By Yonac Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ON SALE NOW! 33% OFF for a limited time!
Magellan is the bold new professional analog modeling synthesizer for the iPad. Not content with just one synth, we gave Magellan TWO independent polyphonic synth engines. Individually or together, they deliver a new powerful warmth to the sound of iOS music.
Complete with a full FX rack, a total of six oscillators, dual filters per engine, multiple unison stages, extensive modulation matrix, dedicated arps, powerful MIDI capabilities, and a polyphonic step-sequencer - the aural possibilities with Magellan are infinite!
Check out our awesome Magellan vids! www.youtube.com/YonacSoftware
\\\ Synth ///
• 2 independent virtual analog synth engines running simultaneously
• 3 oscillators per synth engine; total of 6 realtime oscillators
• Osc unison stage w/ adjustable detune & width, up to 24 simultaneous wave generators for supersaw effect
• Realtime PWM Modulation for osc 1 & 2
• FM module w/ dedicated blend, ADSR envelope, adjustable contour
• Oscillator 2>1 ring modulation
• Noise generator w/ adjustable tone
• VCA ADSR envelope
• Separate voice unison stage w/ settable stereo spread, detune
• Dual Keyboards w/ individual pitch & modulation wheels
• Dual Touch Pad controls w/ settable key & scale & note-snapping, individual voice parameterization
• Polyphonic, Monophonic, Poly/Mono Legato operation modes
• Matrixpad modulation w/ configurable x/y destinations, synth out select, optional snapback
• Realtime oscilloscope (iPad 2 & newer)
• Synth coupling - run both synths by one control interface
• Inter-App Audio
• Audio backgrounding
• Tap tempo
• 20 voice combined polyphony (10 voice combined for iPad 1)
\\\ Filters ///
• 2 filter banks per synth engine, configurable in series or parallel
• Dedicated ADSR envelope for each bank; selectable envelope curve, adjustable contour & tracking
• 11 Filter types for each bank:
• "Magellan" 24dB Resonant LP
• "Victor" 24dB Resonant L/H/B Pass
• "Voyvoda" 12dB L/H/B Pass
• Formant, Comb, All-Pass, Notch filters
• True bypass
\\\ Modulation ///
• Dual LFO's per synth
• 4 freely assignable destinations per LFO
• Dedicated amp setting for each destination
• 3 reset modes
• Adjustable phase & delay
• Frequency tracking
\\\ Arp ///
• Dedicated arp in each synth engine
• 10 arp patterns; Settable note value & gate; swing
• 6 octaving modes, settable note and octave repeats
\\\ Sequencer ///
• Analog inspired 16/32 step polyphonic sequencer
• 8 track poly out per pattern in 16-step, 4 track poly out in 32-step "link" mode
• Trackwise selection of target synth engine
• Settable pitch, velocity, gate, octave per step
• 6 sequence algorithms for each pattern
• Timeline for creating song length sequences w/ patterns
• Share or bounce song files containing sequences
\\\ Chordmaker ///
• Dedicated Chordmaker module for each synth
• Create/save chord progressions; play by pressing a single key
\\\ FX ///
• Comprehensive FX rack: EQ, Compressor, Reverb, Stereo Delay w/ BPM sync, Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Waveshaper, Bitcrusher, Expander
• Configurable FX signal flow
\\\ Record & Share ///
• Tape deck for recording app audio
• Export via email, SoundCloud
• Export/Import via WiFi, Copy/Past, Sonoma
• Audiobus for Input or FX slot
\\\ MIDI ///
• CoreMIDI / Virtual MIDI
• Individually configurable synth MIDI In & Out ports
• Keyboard splitting
• Control Magellan w/ external MIDI controllers
• MIDI Learn w/ 350+ destinations
• Sync w/ external MIDI clocks - control sequencer or arp
• Share Magellan MIDI CC maps
\\\ Presets ///
• Over 300 factory presets
• 2 banks & song designed by Sunsine Audio
• Share presets, banks via email or iTunes; Save unlimited banks & presets
• SPAWN - use SPAWN's artificial intelligence to automatically create amazing new sounds
• Export/Import presets, banks via email or iTunes; Create/save unlimited banks & presets
What's New in Version 3.1
• iOS 8 compatibility
• Now can use Magellan as IAA FX plugin as well
• Latest Audiobus SDK
• Audiobus state saving
• Updates to improve robustness
• Other improvements & fixes
Musician quality app that even beginners can enjoy
I am using this app as a synth for my guitar setup with a midi pickup. It turns my guitar into a live instrument. Keyboard players will be able use the app in the same manner. I play through the app on an IPAD Air with a Camera connector kit (usb). I use a core midi interface built into my Digitech GNX4 or a M-Audio USB Midisport Uno MIDI Interface to communicate with the app. I plug the headphone Jack directly into my line in channel on my speakers, GNX4, headphones, or even a regular stereo system with a line in. It is awesome to play. You can create your own sounds from scratch or start with a preset from the sound bank.
One cool feature is the app ability to be an an effects processor for other music apps using AudioBus. I can shut off "midi in" and the program will process the sounds from another music app to the speakers or through to another music app or IPAD DAW.
Other features include midi thru, sequencer, two channels, effects, and sooooo much more. This purchase is no brainer for those experienced or just getting started in computer generated music.
Very impressed -- ONE PROBLEM, NO OVERWRITE CONFIRM
The keyboard options alone make this app stand out.. Split into vertical octaves, have always wondered why other apps didn't have it, finally found it in Magellan, and the sounds engine is deep and varied. Great customization, and the spawn randomizer function is great.
One thing with the keyboard, sometimes I'm inclined to stagger those octaves in chromatic mode, you know, by fifth or something, would be a comfy way for guitarists, violinists to get all the notes.
Great app. Easily my favorite synth on and off the iPad.
One serious problem i do have is the overwrite for presets. I have that panel open a lot going from sound to sound, tweaking one of my presets for a particular mix, and sometimes I hit overwrite and it erases my original preset without confirming. Very frustrating since as epic as this app is, the nuances of that setting are gone for good unless I am extremely lucky and can manage to find the same settings. That's the only actual almost-flaw with this app—it never crashes, works amazingly with sequencers and DAWs, infinite possibilities.
A must have for any musician
Being a musician, and looking for that perfect sound for your NEXT BIG hit can be somewhat time consuming. The mass number of VST's that came out since Stienburg's releases (maker of Cubase) has been overwhelming! There are a handful of really good synths out there, and even less on the iPad.
Magellan has to be one of the best synths on the iPad market. The diversity that this brings to the table is amazing. I like to make my OWN presets from the ground up, getting that perfect sound to color a chorus. I have the confidence to use the Magellan as the opening act, putting the Magellan in the spotlight, making the INTRO with presets that I made!
As a musician I play guitar live, but in the studio I play Guitar, Bass, Drums, Cello, Violin, and of course Synths... This app has become a great asset when recording!!!
A must have, easy to use, fun to master.. You can create presets with a touch of a button...But the most IMPORTANT part...IT SOUNDS AMAZING!!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 10, 2014
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 25.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Yonac Inc.
- © 2012 Yonac Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Magellan's Atlantic Preset Expansion Pack$0.99
- Sunsine Audio - Explorer 1-3 Preset Bundle$4.99
- New Wave Presets - Mega Pack II$4.99
- New Wave Presets - Mega Pack I$4.99
- New Wave Presets - Chiptune Pack$4.99
- Sunsine Audio - Explorer 3 Preset Expansion Pack$1.99
- Sunsine Audio - Explorer 1 Preset Expansion Pack$1.99
- New Wave Presets - Mega Pack III$4.99
- Sunsine Audio - Explorer 2 Preset Expansion Pack$1.99