Marathon 2: Durandal
By Soli Deo Gloria Productions, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"somewhere in the heavens... they are waiting"
Seventeen years have passed since you saved humanity from the Pfhor... Durandal, the only surviving artificial intelligence from the UESC Marathon, has kept you in statis all this time. Once more, you are called on to save humanity. Leading a rag-tag band of humans and guided by an insane AI, you are the last hope to stave off the Pfhor invasion.
Welcome to Marathon 2: Durandal, the second in the epic trilogy of first person shooter games that re-defined the genre. Experience the pulse-pounding action as you once again defend humanity from the alien Pfhor.
"Move fast, seize the initiative, wield superior firepower, dive into the melee, anticipate enemy movements, slaughter the defenseless, endure." ~Marathon Manual
- 28 levels divided into nine chapters
- missions include exploration, puzzles and extermination
- smooth game play experience
- "Carnage is as easy as point and shoot." ~Marathon Manual
- 8 unique weapons including:
.45 Magnum Mega Class Pistol
WSTE-M5 Combat Shotgun
M.75 Assault Rifle/Grenade Launcher
Zeus Class Fusion Pistol
... and the devastating SPNKR-X17 rocket launcher
** NOTE: Invert aim is available through the Settings app, under "Durandal"
"Being naked in space stinks. Lucky for you, Mr. Security officer, you are dressed in active military uniform, complete with a Cyberhead helmet. Your Cyberhead device is your interface to your surrounding environment." ~Marathon Manual
- battle against the aggressive Pfhor
- play the role of the cyborg security officer
- uncover the surprising secrets of the Pfhor and their allies
"Carnage is as easy as point and shoot. Different weapons are characterized with different dynamics. It is unwise, for example, to use the rocket launcher in close combat." ~Marathon Manual
Visit us at http://www.marathon4ios.com
Follow us on twitter http://www.twitter.com/blezek
Source code for this app is licensed under the GNU General Public License v2 (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html) and is available upon request (see http://www.marathon4ios.com for details).
What's New in Version 2.10
oops, fixed iPhone rendering problem.
Great, but some flaws...
Durandal was probably the best game of the trilogy, and I like the fact that they're here on the App Store, but there are three flaws that really bug me (pardon the pun).
1. The Screen size is not fixed for the iPhone 5, so it looks compressed.
2. There is a glitch where, if you leave the game running, and return later, there is no sound. An error that must be fixed. (It should also be noted that this problem appears in not just Durandal, but ALL Marathon games.
3. (Most Important) There is a glitch where, if you start the game at the level The Big House, the app will bring you straight to the home screen. This is a bug that needs to be fixed, as it takes away from the ENTIRE story.
I love all Bungie games. And Marathon is really good! Just fix these flaws, and it will be perfect!
It's back. My original Bungie Sack, with all three versions hiding in the basement. The games purchased in 199x at the Apple expo NYC. Now my new version hides in the clouds until I'm ready to play.
For a game almost 20 years old, it shows just how good the programming was. I still think Marathon is the daddy of every action game played to date. And it's still great.
Amazing, Classic, Great Port!
As a very big fan of Bungie, I try to play all their games. Even the classic ones. The Marathon series is a great one, one that inspired Halo, it's amazing. Now this app has ported it over to iOS systems, so now I can play whenever I feel so. Amazing app, I would like for an iOS 6 version though, but still great!
- Category: Games
- Updated: Apr 10, 2013
- Version: 2.10
- Size: 108 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Daniel Blezek
- © 1995 Bungie, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Master Chief Mode$0.99
- HD Mode$0.99
- Enhanced Reticules$0.99