Mark II Artist's Viewfinder
By DIRE Studio
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Artist's Viewfinder assists the filmmaker or still photographer in exploring different places and angles to find the optimal placement for the camera, and to second-guess compositions. By simulating real camera and lens combinations it allows you to visualize what you are going to shoot without actually setting up the camera. And it's also a great tool to train yourself to see.
Handles Like Your Camera
Exposure compensation. Auto-focus lock. AF confirmation beep. A Quick Control Screen for accessing frequently needed functions. A customizable Fn Key. Shutter release via the Volume Up button. We designed the Mark II so that you could feel at home the moment you start working with it. And because it also saves high resolution photos, you can even use it as a regular camera.
Visualize the Grand Landscape
Paired with a 0.5x-class super-wide converter lens*, the Mark II becomes an indispensable tool for landscape and architecture photographers. The combination can simulate super-wide lenses up to around 16mm on the full-frame 35mm format. Or you can use it to compose super-wide stitched images. The Mark II even removes distortion present in the wide converter lens — in real time.
* FOR THE LIST OF SUPPORTED CONVERTER/DEVICE COMBINATIONS PLEASE VISIT: http://www.artistsviewfinder.com/tech-specs/
When There's No Need for Color
In black & white mode Artist's Viewfinder shows just the luminance information of the scene, making it easier to explore tonal structures and simulate what a black & white photograph will look like. Taking it a step further, the optional dark and neutral toolbar theme ensures that colors from the app doesn't interfere with your composition.
Unprecedented Simulation Flexibility
The Mark II leverages our extensive Viewfinder Camera Database, containing more than 600 still and motion picture cameras, 150 medium/large format backs and countless lenses — incorporating real lens data for ALPA, Hartblei, Leica, Rodenstock, Schneider and Zeiss glass. And you can define your own cameras and lenses when you need something special for the job.
Does What Optical Viewfinders Can't Even Dream Of
Artist's Viewfinder stores location and simulation metadata with the pictures, allowing you to evaluate results of a location scout later on your computer. Or you can send the information off to the rest of the crew or to a rental house, right from the app. It also records a standard GPX format track log, alleviating the need for a separate logging device.
Want to Learn More?
The Viewfinder Handbook explains every single feature of the Mark II. It is an iPad optimized free PDF eBook available at: http://www.artistsviewfinder.com/handbook/
What's New in Version 5.0
• Black & white viewing mode.
• Set exposure compensation by long tapping the main screen and sliding up/down. Tap and hold for 1 second to reset.
• High resolution images can be saved and auto-exported in RAW, JPG and RAW+JPG formats.
• Distortion correction is now applied to high resolution images.
• Images exported to Photos are now placed in a separate album. The name of the album to use can be set in the menu.
• New preference to control image stabilization (it's off by default).
• New preference to control whether exposure lock also locks white balance.
• New preference to hide inactive frames (that is non-masked frames when masking is used and non-highlighted ones when highlighting is used).
• Tap the main screen with two fingers held close together to temporarily hide and show inactive frames.
• Improved iPhone 7 and 7 Plus support in general.
• Improved Catalog performance on iPhone 6 Plus, 6s Plus, 7, 7 Plus and iPad Pro 9.7".
• Lab measured angle of views for iPhone 7 and 7 Plus.
• Dual camera support on iPhone 7 Plus.
• In single (non-continuous) AF mode the FL button initiates focusing.
• The Change Aspect Ratio control on the Quick Control Screen becomes white when a non-native aspect ratio is in effect for the active virtual camera.
• The Parallax/Shift control on the Quick Control Screen becomes white when parallax correction and/or shift simulation is set for the active virtual camera.
• Custom wide converter conversion factor range expanded to 0.45x - 0.75x.
• Selectable lens mount for cameras with interchangeable lens mounts and for cameras having different mount variants (such as EF and PL). Note that previously added cameras may continue to be listed with their mount variants separately.
• The app's internal "Album" has been renamed to "Catalog".
• The "Display Processing" menu item replaces the former "Distortion Correction", as it now controls display resolution for both distortion correction and black & white mode.
• Saving high resolution images to views is now disabled by default.
• Exposure lock does not lock white balance by default.
• Available wide converter list is now displayed correctly on iPhone 7, 7 Plus and iPad Pro 9.7".
• Corrected a possible lockup when the 3D Level was activated with no virtual camera active.
• Corrected Catalog behavior when the in-call or active personal hotspot status bar is displayed.
• Fixed a possible crash when the Catalog is opened on devices running iOS 10.
Added wide converter profiles:
• olloclip Active Ultra Wide on iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
• olloclip Core Super Wide on iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
• Cambo Actus DB/DB+/DB2, Actus XL, WRC-400, WRS-600, WRS-1200, WRS-1250, WRS-1600, WRS-5000
• Canon EOS C700, EOS C700 GS, EOS 5D Mark IV, EOS M5
• Fujifilm GFX 50S, X-A3
• Nikon D3400, D5600
• Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II, PEN E-PL8
• Panasonic DMC-G85, VariCam 35, VariCam LT
• RED EPIC-W, SCARLET-W, WEAPON 8K S35; Canon EF, Leica M and Nikon F mount variants of EPIC, EPIC DRAGON, SCARLET, SCARLET DRAGON and WEAPON
• Sony A99 II, A6500
• Phase One IQ1 50, IQ1 100
• Sinar S 30|45
Handy app. It would also be useful to be able to flip the view horizontally and upside down, especially when using large and medium format finders.
Love this app
This app is very useful, love it
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 18, 2017
- Version: 5.0
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: DIRE Studio Kft.
- © 2009-2017 DIRE Studio Kft.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.