As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy HD by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.net)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Now compatible with Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronises beat, phase and tempo. It works between Ableton Live and Link-enabled iOS apps over a wireless network, or iOS apps on the same device. Just turn it on in Settings to get started! http://ableton.com/link
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD & LAYER
- Six, nine, or twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT & CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated audio copy and paste.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE & TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM & SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips.
- Share audio with many other audio apps with audio copy and paste.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
Minor Audiobus-related fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best Looper Ever
I've used tons of different loopers and this is hands down the best one ever. I've tried hardware loopers, software loopers, on mac, windows, linux - you name it - and this is the fastest/easiest to learn, most readily configurable, intuitive, and powerful looper I've ever used. It's super fun and the midi control support works great (I run a softstep into it). Works well with audiobus for recording other apps and the session recording feature is awesome. It's really easy to try out ideas and generate new and interesting textures on the fly. My only hope is that this is eventually released as a vst or audio unit plugin on mac so I can finally have the looper I've always wanted in ableton!
Not There yet
I am by no means an expert in looping and just started working with this program. I see that it has tremendous potential, however the interface for me is extremely confusing and very poorly laid out. I have watched several tutorials on this and still find it very difficult to use and to understand.
I think if the interface could be streamlined and the various choices be laid out on a single panel without having to go back-and-forth to change this parameter and that parameter it would be much easier to use. I really feel the potential is there, but for me the interface is far from being perfected
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, I don't disagree - lots of improvements are coming in Loopy Pro, and I'll then roll them back into Loopy itself.
Love this app
This app is perfect for putting together songs quickly and without much hassle. It's awesome to use with audiobus. That said there are 2 things I would love to see. The first is a way to label tracks / loops. And the other would be some kind of auto fade in fade out or volume envelope. Aside from those 2 things this app is a game changer in my opinion!
- A Tasty Pixel
- 25.7 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Italian, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 A Tasty Pixel Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.