MapQuest: Free Navigation, GPS, Maps & Traffic
By AOL Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MapQuest is your go-to app for live maps, GPS, voice navigation and live traffic updates. Whether you’re running a quick errand across town or taking a road trip across the country, MapQuest has the trusted directions and traffic info you need for stress-free navigation. Our app can route you around accidents, help with multi-stop directions and even has alternate routing capabilities, robust bookmarking options, and handy sharing features. MapQuest is here to help get you where you need to go, wherever life takes you.
With the MapQuest App, you can:
● Activate our membership-free roadside assistance directly from the menu and help you in the event of lockout, flat tires, fuel delivery, towing, and more.
● Get voice-guided turn-by-turn navigation walking or driving directions.
● Have peace of mind knowing we’re using the latest traffic data. Live traffic updates and automatic re-routing will help you get there on time.
● Choose from up to three different driving routes (when available) to get you to your destination most efficiently. We’ll take traffic, road closures, and more into account so you can choose the most optimal route.
● Impress your boss, family, and friends with an on-time arrival with our ETA (estimated time of arrival) and location sharing features.
● Bookmark your home and work addresses so you can find your way to either at the push of a button.
● Quickly search for nearby points of interest in your favorite categories like coffee, restaurants, gas, and more with our industry-first layers bar!
● Advanced search uses your contacts, recent searches, top categories, and nearby points of interest to help you find your destination faster.
● Save a few bucks when you click on nearby gas stations and view and compare their current gas prices.
● Browse menus and order food through our GrubHub partnership.
● Find a place to rest your head. Explore the area and book a nearby hotel directly from the app!
● Read Yelp reviews, pricing, and more on the go.
Join the millions of people that have already downloaded the free MapQuest app as their own personal navigator.
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.9
• We’ve fixed the crash around the list view in navigation some of our iOS9 users have reported. Thanks for the feedback!
• Who’s got style? We do! If you haven’t peeked inside the app in awhile, you’re in for a treat. It’s a makeover worth looking at.
• We made it easier to find the places you love and get our trusted turn-by-turn directions to them. Start from the top of the home screen to begin your journey. Go ahead, search nearby, add multiple stops, or choose to walk instead. The world is your oyster. Go forth and navigate!
Slow to Load and Icon Ugly
-I never use the verbal instructions, so I have no idea if they are useful. When I need to verify a route while driving solo, I pull over and do a quick visual check. App opens slowly, too much time wasted on intro screen. When I want to check a route quickly, I don't want a slow, fancy intro - just the map.
-Slow to recognize addresses when you enter them.
-MapQuest finally fixed the route problem that had me driving through an 8-foot high retaining wall to leave my apartment complex. Warning: there are probably many route problems that never get fixed.
-The black and white icon does not jump out at you. In fact, it makes the app very hard to find quickly; I guess they don't want us to use it much.
Old version was better
After using Mapquest for my job for years, I will probably have to switch to Google maps. The new update has changed everything for the worse.
It's difficult to see when it's all in black/ gray. The old version was great the way it differentiated between different traffic density using bright colors. The new version crashes a lot. The old version hardly ever gave me a problem. I wish there was an "undo update" button in the App Store, so I could go back to the way it was. Thanks a lot, Mapquest, for making my workday harder. May as well go back to using a Rand McNally paper map!
Used to like it...
I used to really like and trust the directions from this app. Last week it was freezing and also giving me incorrect directions. I passed it off as being a result of the high demand on networks during the Pope’s visit in my area. Twice just this past week it landed me in a completely different location than where I should have been.
Obviously considering my latest adventures in getting completely lost, it was not related to the Papal visit, but an issue with the app…. Time to look for something else...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Sep 23, 2015
- Version: 4.9
- Size: 28.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AOL Inc.
- © 2015 MapQuest, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Disable Ads within MapQuest$3.99
- Red Sox$1.99