By A Tasty Pixel
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Now compatible with Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronises beat, phase and tempo. It works between Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network, or iOS apps on the same device. Just turn it on in Settings to get started! http://ableton.com/link
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
What's New in Version 1.6.2
This minor update makes Loopy use the iPhone's front mic for audio input when no headphones are used, which produces better sound isolation from playing audio. It also addresses a few minor bugs.
Awesome music tool!
I primarily use this app to loop hardware synths, and it works great. I use a Presonus Audiobox iTwo to send audio in and MIDI out. I have looped different hardware synths including a Novation MiniNova and Korg Volcas with great success.
Loopy is fairly easy to use, and there is a help menu and tutorials to aid in comprehension. It also has features that make it excel at live uses, such as record count-in, beat sync playback, and a two-finger twist function that allows you to fix timing issues. Plus, it supports audiobus, so it works with synth apps as well. In all, this app is a great tool that has allowed me expand my workflow and seamlessly integrate both my hardware synths and synth apps. The only thing I can think of that would make it better is an equalizer on a per loop basis.
I'm embarrassed to admit that I've owned Loopy for quite some time, but was a bit confused by the interface, and found it daunting. But, after watching their introduction video via their website, it makes complete sense and I find it extremely intuitive and fun to use.
I love that it is seamless with Audiobus, which makes sense, because Loopy's developer is also responsible for Audiobus and Audiobus Remote. Very cool!
I would love to request for Loopy's metronome toggle to be accessible via the AB panel and AB Remote triggers. That would help make my live loop recording more efficient.
Thanks in advance, and thanks for making such a great musical tool.
Start off by apologizing
I believe this majestic program was picked up free at some time and because of this I may have not given it a proper look. I have had it forever and I just started using it. If you are anyone who owns field microphones and enjoys recording nature this is a great way to craft your own style.Not to fancy, but if know what you are doing and have the skills required to work with high fidelity condenser microphones you will instantly be grateful that this exists. I own a dr-05 Tascam and it's great since I can use the incredible pair of stereo condensers. It has nice reverb and a few other handy effects. I can plug my iPhone into the line in. This allows you to encode MP3 files, and you can convert them later. Brilliant if you like to keep things away from the net. Now I can have multiple tracks panning, volume, syncing. I can take my recording of a storm layer it onto my soundscapes from the lake. Then add atmosphere into the backgrounds of my tracks. It adds unique flavor to every track. If you don't create music, but you are an engineer as well this is great for laying out design templates for use in the future. Thanks again for a great program. I just discovered it tonight :D. I'm going to use it tomorrow hopefully when I'm recording. iOS is getting some major applications recently.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Aug 09, 2016
- Version: 1.6.2
- Size: 25.6 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: A Tasty Pixel
- © 2015 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.