MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get where you need to go with the MapQuest GPS and navigation app. Whether it’s using turn-by-turn voice navigation for walking or driving directions, booking a ride through a variety of transportation options (including Uber and car2go), or using local transit*, MapQuest has the tools you need to navigate your world how you want.
MAP AND GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES:
• Live vector maps
• Voice-guided, turn-by-turn GPS navigation
• Real-time traffic updates
• Automatic reroutes based on traffic conditions
• Alternative routes optimized with traffic and road closures taken into account
• Ability to compare cost and ETA from a variety of transportation options
• Integration with Uber and car2go**
• Share ETA and location with friends and family
• Save your home and work address to easily get directions from wherever you are
DO MORE THAN GET DIRECTIONS:
• Search nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like restaurants, gas stations, hotels, etc. with our industry-first layers bar
• Book nearby hotels directly from the MapQuest app
• Stay ahead of storms. View local weather so you can plan ahead
• Save money by comparing prices of nearby gas stations
• Browse menus, make reservations and order food through OpenTable and GrubHub
• Car broken down? Directly access on-demand roadside assistance for help
Please Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
* Transit currently available in Denver and Washington D.C with new cities coming soon
** Where Uber and car2go services are available
What's New in Version 5.3
You know that part in almost every 90’s teen movie where the geeky girl takes her glasses off, lets her air down and suddenly everyone likes her? This is kind of like that...minus the slow motion hair flips…
• We’ve updated our map tiles to offer enhanced capabilities, greater detail and improved performance. You’ll get the same features you know and love, but with a sharp new haircut.
• We’re happy to announce that we’ve updated our satellite imagery and it’s better than ever. We like to save the best for last so you can find the satellite option at the very end of the layers bar.
• In the past our traffic layer depicted traffic severity by color (green = the coast is clear; yellow = a few slow-downs; red = anticipate bumper to bumper and passive aggressive glances). We’ve done some spring cleaning and now you’ll only see yellow and red, where applicable. Removing green saves data and probably some hair pulling.
Best App of All
Mapquest is the only app that lets you decide where you are starting from. Google and Apple only let you start from your current location. Was out of town (not at home but wanted to do some trip planning in the future from our home). Mapquest let me setup the multiple stop trip while I was out of town, but also let me find out the distance and time between the multiple stop separately. Historically when ever there was a conflict between the various Apps, I always trusted Mapquest.
Mapquest needs to fix this!!!
Map Quest app is nice i like it but i don't weather icon at bottom right corner is USELESS...... Can you put my speed there thats shows how fast I'm going and speed limit that needs to be on this road would be SUPER. I use different app just because this app doest have my speed and speed limiter, if it would have this features that would me my only and only one gps app that i would use.
Developers had the right idea... The most annoying "feature": if I make a wrong turn or pickup a phone call, doesn't seem to have the ability to get me back to the route or refinel recognize when I return to the correct route.
Please add a button to either acknowledge when I've arrived at a destination or when I'm ready to go to the next one.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Apr 12, 2016
- Version: 5.3
- Size: 43.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2016 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99
- Red Sox$1.99