it. Nope. I woke up one morning and looked at the phone, just in time to see the alarm start to go off, the volume icon appear on screen along with the Snooze/Wake buttons, when my selected music stopped playing and the Snooze/Wake buttons completely disappeared from the screen. After having such a reliable alarm app for so many years I am sad to say you have lost a fan and I can never trust your app again.
I have a great weather app that presents very detailed weather info for multiple locations when I need it, but nothing beats Living Earth for a quick and gorgeous presentation of current and forecast conditions around the world with a swipe of a finger--with the current world time included as well. Living Earth makes great use of the Retina screen for an eye-watering display of actual cloud (and the night/day transition) conditions around the world. Supported by the huge weather data base from the great Weather Underground site--you can't ask for more!
I have had this app for years now and I find myself going to it daily. It has just the right amount of reliable info and easy, uncluttered UI to make it my go to weather app for a quick look at current conditions anywhere in the world. It is AWESOME! Love this app!! One of my top 5 useful apps for sure! Worth the money. Get it!
Two things I'd like to see though would be the ability to zoom in closer on the world as well as live radar! Add that and this would be perfectGreat app! Good job!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jul 28, 2015
- Version: 3.61
- Size: 70.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Radiantlabs, LLC
- © 2015 Radiantlabs
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.