MathBoard Fractions is a comprehensive fractions app that will help all students master fractions easily. MathBoard Fractions consists of activities that will teach terms, provide interactive examples, quiz knowledge, as well as walk through solutions.
Activities in MathBoard Fractions include -
• Exploring proper and improper fractions
• Learning to match a fraction to a quantity
• Simplifying fractions
• Comparing fractions
• Ordering fractions
• Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
MathBoard Fractions also contains a powerful Problem Solver that will allow a student to walk through the steps needed to determine how to derive answers for -
• Simplifying Fractions
• Determining the Greatest Common Factor (GCF)
• Using the Least Common Multiple to find a Least Common Denominator (LCD)
• Using Prime Factorization to find a Least Common Denominator (LCD)
• Comparing and Ordering fractions
• Adding, Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing fractions
MathBoard Fractions can optionally track and email a students progress for both individual activities as well as overall progress. These results can also be viewed within the Problem Solver. This is especially useful for reviewing incorrect problems.
MathBoard Fractions easily adapts to different levels of learning with its versatile settings to control -
• Maximum Value
• Denominator Range
• Use of Simplified Fractions
• Use of Common Denominators
• The inclusion of Whole Numbers
• Timed and Non-timed activities
• Multiple Choice and Student Supplied answer styles
Additional bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Undo vs Eraser
Why do we have to use a teeny-tiny fake eraser to erase? Why not just hit an "undo" button? An undo button that lets you undo in increments would be great. For example, the Microsoft Word program lets you undo each last step you performed. I would love to see an undo button in this app too. It would make things faster and easier. I mean, isn't math difficult enough? It would be a good excuse for updating the app too. Updates are always a good thing and one button is all I am suggesting. I think that an undo button would make this lovely application more pleasant to use. I know that using an old fashioned eraser is fitting, but I find that the eraser is not effective in that I still see remnants of the chalk after I erase. No offense, but I find that annoying. Thanks for this great app. I would be very grateful for an undo button. It's a great app and I am giving it 5 stars.
Works just like the original Mathboard app. Unfortunately, it's a bit glitchy. While playing the ordering fractions part, a fraction will randomly disappear after being dragged to a box. It doesn't reappear at the top - it's just "gone." Then, it says the problem is not complete and if you submit the answer it counts it wrong. This is a five star app if it can be fixed.
Such a great way to reinforce fraction knowledge in. Students.
- PalaSoftware Inc.
- 18 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- Copyright ©2013-18 palasoftware Inc. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.