Do you want to embroider unique and highly-realistic pictures? Are you tired of boring and one-dimensional embroidery patterns? Make your own pattern for cross-stitching in three seconds!
Magic Needle is a great opportunity to make a memorable gift for your family, friends or yourself!
Magic Needle is simple to use:
• Upload any image or photo
• Choose the size of needlepoint you want to make, the brand of floss, and the number of colors you want to use.
• Magic Needle makes a pattern and a summary page that has all the information about your project and materials you need:
• Canvas type and size
• Floss colors and numbers
• Number of skeins of each color
• Just get your materials and start embroidering – the picture will come to life with every stitch.
Use Magic Needle to start embroidering immediately:
• Sensitive color selection makes your picture the most realistic.
• See how the result would change depending on the floss brand you choose (different brands have different shades).
• Pattern center is calculated and marked to help you start your work.
• Zoom in to any part of the picture and see even the smallest details.
• Built-in ruler to show the number of crosses needed.
• Advanced settings:
• Set the number of strands
• Set fabric type and count
• Add extra canvas
• Inconvenient to embroider from the screen of your phone or tablet? Save the pattern to PDF format and print!
Magic Needle is designed to make you enjoy every embroidered cross.
New feature launch! Pattern export to PDF format!
• Bug fixes and performance improvement
Ratings and Reviews
Size and Color Issues
I like this app but had two problems. 1. My picture was horizontal and although I watched the tutorial I had trouble figuring out how to make it fit. I did finally realize that there is a “box” that changes the shape. This needs to be addressed in the tutorial. 2. My picture contains a considerable amount of white. But when I converted it the color became cornflower blue very light. This is VERY different from white.
I wasted both time and money (since I used the trial and all 3 of my paid conversions) trying to resolve these two issues. And I still have to try to adjust the colors to my picture!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are working on advanced crop tool and better color palette selection. Sorry for the inconvenience, we will take into account these issues in the next application update.
We really appreciate your review and will do our best to make your embroidery experience more enjoyable.
This has been great in helping me to create a cross stitch for my brother. Two things I would love to see:
1) A way to mark the progress I’ve made in the app, to find where I left off easier
2) An option to use less than 8 colors. I am cross stitching a word currently, yet the app is still requiring 8 colors. I’d be happy with two or three, but it’s difficult to transfer a name or word into a simple image.
Keep up the good work!
Developer Response ,
Hello, thanks for your feedback - we really appreciate such a detailed comment.
We're now in process of applying all these features into the new version of the app. Please check AppStore for the upcoming updates.
Magic Needle Support Team
Needs an update that allows for exporting.
Really an awesome app for converting images to cross stitch patterns. Would give it a five star if only a way to export or even better to print your chart. As it is now I have to have my iPad with me and chatted if I want to work on it. Perfect amount of options so the user is not easily confused.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your positive feedback! Export to PDF is available in the 1.4 version. Enjoy your hobby
- Artem Shal
- 53.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Artem Shal
- In-App Purchases
- 1 pattern $2.99
- 3 patterns $5.99
- 7 patterns $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.