MapQuest: Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get where you need to go with the MapQuest GPS and Navigation app. Whether it’s using turn-by-turn voice navigation for walking or driving directions or looking to discover something new around you, MapQuest has the tools you need to navigate your world.
Map and Navigation Features:
• Up-to-date satellite imagery and live vector maps
• Voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation*
• Automatic reroutes and alternative route options optimized with real-time traffic updates and road closures taken into account
• Save your home, work and frequently used address to easily get the directions you use most
• Share ETA and location with friends and family
Do More than simply getting directions:
• Search nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. with our industry-first layers bar
• Book nearby hotels directly from the MapQuest app
• Browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• View local weather so you can plan ahead
• Car broken down? Directly access on-demand roadside assistance for help
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
*Only supported in the United States and Canada
What's New in Version 5.10.1
The updated MapQuest is like a Swiss Army Knife. Simple, yet incredibly useful. A cut above the rest, so to speak.
New Features and Improvements
• New look and feel for account creation and arrival views
• Easier 1Password login integration
• Helpful parking spot reminder tool
• We squashed a few bugs, too
MapQuest for iPhone
I am a registered nurse and I have been doing travel nursing for the last 4 years. I am now at a permanent position but use it often. I depended on my Garmin at all times UNTIL I downloaded MapQuest for free from the App Store. I have never been so impressed with the accuracy and the different routes it provides to your destination. It even gives you the weather information and too much more helpful tips to mention. I never thought I would take down my Garmin, but this app even works with Bluetooth and tells me the turns thru my radio speakers, just like handsfree driving. The Garmin has never had that ability The Garmin told me "make a U turn" so often I thought I would never reach my destination. MapQuest totally replaces Garmin in every way! It is fantastic and I don't know what I did without it. Sorry Garmin but it outranks you in every way. Thank you MapQuest for making my driving a joy instead of a dreadful trip! Lisa BSN, RN, BC, MSN
I was struggling to use on iPod touch. It helps me gets around if when my vision gets blurry. I can use this as for walking directions for short distance. I also get a ride in family car. I love to help with gps. It worth it to have. Now with this iPad Air great does a jobs for me. Yay!!!! I use it all the time. I am able to to connected with my cochlear implant. I am able to hear. It benefits me with listening thru audio as in walking gps. It helps me to know which street to turn onto. I didn't have have to look at the maps. Save my battery life. It worth it. Before I had walking gps small device look like a watch. But didn't really help me at all. Wonderful thing with MapQuest give me access to use my cochlear implant for audio headset. Arriving my destination perfect for me without any confusion. Not even once going around as butter and butter. Thank you MapQuest
Lwilson, cochlear implant users
Help finding Exxonmobil Gas Stations
I was wanting to see if Mapquest was able to help me locate Exxonmobil Gas Stations as I made a long distance trip with their App, while driving alone. Their team answered my request and eMailed me the information I needed on how to use the "layers" portion of their App to do just that. It took two attempts on my part to complete the steps needed to implement this option to "layers."
I then asked their techies if there was a way communicate verbally with their App to find those Exxonmobil Stations, and while there is NO to do that currently, they said they would introduce such option to their development team. I think that's what I call "listening" to an App users request.
I am thoroughly satisfied with their support team.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 25, 2017
- Version: 5.10.1
- Size: 64.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2017 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.