Track and map every run with MapMyRun and get feedback and stats to improve your performance. Discover the best running routes, save and share your favorites, and get inspired to reach new running goals with a community of over 50 million runners. Whether you’re a beginner looking to log your first mile or a seasoned runner, you’ll find the features and tools you need to stay on track and motivated along the way.
- Named Top 10 Apps for Runners by The Guardian
- Featured in the NY Times, TechCrunch, Wired, & TIME
- Voted Best Running App Readers' Choice on About.com
TRACK AND MAP YOUR WORKOUTS
- Log over 600+ activities with the largest selection of activity types, including: running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga, and more.
- Get audio feedback on every GPS-tracked run, with customizable voice feedback for stats like pace, route, distance, calories, and elevation.
- Connect with 400+ devices to import and analyze all your data in one place.
- Add your running shoes and track mileage with Gear Tracker. Get notified when it’s time for a new pair and avoid injuries.
- Use Routes to find nearby places to run, save your favorite paths, add new ones, and share them with others.
CONNECT WITH APPS AND WEARABLES
- Track your runs with the Apple Watch app and view your progress at a glance.
- Let your shoes do the tracking with UA Record Equipped connected shoes that automatically track your runs and sync your data with your MapMyRun app.
- Sync your data with the hottest apps and wearables, including Apple Health, Apple Watch, Garmin, Fitbit, Jawbone, and more.
- Take control of your nutrition by connecting with MyFitnessPal for a comprehensive look at your calorie intake and burn.
JOIN THE COMMUNITY
- See what your friends and others around the world are doing on your Activity Feed. There’s always someone there to motivate you.
- Get social and share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter.
- Join Challenges to compete with others, climb the leaderboard, and win awesome prizes.
TRAIN LIKE A PRO WITH MVP PREMIUM FEATURES
- Become a premium member for an ad-free experience with special features
- Get Training Plans and reach your running goals (e.g., 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon) with personal training plans that adapt dynamically to your fitness level as you improve.
- Monitor & analyze your Heart Rate zones to adjust your training based on your goal.
- Set a target for your run and stay on track with audio coach updates, including pace, distance, duration, calories & more.
- Use Live Tracking to share your real-time running location and give loved ones peace of mind.
- Access additional premium features on MapMyRun.com
If you upgrade to a premium MVP subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. The monthly subscription costs USD 5.99 per month, while the yearly subscription costs USD 29.99 per year, or USD 2.50 per month. Your subscription renews automatically unless canceled at least 24 hours prior to the end of the current period. There is no increase in cost when renewing.
Subscriptions can be managed and auto-renewal turned off in Account Settings in iTunes after purchase. Once purchased, the current period cannot be canceled. Any unused portion of a free trial period is forfeited if you choose to purchase a premium subscription to MVP.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
MapMyRun is part of the world’s largest digital health & fitness community, Under Armour Connected Fitness, which includes UA Record, MapMyFitness, Endomondo, & MyFitnessPal. These apps were built to empower healthy and active lifestyles with one mission – to make you better.
This release brings behind the scenes improvements to make the app more stable.
Ratings and Reviews
This app makes my Apple Watch worthless
I’ve been using this app for many years. I even bought an Apple Watch as a companion to this app for running, biking, and walking the dog. I like that it communicates with myfitnesspal
But here’s the rub. When this app is installed on my Apple Watch, it starts itself, runs in the background, and kills my watch battery before the end of the work day. A watch that does before the end of your work day is not very useful. I have to go I. To the phone and kill the app, then kill the app on the watch, and even by then it seems the Watch has opened the app on the phone again already. I spend 10 minutes fussing with it when I notice it’s doing that just so that I can make sure my watch battery won’t be drained in 6 hours. It’s fine when I remove this app. It’s even fine some of the time when I have the app on. I don’t run with my Apple Watch anymore because of this app. It’s pretty annoying. I’ve talked to support about it and they basically shrugged me off and said they’ve never heard of anyone else having that problem so it must be me.
It’s a great app if they can fix that glitch, but until then, I can’t use it with my Apple Watch, which I bought specifically to use with this app.
Developer Response ,
So sorry to hear you encountered some issues with the Apple Watch app. This issue has been fixed, so you shouldn't encounter it anymore. If you do have any issues along these lines, please let us know!
Something is wrong after a recent update but this is still a great app.
I used to be able to start my workout on my phone, put my phone in my pocket, hold up my wrist and see that on my Apple Watch the app had already opened and showed my workout already going. The last few weeks this no longer works or only works part of the time. Now I hold my watch up (after starting a workout on my phone) and it does already have the watch app open, but now it only offers me the option to start another workout on my watch. So I start a workout there, and then SOMETIMES it will get in sync with the phone and change the time, and other times it won’t. Then I get home and finish my workout on the phone so that I can write my notes before finalizing it. After which I will notice later that when I hold my watch up there is still a workout going on my watch which I have to finish and delete. These are not issues that were present a few weeks ago. It would be nice to see this rolled back to where the phone and watch properly sync with each other during and after a workout.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting us know, and I'm very sorry to hear you've had a frustrating experience with our app. Good news: this issue should be fixed in our latest release (18.8.6), which is now available in the App Store. Stay tuned for more improvements to our Watch experience over the next several months! And thanks for using MapMyRun!
I have noticed since the most recent update that something must have happened to this app. Wondering if a rep from the company would read this and get back to me? Have used this app for a year + and most recently for training for my half marathon for the past few months. So so disappointed as the last couple days when I tried to use it it pauses itself and I don’t know it. Wasn’t able to track a 10 mile run with numerous attempts of restarting the app and had to guess at my distance which is so so heartbreaking after all of this training. Also the app was already going when I launched it the other day? And it paused itself again and I closed it out, but all the sudden about 20 minutes later it started reading out my stats. Which was only five seconds because that’s when it had paused itself the last time I had tried to use it. Today when I tried it it didn’t even display numbers for the time or distance, it just showed dashes. I updated again this morning and I also deleted the app and then re-downloaded but no change. I’m so disappointed, and I was counting on using it for the half marathon which is in six days now. Help! I do see that option to get help with the app, but I would still like to reach out this way as well.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for taking the time to write in with your feedback. We understand how frustrating it is when your workout is negatively impacted by recording issues. We’re sorry this happened and the team is actively working on improvements to our tracking technology so this doesn’t happen to you again. For some scenarios, there are simple troubleshooting steps that can prevent lost or inaccurate data during your workout. The following link contains tips for optimizing your phone’s settings for recording workouts with GPS: https://mmf.zendesk.com/hc/articles/200117984. We recognize how important it is to provide reliable, accurate workout data regardless of the environment. Our engineering team studied the challenges of GPS tracking and built an improved recording experience designed to enhance precision across environments. While it’s not ready for the App Store yet, we could use your help in reaching the finish line. If you’d like to join our Beta Program, you will get early access to the improved workout engine and be able to provide direct feedback to our team. The more athletes like you we have in the program, the better we will be able to test our updates and refine the results across different geographies and environments. To join, go to Help > Join our Beta program in our mobile app. From there, you will receive an email invitation in the coming weeks with directions to download the Beta version of MapMyRun. We couldn’t do what we do without users like you. Thank you for sending us the candid feedback - we hope you’ll work with us to help make this the best workout tracker on the planet.
- Under Armour, Inc.
- 322 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2017 Under Armour Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly MVP $5.99
- Annual MVP $29.99
- Annual MVP $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.