MacFamilyTree 8 gives genealogy a facelift: modern, interactive, convenient and fast. Explore your family tree and your family history in a way generations of chroniclers before you would have loved to do. MacFamilyTree helps you capture your family history and turns data and facts into conclusive reports and visually impressive charts. No matter how you want to illustrate your family relationships – MacFamilyTree 8 has the right solution for you, offering different types of reports, charts or the innovative Virtual Tree 3D view.
Brand-new and unique: CloudTree Sync&Share (macOS Sierra required)
MacFamilyTree 8.1 comes with the brand new CloudTree feature - it is now possible for the first time to work on the same family tree with any number of users and in real time. All changes to your tree will be transferred and available to all other users invited by you within a few seconds. CloudTree operates in compliance with the highest data protection standards.
Your possibilities are nearly endless – optionally synchronize your data via iCloud or CloudTree, access a huge genealogical online archive to assist your research, create websites and family books or do your research on the go with MobileFamilyTree 8, available separately for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
MacFamilyTree 8 Overview:
- well-structured, fast and easy-to-use user interface
- the new Interactive Family Tree: Lets you navigate your entire family tree, view all persons and families, and add persons directly
- CloudTree Sync&Share: Sync your tree with your own devices or share and collaborate with other users
- FamilySearch: Doing extensive research has never been more convenient - access the world's biggest genealogical archive with several billions of person and family records from the comfort your home.
- Genealogical research developed specifically for macOS in order to harness cutting-edge Apple technologies for optimized application performance
Display your family tree: Charts, reports, views, and lists
- Numerous chart and view options, such as the Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics, Name Distribution (by first and last names), Statics Maps (based on Apple Maps), Fan Chart, Kinship Chart, Genogram or Globe
- Numerous report options, such as Person Report, Family Report, Kinship Report, Narrative Report, Places List, Events List, Special Features Report, Person Analysis, Anniversaries, Person Lists, Marriage Lists, Plausibility Report, Source List, Task List, Map Report, Descendant Report, and more.
- Use the Virtual Globe feature to see how your family has spread across the globe in the course of time
- The MacFamilyTree 8 Virtual Tree shows your family history from an entirely new perspective - a 3D perspective!
- Full retina support. The user interface and all charts and views support high-resolution screens for optimized display quality
Research and publish
- Use FamilySearch to collaborate with your relatives or millions of other users or browse billions of person entries, which you can download directly into your family tree.
- Publish your family tree free of charge at MacFamilyTree.com – optional password protection available.
- Interview contemporary witnesses and save your videos or audio footage along with your notes
- All charts and reports may be shared directly from within MacFamilyTree via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook.
- The Family Quiz: Find out just how well you know your family tree
.... and so much more!
- Directly open PDF files in the Preview app from the Edit Media section
- Backup window is now displayed correctly on smaller screens
- Bug fixes for older macOS versions, especially when using the new Edit Media section
- Localization updates
Ratings and Reviews
Very reliable program from people who care
It is always hard to learn a new program after using another one you have loved for years so I can see that those people who were forced to replace Family Tree Maker would be a difficult lot to satisfy. I know because I continue to use my favorite photo software, Aperture, four years after Apple stopped development of that wonderful program. Having said that, I came to MACFamily8 as a newbie genealogist a couple years ago. This program is not difficult to use and has lots of bells and whistles to be discovered even after years of experience. I have never had it close down on me or malfunction. The operating manual is ok but like all programs these days, the operating manual is not very user friendly. I do wish that Missing Manuals would develop one of their wonderful user-oriented guides for this program. However, the software maker does take questions from their website and their support staff are responsive, knowledgeable, and caring. I recommend this program.
A fantastic Family Tree Tool
I have used many family tree programs over the years and I think Mac Family Tree is the best. I love that it is aailable on my Macs and IOS devices and also in the cloud. I can quickly and easily enter new information from anywhere. This has come in handy while traveling and older family members remember some fact or person I need to record. I have several trees and they are all accessible in Mac Family Tree from anywhere. The layout is easy to read and enter details and it all gets backed up to the clooud as I work so I don’t lose anything if somethig happens to my devices. The Mac Family Tree app is a great price and comes with really great support from the creator. I have been using this programs for three years now and it gets better with each update. The creator is also responsive to user requests for features. I highly recommend this program and the IOS version.
Very Good but how to suggest improvements
I use this app a lot. It is very good. Best geneaological record keeping app out there. I really wish the developers would have a way to have real users make suggestions for improvements. There is much opportunity here to be even better by listening to users. I would love to have a bit more ability to customize my views. The newest update added the word “nee” to anything populating the “family name” field. No way to remove that. I use that field for entering an individual’s mother’s name, which is very handy. Now the automatic “nee” inserted by developers make my name entries appear incorrect. Don’t really understand the reason behind adding that. If one enters an individual’s name at birth no matter the gender and then populate the “married name” field provided for women’s married name, there is no need for a “nee” indication. Also being able to select which populated fields are visible under an individuals events on their page would be nice.
- Synium Software GmbH
- 232 MB
OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Copyright Synium Software Germany 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.