Mark II Artist's Viewfinder
By DIRE Studio
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Artist's Viewfinder assists the filmmaker or still photographer in exploring different places and angles to find the optimal placement for the camera, and to second-guess compositions. By simulating real camera and lens combinations it allows you to visualize what you are going to shoot without actually setting up the camera. And it's also a great tool to train yourself to see.
Handles Like Your Camera
Exposure compensation. Auto-focus lock. AF confirmation beep. A Quick Control Screen for accessing frequently needed functions. A customizable Fn Key. Shutter release via the Volume Up button. We designed the Mark II so that you could feel at home the moment you start working with it. And because it also saves high resolution photos, you can even use it as a regular camera.
Visualize the Grand Landscape
Paired with a 0.5x-class super-wide converter lens*, the Mark II becomes an indispensable tool for landscape and architecture photographers. The combination can simulate super-wide lenses up to around 16mm on the full-frame 35mm format. Or you can use it to compose super-wide stitched images. The Mark II even removes distortion present in the wide converter lens — in real time.
* FOR THE LIST OF SUPPORTED CONVERTER/DEVICE COMBINATIONS PLEASE VISIT: http://www.artistsviewfinder.com/tech-specs/
When There's No Need for Color
In black & white mode Artist's Viewfinder shows just the luminance information of the scene, making it easier to explore tonal structures and simulate what a black & white photograph will look like. Taking it a step further, the optional dark and neutral toolbar theme ensures that colors from the app doesn't interfere with your composition.
Unprecedented Simulation Flexibility
The Mark II leverages our extensive Viewfinder Camera Database, containing more than 600 still and motion picture cameras, 150 medium/large format backs and countless lenses — incorporating real lens data for ALPA, Hartblei, Leica, Rodenstock, Schneider and Zeiss glass. And you can define your own cameras and lenses when you need something special for the job.
Does What Optical Viewfinders Can't Even Dream Of
Artist's Viewfinder stores location and simulation metadata with the pictures, allowing you to evaluate results of a location scout later on your computer. Or you can send the information off to the rest of the crew or to a rental house, right from the app. It also records a standard GPX format track log, alleviating the need for a separate logging device.
Want to Learn More?
The Viewfinder Handbook explains every single feature of the Mark II. It is an iPad optimized free PDF eBook available at: http://www.artistsviewfinder.com/handbook/
What's New in Version 5.1
• Support for AirDrop/Message/iCloud/Notes sharing and Copy/Print actions as well as 3rd party extensions (such as Box and Dropbox) in the Catalog. An unlimited number of views can be used with AirDrop sharing and with the Export to Photos action. Other sharing services and actions are limited to 20 views at a time on 64-bit devices and 10 views at a time on 32-bit devices.
• Long tap the export icon in the Catalog to select the view component (preview, high resolution JPG or RAW) to be used for sharing and actions. By default sharing and actions will use the preview.
• Added support for 10.5" iPad Pro display size.
• Removed direct Dropbox support in favor of sharing and actions.
Added wide converter profiles:
• ALPA ACAM SWC on iPhone 7
• BlackMagic URSA Mini Pro
• Canon EOS 6D Mark II, 77D, 200D, 800D, M6, Rebel SL2, Rebel T7i
• Fujifilm X100F, X-A10, X-T20
• Leica M10, TL, TL2
• Nikon D7500
• Panasonic DC-GH5, DC-GX850
• Pentax KP
• Sony A9
• Phase One IQ3 100 Achromatic
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 26, 2017
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: DIRE Studio Kft.
- © 2009-2017 DIRE Studio Kft.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.