MapQuest: Maps, GPS, Voice Navigation & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MapQuest is your go-to app for live maps, GPS, voice navigation and live traffic updates.
Whether you’re running a quick errand across town or taking a road trip across the country, MapQuest has the trusted directions and features you need for stress-free navigation. Our app can guide you with voice navigation, route you around accidents, and even help you find cheap gas. You can even customize your experience with multi-stop directions, robust bookmarking options, handy sharing features and automatic traffic re-routing. MapQuest is here to help get you where you need to go, wherever life takes you.
With our MapQuest App, you can:
• Get a head start on your daily commute with live traffic updates
• Beat traffic and show up on time with automatic traffic re-routing
• Keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel with our voice-guided, turn-by-turn directions
• Locate your destination faster with our advanced search
• Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices
• Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button
• Keep friends and family in the loop by sharing your location
• Choose between walking or driving directions
Did you know we’re one of the top-rated GPS navigation apps on the iPhone? Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
What's New in Version 4.1.1
This release includes significant improvements to navigation, including more accurate ETAs and a new tile caching feature. Pet lovers, rejoice! The beloved cat and dog position icons are back with a great new look.
- Impress your friends with a punctual arrival! The ETA for your route is more accurate and responsive to traffic conditions than ever before.
- Know your next move, even with spotty cell service. We automatically cache your upcoming maneuvers to ensure you'll see and hear your next turn, even when service drops.
- Get map details on the road without a data connection. When connected to WiFi at the time of route creation, automatic tile caching will save your route map to ensure you still have map details without coverage.
- Cat and dog position icons are back! Find your furry pals in "Settings".
- Improved zoom levels mean less screen pinching and better context about your surroundings.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes.
What a disappointment.
I used to rely on MapQuest app, especially appreciate its 3-staged turn direction that executes better than many other apps and dedicated navigators. Also liked its walking voice direction very much. But as its map really sucked and stale traffic data was close to useless, I stopped using it.
The new interface looks a lot crisper. Along with the other promised improvements, I was willing to give it another try.
However, its ads placement is way too intrusive on the screen compared to other ad-supported navigation aps such as Waze. And voice commercials? That's a terrible distraction to the degree of safety hazard.
Additionally, though MapQuest Mobile still has the accurate 3-staged turn signal timing, wording in each stage is no longer as distinct.
One more thing, you have to click two buttons every time you restart MapQuest in order to see traffic layer. How does one think of so awkward a design?
Excellent mapping app
Developers providing solid app for navigation and avoiding traffic delays. They are constantly improving it and giving users more of what they want. Love this app when I'm heading home during rush hour to know whether to take an alternate route.
Most accurate map app i've ever used!!!
I have tested most of major map apps in appstore (google maps, waze,etc) but all failed me except for this one. Have not experienced any misdirections or miscalculations at all.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Mar 10, 2014
- Version: 4.1.1
- Size: 13.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2014 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99