MapleRead is a beautiful, feature-rich, sophisticated and well-integrated ebook reader app that will pleasantly change the way you read, learn and organize.
There are 3 editions, SE, CE and CX.
- SE: iPad and iPhone, EPUB+PDF reader+server
- CE: iPad only, EPUB reader
- CX: iPhone only, EPUB reader
* SE and CE can run side-by-side via split-view multitasking of iOS 11
* Easily transfer books, themes and scenes from SE to CE or CX via SE's server
* Sync data among all 3 editions running on iPad and iPhone
[Please visit our website to see more details and screenshots.]
READ BOOKS IN EYE-PLEASING STYLES
- Read DRM-free and password-free EPUB books in 3 book styles of your choice:
Classic Book, Modern Book, Modern Scroll
- Choose or create your favorite themes with
over 30 beautiful built-in day and night themes and Theme Editor
- Enhance book page layout on top of publisher's style with user's override over
font, text layout control, page layout control, paragraph numbering and more
- Look up words, translate sentences, mark pages, speak text and mark text with notes
- Navigate across the pages conveniently in multiple ways with
anchor button, two-level page slider, fast full text search and more
- Gesture control some common actions
- Read also EPUB 3.0 books designed for vertical-writing and right-to-left languages
ORGANIZE & SEARCH BOOKS
- Present the subset of browsable (visible) books using the bottom toolbar with
4 presentation styles and 11 sorting orders
- Choose the subset of browsable books using the top toolbar with a combination of
(subject) tags, (book) sets and keyword search (title, author or series)
- Manage book sets with tools that give you user-defined book sets and more
- Manage tags with tools including the tag pool and more
- Modify individual book attributes (metadata or book info) including its cover image
- Enjoy beautiful bookshelf in portrait or landscape orientation with
built-in bookshelf background scenes, Scene Editor and more
EXCHANGE BOOKS & METADATA
- Exchange is a multi-tabbed view where you can get your books in and out in many different ways
- Websites View is usually where you download from external book sources with
built-in links to OPDS catalogs and HTML webpages, user-defined links,
smart batch download, calibre support, Dropbox support and more
- iTunes View enables file transfer via USB from and to your PC
- Queue View keeps track of files transferred from Websites or iTunes
- PC Upload View enables importing multiple files at a time from your PC via Wi-Fi
ORGANIZE & SEARCH NOTES
- Mark notes that are overlappable and assigned with one of three levels of priority
that are distinguishable independent of highlight colors of themes
- Edit a single note in Note Editor
- Manage multiple notes in Note List View and its companion, Library Notes View with
user-defined note lists to keep track of different kinds of notes, that can be
exported and shared
- Import a note file automatically as a new note list so as not to mingle with your existing notes
- Search notes by quotation or comment
- Enable web access to synced data via web browsers from desktop and mobile devices
- Sync data across your devices running SE, CE or CX editions via secure cloud connection
- Sync reading positions, notes, vocab and bookmarks of books
- Enable flexible resolution of potentially multiple reading positions from synced devices
- Guarantee deterministic sync results
- Addressed various iOS accessibility compatibility issues
- Fixed other minor bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Get this. It offers way more function than paid apps
I downloaded at least 10 reader apps to compare and this app just has all the feature I was looking for. Pop up type definition, scrolling without grabber on the right, highlight that doesn't look awkward, adding note, and sending these annotations to the mail without information such as pages or the time they were saved. Being a fan of out dated skeuomorphic design, I find the 'classic book mode' very satisfying. There is one thing that bothers me in scroll mode though and that is the gray line on the top and the bottom on which the title of the book of the chaper is shown.
Just what i was looking for!
I have been using your reader between 3 different apple devices for a few months now. I have to say it is one of the best I have ever used, and I have used a lot. Everything about it is just wonderful.
The upgrades you have recently made make it even better. Syncing is even easier to use and understand. I did end up messing up and pressing the wrong button on your previous syncing method and I am glad you have made it much cleaner and easier.
I am really glad I have found your app! I have shared it with everyone I know and have given it as gifts. Thank you for supporting my reading habit!
The User Interface is a bit counter-intuitive, but once I figured everything out, I found a lot to like. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a full-featured ereading app. P.S. The new sync capabilities in 1.6 are a welcome improvement, but why a different app for iPhone and iPad?
- MAPLEPOP LLC
- 29.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016-2018 Maplepop LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Upgrade $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.