Just 27 levels and the only thing stopping you from getting through all of them and beating the game is YOU! (Well, and those pesky bubbles). Catch falling capsules (Avoid the Red X's!), collect the hidden fruits and veggies, control the Umphee, discover the secret of the pearl, enjoy 80 minutes of original music, fill the treasure chest (!!), master the bonus levels, get a high score, graffiti the sand and STAY ALIVE! Will you be one of those people that gives up after playing just once? Or will you become a MacBrickout expert? The only thing stopping you from finding out is, well... You.
Some fun things to try:
- Try juggling 3 balls long enough to earn a juggling achievement
- See if you can blow up the Umphee with the bomb ball
- Don't let any bubbles touch the sand for 3 levels in a row. You'll get a clean sand achievement.
- Hit the Umphee with an orange ball. He will dig down in the sand and fetch you a coin.
- Catch two clear capsules in a row to make the clam appear
If you like MacBrickout, try these modest in-app purchases:
1) Unlock full version (This is a must-have! You get free balls, bomb balls, lasers, bonus levels, musical bricks, hidden fruits & veggies and much more)
2) Unlock all levels (faster than trying to unlock them one by one)
3) Super Umphee Ball 5-pack (great way to blast through a tough level)
Follow on Twitter:
@MacBrickout and @CarsonWhitsett
"MacBrickout is riddled with originality from the accompanying soundtrack to the level designs, but at the same time offers the familiarity of the classic game." - AppCraver 5/31/2012 (Rating: 9 out of 10)
"If you think you’ve seen every variation there is of Breakout, you obviously haven’t broken into MacBrickout." - 4.5/5 stars - whatsOniPhone 7/2012
"I find MacBrickout delightfully retro and a pure pleasure to play" - The iPhone App Review (4.5 stars of 5)
"The challenge may be tough but remember when the going gets tough the tough get MacBrickout!" - iPhoneGlance.com 6/2012
AppSafari rating: 4.5/5
Some of my favorite user reviews:
"It's like when they remade Tron. Still the fun game you remember from the 80's but a 2011 look and feel. 5 stars!" -Compcaddy
"Whacked out fun, pure and simply my favorite game of all. Even Angry Birds are mad about it..." - R Fields
"MacBrickout is the single best Brekaout [sic] variant I've ever seen - involving not only reflexes but strategy and tactics as well." -green3q
"I find the game terribly addicting and is ideal for someone stuck on the subway for 30 minutes everyday" - Saul S.
MacBrickout was born in 1993 on a Macintosh IIci. We're celebrating 25 years of MacBrickout with this fresh face lift. Download and enjoy the game that has enamored several generations of players.
RedX and ruby achievements were getting mixed up. Fixed!
Ratings and Reviews
Super Fun & Challenging!
This is a super fun and challenging take on the classic game! The levels are really well designed, each with its own theme and strategies. The levels start nice and easy, but the pace ramps up as you clear out bricks. There are a ton of twists and items to explore that really change up the gameplay. There really is a great spirit of fun in this game!
The 2.0 version of the game made it even better. Now you can play any level you've unlocked, which means this game is something you can play when you just want to kill a few minutes. Or you can always take a run at a high score from Level 1. Plus, the game now has fun and creative music that goes really well with the design of each of the levels. Check it out!
Good but is missing mania and 3.0 levels
I don’t get it there are 3.0 levels and mania levels in the pc version but not the iOS version but I am not in the mood to find and place a register file to play those levels so please add them to the iOS version and this game is up with my top brick breakers which are not counting this game bashi blocks all 5 brick breaker revolution games a brick breaker with a hand drawn art style and unique gimmicks that I forget the name of so you made a good game so please add in the mania and 3.0 levels and update the pc version to 5.0
I still think this is a great game!! Now even better. The update allows me to select my favorite levels. That's great for me since my coordination is not so good. Umphee is so cute he should be on a t-shirt!
For those who have had problems with the game-I have asked questions of the developer and his customer service can't be beat. Give that a try if you have a problem. Do the in app purchase. You won't be sorry!
I'm playing the full version. On level one something happened-don't know how-and suddenly it seemed like I had every possible ball and capsule plus the smokin' eye flying around!!! So fun! Then Umphee was bouncing around too and I kept hearing BONUS and
"25,000!!" Way, way fun! There are so many little surprises in this game and half the fun is figuring out how to make them happen again.
That was a blast!! Get the full version!
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Ditty Labs, LLC
- 102.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010 - 2018 Ditty Labs, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Game Free
- Unlock All Levels $2.99
- Super Umphee Ball 10-Pack $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.