MarsEdit - the blog editor for WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger and more.
By Red Sweater Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
The #1 Desktop Blog Editor for the Mac!
The best way to write, preview, and publish your blog.
- Works with WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, TypePad, Movable Type and dozens more through standard MetaWeblog and AtomPub interfaces.
- Work offline with local drafts on your Mac, preview the formatting and content of your posts, and publish when you're ready to share with the world.
- Easily browse for a photo from your iPhoto, Aperture, or Lightroom libraries, and embed it for automatic upload with your blog post.
- Avoid common browser-based problems like losing your edits by navigating to another page, poor spelling for lack of a spell checker, etc.
- Perfect for professional bloggers and casual writers who don't want to mess around with clunky web-based interfaces. If you're lucky enough to have a Mac, nothing is more powerful or more elegant than MarsEdit.
- Write in Rich Text "WYSIWYG" that will be converted automatically to HTML when you publish, or hand-tune the HTML in a syntax-highlighted code editor. Markdown fan? Write in Markdown in the HTML editor and see a live-preview of the HTML rendering in the preview window.
- Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 and all major releases up to and including 10.10 "Yosemite".
Coming to the Mac from Windows? MarsEdit is similar to Live Writer, the popular Windows blog editor, but differs in some ways. Ask around and read MarsEdit reviews to decide if MarsEdit is right for you.
What's New in Version 3.7.1
This update includes two bug fixes:
- Fix a crash that could occur while reloading Apple Photos Library
Thank you for staying up to date with the latest bug fixes in MarsEdit. As always, if you enjoy MarsEdit please consider telling a friend and leaving a review here in the store. Your efforts to spread the word mean a lot.
We always welcome your feedback directly as well. Feel free to get in touch through our support site or by email to email@example.com. Thanks for using MarsEdit to blog from your Mac!
I LOVE this app!
I have not regretted buying MarsEdit one bit! This app is worth every penny. It does exactly what it claims to do, and I hear in the podcast (Core Intuition) how much Daniel Jalkut (the developer behind MarsEdit) thinks and talks about it, so I knew ahead of time this was an app that was kept up to date. After all, his show is all about iOS and Mac development.
Everything that’s in your Wordpress admin panel when it comes to writing posts is available in MarsEdit. You can set categories, tags, block quotes - the whole nine yards. My favorite feature, which is the reason I went for it in the first place, is that the “Save” function actually works! It saves to “My” hard drive, then if the connection is lost when publishing (which you can do right from MarsEdit), you haven’t lost anything. I found all this out the hard way working right from WordPress (I lost a couple hours of work). That’s when I decided to buy this app.
Once again, if you have a blog and you are serious about it, do yourself a favor and get this app. It’s the best out there IMHO.
Incredibly simple to start blogging with MarsEdit
I tried to write a “blog” back in 1998. Hand editing HTML was a pain, so I never did it again.
I have often thought of trying again, but never wanted to spend time fighting a blog system rather than writing. However, I have listened to the Core Intuition podcast for a long time, and have grown to respect the developer’s perspective from the show. I figured I would give it another try, so I bought MarsEdit.
It has been wonderfully simple. Upon startup, the app provided a link that helped me create the blog, and then it was super simple to write my first post using the RTF editor. You can edit raw HTML, or markdown, or - as I chose - RTF which is pretty much WYSIWYG.
I love the application. Creating the content, and posting it to the blog, was extremely simple. Furthermore, since it is saved locally, I can edit over a long duration, without being online.
The icing on the cake, however, is the wonderful support provided by Red Sweater. I received an incredibly helpful response the same day I posted my request.
I am very happy with the application, and if I stop blogging this time, it won’t be because of the difficulty of the process because MarsEdit makes the process as simple as typing and then clicking on a button. What could be easier?
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 07, 2015
- Version: 3.7.1
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Red Sweater Software
- © 2015 Red Sweater Software, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later