The best ebook reader platform on the market: user friendly, powerful, fast, with synchronized library, this book reader provides unprecedented flexibility, speed and reading comfort.
Highlight excerpts, take notes, organize your books, add your favorite bookstores and much more!
- Synchronized bookshelves: Switch between your phone and tablet and always find your books, reading positions, collections, tags, ratings, bookmarks, in their most recent state.
- Supports Adobe and Sony DRM, allowing you to read ebooks protected against hacking
- Customizable Stores section with integrated OPDS browser, and options to add links to your preferred bookstores
- Supports the most common ebook formats (EPUB2, PDF)
FLEXIBLE EBOOK READER
- Bookmark pages, highlight or underline text, add notes to a page or to a selected text
- Pin the navigation panel to display your notes next to the text
- Enjoy your PDFs even on smartphones thanks to the advanced PDF support, with lightning-fast vertical and horizontal scroll, Pan & Zoom
- Edit your book details in a very simple way: Title, author, language, publisher
- Organize them in collections, manage their tags and find them instantly with quick access filters (tags, authors, rating...) or with the search function
- Thanks to the synchronization functions, you will retrieve your organization on all your synced devices and even in the website interface of the Cloud
ADD BOOKS EASILY
- Browse the preconfigured bookstores or the OPDS catalogs and websites you have added in the "My Stores" section.
- Support for iPhone X
- Book pages now fill the full screen
- Various interface fixes for the iPhone
- Endless loop when attempting to sign in to Bookari Cloud with expired credentials
- Random crash when fulfilling ACSM files
Ratings and Reviews
Unbelievably obnoxious ads
Unbelievably obnoxious ads completely unfeeling with a reading experience. I opened it to check a reference work but had to jump through a forced interaction and then a full screen gaming ad for like 30 seconds.
Bookari has a number of interesting features that are either unique to it, or which the author has taken a novel approach with.
The annotations are fairly sophisticated, clearly showing the highlighted text, and allowing the reader to add custom colors, notes, tags, and categories. As someone that takes a lot of notes, I found this welcome and useful.
The app claims to support synchronization across devices, which sounds promising. Unfortunately, I was unable to sign in via e.g. Facebook in order to enable the cloud-based synchronization. This might have a few bugs to work out.
The overall interface is clean and accessible. There aren’t a lot of complex menus or options to configure, for better and for worse. There is a unique progress display that shows not only a progress meter, but also the number of pages read and the total number of pages; it’s a nice touch.
There’s also a convenient navigation pane, which can optionally be docked to the side of the screen, which allows quick access to the table of contents, bookmarks, notes, and highlights; it’s a convenient feature, and especially when reading e.g. reference books on a higher-resolution tablet such as an iPad Pro.
That all said, the free version has highly-invasive pop up advertisements that interrupt your reading and make noise (a good recipe for waking up your partner, if you read at night like I do). And since some of the advanced features, such as synchronization, are currently buggy, I can’t justify paying money for the app. As such, I’m sticking with Marvin, which I quite like.
Still, Bookari shows promise and I look forward to seeing where the developer takes it.
Best ebook reader by a long shot!
I've been using Mantano for a few years. Occasionally I have problems and get frustrated. Then I'll download several other readers. But I've never found a reader half as good as Mantano. I did like Chmate. But it's like a pony compared to a racehorse in the features department.
Mantano's customer service is excellent even though sometimes I'm not very good at explaining the problem.
One thing I've found is that every time I try to use the new ePub 3 format, everything goes haywire. The only fix that I've had success with is to delete the document, re download it and resist the temptation to "try it out to see if its working right yet." But the rest of Mantano is SO much better than any other reader, I can live without ePub 3.
- 115.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2017 Mantano
- In-App Purchases
- Go premium $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.