MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get where you need to go with the MapQuest GPS and navigation app. Whether it’s using turn-by-turn voice navigation for walking or driving directions, booking a ride through a variety of transportation options (including Uber and car2go), or using local transit*, MapQuest has the tools you need to navigate your world how you want.
MAP AND GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES:
• Live vector maps
• Voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation
• Real-time traffic updates
• Automatic reroutes based on traffic conditions
• Alternative routes optimized with traffic and road closures taken into account
• Ability to compare cost and ETA from a variety of transportation options
• Integration with Uber and car2go**
• Share ETA and location with friends and family
• Save your home and work address to easily get directions from wherever you are
DO MORE THAN GET DIRECTIONS:
• Search nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. with our industry-first layers bar
• Book nearby hotels directly from the MapQuest app
• Stay ahead of storms. View local weather so you can plan ahead
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• Browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub
• Car broken down? Directly access on-demand roadside assistance for help
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
* Transit currently available in Denver and Washington D.C with new cities coming soon
** Where Uber and car2go services are available
What's New in Version 5.4
Guess who's back, back again / MapQuest's back, tell a friend
The roads you drive aren't one dimensional so why should your navigation app be? Now you can see the route ahead of you in 2.5D with our new Perspective View! See exactly where your next turn is with our more realistic map view. Honestly, it's hard to explain so just update the app and see for yourself. It'll be worth it, we promise.
In addition, we're happy to introduce Speed Limit Warnings! From the road and your speedometer to your navigation app, you have a lot to look at when you're driving. Stop multitasking and check the speed limit, how fast you’re going, and your directions all in one place!* Our app one-ups your speedometer by telling you whether you’re speeding or not - no mental math required.
*Be sure to enable “Show Speed & Speed Limit” in the app Settings. We’re working hard to improve our speed limit data coverage, but as of now, it isn’t available in some residential areas so if you receive “unknown” results, that’s why. Hey, at least we’re honest.
2.5D is fine as long as you have the choice to use it or switch back to standard mode while you are driving.
It is difficult to read the street names because everything is on a slant. How could that be missed during product development?
Still despise the Goth - Apple - color blind inspired app face. Trying too much to be cool.
Hate the slanted view
When I downloaded this app it had a standard overhead view. It very recently changed to this horrible slanted view. Can't see anything now.
The best App ever !!!!!
5 star 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 25, 2016
- Version: 5.4
- Size: 43.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2016 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99
- Red Sox$1.99