Logic Pro X
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Logic Pro X is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated tools for professional songwriting, editing, and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get creative results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro X includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, and loops, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
• Consolidate and control multiple tracks or create rich, layered instruments with Track Stacks
• Smart Controls allow you to manipulate multiple plug-ins and parameters with a single move
• An enhanced Mixer lets you move, copy, and bypass channel inserts more efficiently
• Quickly re-order song sections and try new ideas using Arrangement Markers
• Autosave keeps your work safe and sound
• 64-bit architecture supports large projects containing hundreds of tracks and sampled instruments
Professional Music Production
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Record and seamlessly punch in and out of one or multiple tracks
• Keep takes organized with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Automation can be part of a region, not just the track, which makes it easier to use effects creatively
• Create and mix music from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
• Create and edit MIDI using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic, or hip hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose among 28 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Build your own acoustic drum kits with Drum Kit Designer using a diverse collection of deeply sampled, professionally mixed snares, toms, kicks, hi-hats, and cymbals
• Customize the sound of your electronic beats using Drum Machine Designer
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral, and modeling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer
• Play or create a wide variety of rich sampled instruments with the EXS24 Sampler
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Create classic ’70s- and ’80s-style synthesizer tracks using Retro Synth
• Play faithful models of vintage keyboards with Vintage B3, Vintage Electric Piano, and Vintage Clav
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets, and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion, and modulation stompboxes
• Access the Tuner with just a click to quickly get in tune
Creative and Production Effects
• Play your sounds through realistic acoustic spaces using Space Designer convolution reverb
• Use a range of multi-tap, vintage tape, and stereo delays
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 1800 instrument and effect Patches
• More than 750 meticulously sampled instruments
• 4600 Apple Loops in modern urban and electronic genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro X workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
Minimum System Requirements
Display with 1280-by-768 resolution or higher
OS X v10.9.5 or later
Requires 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins
6GB available disk space for minimum install / 45GB hard disk for full Sound Library installation
What's New in Version 10.2.2
This update addresses overall stability and performance issues
Excellent for home recordists
Apple has a great gateway drug for music production: GarageBand. You can go from knowing nothing to learning basic concepts about multitracking, midi, effects, and signal flow. And once you’re ready to move on to something more powerful, ta-dah! Logic Pro X has enough family resemblance with GarageBand that the transition should be quite easy. This is good, because Logic is *very* powerful, especially for composing music. The continuum from novice to expert is years long, but for me it’s reassuring to know that I’m able to do anything I want to do with my music production while knowing that, should I explore, say, advanced sound manipulation, Logic has tricks up its sleeve that I’m not even aware of yet.
This review is intended mainly for home recordists who are not audio professionals. If you are a professional engineer, or plan to be one some day, you probably want to invest in Pro Tools. But if you’re looking for a powerful tool for recording, Logic fits the bill no question, at a terrific price.
System Overload Update 10.2.2
Update on my 1 star rating
In the last few updates the system overload is become a big problem with my work flow. Don’t get me wrong they were great updates except for the system overload problem. I started using LPX from day one with little problems. Anyway I just started using Studio One Artist to give it a try and compare it to LPX with the same tracks and plugins applied , no system overload in Studio One Artist, switch to LPX and System Overload. You have to fix this system overload problem. I’ve tried every little adjustment and steps recommended by Apple Support. I’m using a 2012 Mac Mini 8 Gig , ElCapitain latest Ver, everything is all updated. I really hate to give LPX up and go to Studio One because of the System Overload.
This is an update on the lastest version 10.2.2, so far so good, I’ve tried several mixes with the new update and no crashes or system overload.
Best DAW to make beats
If you were to ask me, Logic Pro is by far the best thing to make beats. Logic ofcourse competes with Reason, FL Studio, Ableton, but to me Logic is unmatchable. Big name producers like Timbaland, the last update makes it really smooth with hi-hats which is basically a single note piano roll. All your external VSTs work smoothly on here, they open smoothly. The one thing I really love about Logic is the way it’s so complex while maintaining a great ease of use.
Sure, I wouldn’t put Logic to edit vocals. You can do it, of course, it’s just not made for that. Logic is a music production DAW, and works great. The EXS24 sampler made me impressed. Great sampler. If you own an external MPC or Maschine, those still work smoothly with Logic. To me, Logic is the host, or the hub of everything that goes on. From VSTs to MPCs, you can get everything and make it all come together in Logic. So many good things to say.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 08, 2016
- Version: 10.2.2
- Size: 1.30 GB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2004-2016 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor