Manga Rock - Best Manga Reader
By Not A Basement Studio JSC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover, Read, and Download thousands of manga for FREE!
AppAdvice - "The go-to app for thousands of manga titles"
iSource - "The whole experience is fast, fast, fast"
- Browse thousands of manga from 24 sources, in 7 languages
- Get recommended manga based on what you read
- See what others are reading and what is popular on Manga Rock
- View related manga of the current manga you are selecting
- Specially-made viewer deliver the best manga reading experience
- 3 reading mode: Horizontal, Vertical, and Book mode
- Advanced Settings accessible right in the viewer for deep customization
- While reading online, the next chapter will automatically be downloaded in the background
- Download manga back to your device to read later.
- Support concurrent multiple chapters download
- Smart speed optimizer to save battery & data usage
- Push Notification: get instantly notified when your favorite manga has new chapters
- Favorites: Manage manga that you love
- Recent: Pick up where you left off from your reading history
- Continuous Reading: Start on one device, finish on another seamlessly
- Manga Rock Cloud: backup & restore all your data for multi-device usage
DISCLAIMER: Due to copyrights, not all manga are available for US users!
What's New in Version 3.3.1
- Fixed a number of bugs to improve the app stability & performance
It's good but the suggestions are pretty awful
I don't think that they honestly look at any of your previous reads, or even the tags that what you're reading has. I can be reading single tag things, like it's just tagged splice of life, and it'll land me a lap full of exactly what's on the most popular screen. Like, if I wanted a suggestion of what's been most popular for the past twelve years I'd look at the most popular tag, at least match what's in my tag with what is in the story I'm being recommended. Rather than a most recent it would be cool to have the stories all in order of update, I kind of like the more recent stories over the most popular. The art just tends to be more enjoyable, and that way I could search for completed series with more than one or two results.
But although there are complaints it IS my favored method of reading manga, it has a large selection, and relatively few ads. A good way of formatting the manga, and a nice selection for transitioning pages.
The app is actually really easy for me to use, but that might just be only my opinion because I haven't been on it for only but a month. But this app allows me to bookmark, favor and download mangas that I am interested in. One thing I would like to see happen is for the suggestions tab is to add suggestions based on the mangas that the person has read, or stared. Not that the suggestion page with the ranked mangas aren't helpful! I was able to find a lot of manga that I had read and some really interesting new ones! But still, it would be nice to see that feature. Then again tho, this app must have a very large data system because of all the mangas that are recorded for all of the users, so it would be understandable if they couldn't add the feature XD. I mean I think that the app is very successful already and very functional~ Thxs to the developers and app managers!~
Another update please
I highly recommend this app. But it does need constant developer attention. I use this app everyday, multiple times a day. It's worth looking over the buggy issues, which the developers work quickly to fix. But, within the last two weeks, I don't know what's going on, but every time I load a manga the chapters won't load in full. It will load a page and skip a few and then load another. How am I supposed to even read it properly?! I'm missing half the chapters pages! And sometimes the chapter won't even load at all even if I have full service. I don't know if it's just me, but I even deleted and re-downloaded it but it's still happening. Please update the app soon. I love this app so dearly and want it running properly again!
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 11, 2016
- Version: 3.3.1
- Size: 65.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Not A Basement Studio JSC
- © 2015 Not A Basement Studio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Manga Rock - Full Version$4.99