As seen on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon -- Create music with Loopy by layering looped recordings of singing, beatboxing, or playing an instrument with a savvy, sophisticated, tactile new looper that totally reinvents the formula.
See also Loopy HD for iPad!
-- “This is the best loop station on the iPhone” -- Dub FX (dubfx.com)
-- “I pretty much own every mobile looper out there and Loopy is HANDS DOWN the best. Super simple interface with powerful features.” -- J. Alan Meier
-- “If you want a recording app that will get out of the way and just let you be creative, you just found it.” -- Dave Merson-Hess, indie film composer
-- “Loopy 2 is by far the best looper for the iPhone we’ve seen to date” -- iOS Recording
Now compatible with Ableton Link, a new technology that synchronises beat, phase and tempo between Ableton Live and compatible apps over WiFi, or between apps on the same device. http://ableton.com/link
Compatible with the Audiobus app: Now you can receive live audio directly from other Audiobus-compatible apps!
While other music creation apps tend to be either powerful but difficult to learn, or easy to use but limited in features, Loopy doesn't compromise. Loopy offers a sleek, expressive, instantly understandable interface that beginners can start using effectively straight away. It's fun, right from the start.
More advanced users, however, will not be disappointed by Loopy's rich feature set, with extra features many other loopers just don't have. Plus, a sophisticated interactive tutorial system lets users discover Loopy's more advanced features at their own pace.
RECORD AND LAYER
- Up to twelve beautifully rendered circular loops, with simple yet powerful controls.
- Count-in, count-out and record chaining lets you keep your hands free to play an instrument.
- MIDI control, to control Loopy via foot pedal or other controller.
- Overdub, to build beautiful, complex soundscapes from many layers.
- Support for tracks of any multiple or fraction of a beat, for flexible and expressive looping.
- Sophisticated audio or visual metronome to keep you in time - no matter what time signature you choose.
- Perfectly synchronized, low latency audio engine.
IMPORT AND CONSTRUCT
- Import loops from your computer via iTunes, with support for AIFF, WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF and more.
- Bring in audio from many other audio apps with integrated MAPI AudioPaste, with support for Intua general pasteboard format.
- Imported loops are automatically fit to your beat, no matter what tempo.
MANIPULATE AND TWEAK
- Full stereo audio, with pan controls for each track to create custom stereoscapes.
- Fix up timing by twisting tracks around to line up the beat, or make funky sound effects with dynamic time shifting.
- Drag a track onto another track to merge tracks, and clear up a space.
- Live, dynamic tempo adjustment to speed up or slow down your creations, without altering the pitch.
- MIDI clock sync, to play in time with other MIDI-capable devices or apps.
PERFORM AND SHARE
- Record whole performances with in-app session recording facilities.
- Upload performances or single loops straight to SoundCloud, and post to Twitter or Facebook.
- Email audio clips (with automatic conversion to compressed AAC audio).
- Share audio with many other audio apps with MAPI AudioCopy.
- Transfer loops or performances to your computer via iTunes.
Note: Loopy is a demanding application that requires an iPhone 3Gs and newer, or iPod Touch 3rd generation (with headset recommended) or newer to run well. Older devices are not recommended for use with Loopy.
Loopy is developed by one guy who loves making great apps, and who is dedicated to responsive development and support. Please contact me with questions, bug reports, feature ideas, and other feedback at email@example.com or http://forum.loopyapp.com. I may be able to fix your issue in less time than it would take to write a negative review!
- Improved behaviour when connected to Ableton Link and starting record from paused
- Fixed some iPhone audio issues when using Audiobus
Ratings and Reviews
Needs Improvements to Justify the Price
For the $9.99 price tag I was expecting a bit more than what this application offers in its current version (1.1)... the developers site shows promise of some improvements in future versions, but as it stands now it's little more than a toy compared to many of the other available apps out there. It's inability to bring loops in from sources other than the microphone is it's greatest weakness IMHO. Also the tempo control is nonexistent except before you record a single loop meaning you can't adjust it on the fly. My final criticism is the way you interface with the extra options on a single loop by holding and then sliding the finger to an icon I can't even see with my finger in the way (I'd prefer to lift my finger after the initial press/hold then see which icon i want to press). All in all I'm disapointed with this version, but the interface has good potential and may hold promise with future improvements.
Loopy really grew up. From a fun app to play with, it became so much bigger and better. With a new shiney (and I really mean shiney) app, it feels like a big expensive piece of hardware found in the most expensive clubs, used by Daft Punk and the likes. But this is an iPhone app! And it handles just just fine.
Importing loops, recording tracks, live playback and recording .. who needs an audio studio when you have this app in your pocket. Also the new price is great! From a $9.99 app (which was totally worth it), it went to just $2.99, which is a total steal.
If you do anything with audio, or want to create something more fun than a talking cat app, this is the thing for you. Even without any musical talent (like me), I can still create catchy tunes. It's like the tagline says; "This is a looper that'll come out to play, but gets down to work when you want to get serious.". No Kidding. It's fun to use, and even more fun that the thing you created while playing actually is a catchy tune.
A big thumbs up! Both from the user interface, as the graphical look and feel of this app.
Has great potential. Simple & Easy to use!
The only thing keeping this app from a 5 out of 5 is the absence of iCloud Sync! AND there's no rendering option(s)! The only way to finalize you're finished work for exporting is by hitting the record button on the menu screen, switching over to the track board screen, hit play, wait for the entire piece to play — hope for complete silence around you because it captures all outside noise, and finally, hit record once more — before it loops over again — to end recording. Your final result, a hissy-mono version of your work. Because it ends up being monophonic, outside of the app itself, the panning feature is rendered useless. These are big problems with simple solutions to an otherwise flawless app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.