Maven Web Browser Plus - The most ergonomics friendly browser
By Gihyun Jung
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Reinvent the Web Browser - Maven Web Browser
Maven is a web browser that supports extended features including save password, dual screen, user agent, Desktop-like track-pad support, bookmark jog-dial, reader, unlimited tabs and much more!!!
- Innovative Bookmark Jog-Dial
- Magical Track-pad
- Save password just like Firefox
- Unlimited tabs
- Screen Brightness Jog-dial
- Private browser by single touch
- Download Manager
- Dual Screen support (iPad only)
- Gesture support
- Passcode Lock
- Facebook,Twitter support
- iCloud bookmark sync
- Bookmark import (Firefox/Safari only)
- Ad Blocker (In App Purchase)
√ All things considered
The motivation of Maven Browser was the inconvenience with multi-touch dedicated interface of existing web browsers. You can do everything without moving up and down the finger busily. Everything is reachable from your two thumbs.
√ Save passwords
Maven Browser is the first web browser supports password saving. Your password will be saved safely in iOS KeyChain. You will be asked to save password when you log in a page with password. You can definitely disable this feature if you don't want.
√ Bookmark Jog-Dial
Now you can easily switch between favorite websites. Just touch and release the jog-dial wherever you want to go.
How do you scroll the lengthy web page? Probably you would swipes the screen from bottom to top which is painful. Now you can use trackball to scroll the page with your thumb. Go and touch the red ball. It will make your life easier.
>>> Double tap and drag will move the track-pad anywhere you want.
√ Download Manager
You can download files from link and images. Download manage also supports preview for downloaded files. You can also transfer downloaded files to your Mac/PC with iTunes. It's that easy!
√ Unlimited tabs
Maven automatically opens a new tab when a link is supposed to be opened in a new tab. User can also open a link in a new tab by hold down a link and select open in a tab menu.
You can swipe with two fingers to switch between tabs. Gestures are fully customizable.
On iPhone, Maven supports two/three fingers Gesture. On iPad, Maven support upto 4 fingers for Gesture.
√ Social share
Maven gets social! Maven now supports Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper and Read it later. It is currently in beta.
Please let us know if there's any problem. We will investigate and resolve it! Social sharing is powered by ShareKit.
√ Passcode Lock
Maven will ask passcode lock when it's enabled. You can also setup to ask only when there exists any private tab.
√ Screen Brightness Jog-Dial
You can make the screen darker than iOS allows.
√ Private browsing
Maven support private web browsing. It will not save any history and page contents while in private mode.
√ Dual screen (iPad version only)
Supports dual screen for both orientation.
Missing Safari's reader feature? Now you can use the Reader in Maven browser! Just press "Reader" button. Reader feature was powered by Readability™.
√ Other great features
- Bookmark add/remove/edit support
- Set a page as a default page
- Support multiple search engines and user-defined engine as well.
- Save images
- Share link
- Share page HTML
- Full screen mode (Not on iPad lite version)
- Page search
- Rotation Lock
- Font size adjust
- Support Bookmarklets
- Safari -> Maven bookmarklet
What's New in Version 4.2
√ Bug fixed
√ Issue with audio player fixed
√ Stops video when close the tab
I have been using this browser for a long time, even when it was under previous ownership. I have been asking for these options, but no luck. Hopefully the developer will consider them.
1. The dual screen mode should be available in portrait mode, but we should have the option to switch the window top to bottom. This way, one window will cover the first top half of the screen and the second window will cover the bottom half of the screen. Currently, it covers left side and the right side in portrait mode.
2 the gesture option should include font increase and font decrease, not just bring the font options to the screen.
3. Concerning the brightness dial. If you force quit the app and then come back, it does not save the previous brightness setting.
Maven is my favorite web browser for the iPad, and I have tried many other browsers.
My favorite features are:
– AdBlocker add-on for 99 cents.
- The trackpad because it is so much easier on my hands, and more accurate also. Plus, you can change the position of the trackpad on the screen.
- Unlimited tabs. It is so nice not to be interrupted because you have to delete before you can continue.
- Reader. Get rid of the clutter so you can read the text more easily.
- Save Password option.
And there are lots of other options for customization. I love Maven browser!
The best browser out there
Dolphin, Chrome, Opera, and Atomic seems like shadows of web browsers compared to Maven+. Maven is much more lightweight than Dolphin or Chrome (so more RAM is available to keep tabs loaded), the File and Download Managers are great, and the smart private tab handling can't be found anywhere else. Inline search and translation support are a bonus too. The best part of Maven is the flexibility. You can hide or show the dials, tab thumbnails, tabs, and menu bar. Overall Maven is fast and flexible; I highly recommend it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 14, 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Portuguese
- Seller: Gihyun Jung
- © CreamyCheesy.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad blocker$0.99