By Haw-Yuan Yang
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Why buy an expensive remote control for your PowerPoint presentation? This simple and instinctive application can turn your iPad into a wireless PowerPoint slide show remote control. It allows you to move the cursor/pen by using the wireless touch pad, add and erase annotations, easily navigate through slides and much more...
1. Wireless touch pad includes all typical touch pad functions plus multi-touch support. You can use two finger tap on the screen to perform right click and two finger slide on the screen to perform vertical scrolling.
2. Built-in remote file browser and launcher allows you to launch the PowerPoint presentation remotely.
3. Supports most of PowerPoint slide show shortcut keys.
4. Can be used as a wireless touch pad for your PC/Mac.
5. Includes a magnifying glass function in the receiver application. Small objects can now be easily viewed.
6. Add annotations using the pen.
7. Includes a timer to time the presentation.
8. Support Ad Hoc network.
9. Auto search for receiver's IP address.
1. Computer must be running Windows XP/Vista/Win7 or Mac OSX 10.5 Intel.
2. Receiver application must be installed and running on your computer.
3. The iPad and your computer must be on the same local area network.
4. PowerPoint 2003/2007/2010 for Windows or PowerPoint 2008 for Mac OSX.
The receiver application can be downloaded at:
Disappointed - simply a key emulation under a basic GUI
I bought this program to have more control over my PPT presentations. It does allow the basic keys of forward, back, black screen, etc and for that 3 stars. (average)
1. It allows you to open any program within the folders you specify within the remote computer settings without having to be at the keyboard of the host computer (once the folders are defined).
2. You can switch presentations without having to go to the host computer to load another presentation.
3. You have the basic controls to control a powerpoint presentation.
4. Fast response to key touches
1. No preview of the upcoming slide
2. Cannot see current slide on the I/Pad which is very useful when slides "build"
3. No ability to see the notes on the current or next slide
4. No other interface between computer and IOS device
Iclickr for example, shows the slide and notes which is very helpful during a professional presentation. As with any IOS based remote, software has to be loaded on the host computer to allow the program to control the computer.
I am not sold on the program mentioned above either, it just one option that does a little more.
Bottom Line: The program does what it does. The images in the App Store are exactly what you see on your screen. No more, no less. I am still looking for the affordable application with a little more "power."
Office 2011 support needed
This app works as advertised. It is easy to start and use.
We need an update to allow draw and erase to operate on Office 2011 PowerPoint files on OSX (Snow Leopard)
Since the app allows us to view the cued slide, why not display the current slide in the large "touchpad" area?
I originally thought this was only a remote to be used with PowerPoint. It is, and has hot buttons assigned for such a task, but really the main thing it is doing is transforming your iPad into a much larger trackpad. Works great when hooking the Mac up to my tv (too cheap to buy apple tv), this lets me run the whole thing from my couch.
Hooking it up took me some trial and error, the website you download the client from is somewhat simplistic by today's standards (to actually find the client it's in their downloads section in the toolbar and not immediately apparent where it is in the app description on the site).
To hook it up, as it says you need to have both networked, but running from any recent Mac if you aren't in a wifi area you can just create your own network for such a purpose.
In this version I couldn't get the My Documents feature to work - the client kept crashing but I don't know if this is only an issue in macs.
Still gets 4 stars since you are getting way more than just what they are advertising it for.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Business
- Released: Dec 16, 2010
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 0.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Haw-Yuan Yang
- © 2010 mbpowertools
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.