• Nominated for a BAFTA
• Nominated for a Pocket Gamer award
• Named in 100 Greatest Apps Of All Time by Tap! Magazine 2011 & 2012
• App Madness Tournament Champion Sept 2011
• Pocket Gamer Gold Medal
When veteran video game designers John and Ste Pickford discovered a mysterious bundle of papers hidden in the family attic, who could have guessed it would lead to one of the best new modern puzzle games in years?
To John and Ste's delight their work revealed an addictive, compelling, and completely original strategic puzzle game, which they named 'Magnetic Billiards: Blueprint'.
The game plays very much like pool, using intuitive touch controls. The twist is that balls of the same colour stick together magnetically when they touch.
Magnetic Billiards tables have no pockets, instead balls are removed by building clusters of connected balls, with extra rewards for creating recognised cluster shapes.
Points are scored based on the skill displayed and risks taken each shot, and grades are awarded for the total score earned when a table is cleared.
Clearing a table is the easy part. Trying to earn high scores and achieve high grades is where the surprising genius of the game becomes apparent.
Sure, anyone can beat an F grade, but will you ever get an A grade? Is there a higher grade than A? Can you unlock all the tables?
Although easy to play the game is fiendishly addictive, as the simple game mechanic is deceptively subtle and deep. Even after months of play you'll still be figuring out new ways to beat your previous best scores and grades.
As you aim for higher and higher you'll realise that no two games of Magnetic Billiards: Blueprint are ever alike. Re-playing each table presents you with an endlessly fascinating challenge, as new strategic decisions need to be made with every shot to maximise the points earned.
"Its magic though comes from Nintendo-esque levels of refinement, with each table a honed masterpiece of risk and opportunity" - The Guardian
"an original gameplay concept, tweaked to near-perfection, and steeped in character. This is what indie gaming should be" - Pocket Gamer 9/10 - Gold Award
"combines elements of billiards and match three in a crazy way that is incredibly fun" - Touch Arcade ****½
"Yes, we like it a lot, especially because its so well made. ...this is captivating, quality gaming that you really shouldnt miss." - Tap! Magazine ****
"Generous, polished and charmingly eccentric" - EDGE 8/10
"it's incredibly simple but alarmingly addictive once you get going." - Eurogamer 8/10
"Absolutely essential for anyone with an iOS device" - The Telegraph
Packed with great features and content:
• Classic Game has 20 graded 'Casual' tables to unlock, requiring skill and careful play to earn the highest grades.
• An additional 3 graded tables each from the 'Serious', 'Tricky' and 'Fiendish' sets, to test your skill even further.
• 'Relentless' Arcade game, an addictive and endless mode to keep you playing between Classic Game tables.
• Full Game Center support with several Leaderboards and dozens of Achievements to discover.
Addition optional expansions can be purchased in-game, including new content and new game modes:
• Two more Arcade Games - 'Sardines' and 'Countdown', addictive and fast-paced game variations.
• The key to 17 extra 'Serious' tables, offering a deeper challenge.
• The key to 17 extra 'Tricky' tables where the game starts to get tough.
• The key to 17 extra 'Fiendish' tables for only the most advanced players.
• A one time only purchase of a 'Skeleton Key', unlocking all existing content and any future content.
• Two exciting prototypes of new games to try out, exclusively for Skeleton Key owners.
• Updated to work properly with the iPhone 6 and 6+ screens.
• Audio quality much improved throughout the game.
• New icon.
Thanks for playing!
Ratings and Reviews
In my opinion I think this is one of the better games out there. It's fun to play in fun to learn and you can tell the company that makes us really cares about making good apps. It works flawlessly on my iPhone 4s and I play it at least a few times a week. Thanks!
Deceptively deep & challenging.
I didn't expect much from this game, but after four straight hours, I am blown away by how fun this game actually is. My only complaint is that the rest of the paid content seems to not be ready for purchase. Somebody but better get to work! :) I am ready to drop a few dollars on additional game play modes and maps. I'm hoping that some of the maps are a little more open and zoomed out for greater scoring opportunities.
Definitely worth downloading
Gameplay itself is really fun and addicting. Scoring is a little overcomplicated--there are so many multipliers and possibilities for scoring that even after playing for an hour I'm unable to really follow what's happening as the numbers whizz by. Only annoying thing is that it's hard to tell where the edge of the gameplay area is-- sometimes my finger goes out of bounds and the ball releases when I didn't intend. REALLY like the various pricing models. Would like to see more games adopt this style.
- Zee 3 Limited
- 55 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011, 2014 The Pickford Bros. Licensed to Zee-3. Magnetic Billiards is a registered trademark of The Pickford Bros.
- In-App Purchases
- Skeleton Key $1.99
- Serious Tables Key $0.99
- Relentless Game $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.