MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner
By Ray Bernardo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you wish meal and grocery planning could be made easier? This app makes it quick and easy!
• Store your recipes
• Create weekly meal plans
• Generate your grocery list
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry!
MealBoard combines recipe management, meal planning, groceries and pantry management into a single app. It is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more with its clean, uncluttered interface. Meal and grocery planning will never be easier. With MealBoard, a few taps is all it takes!
• Input your favorite recipes, or import recipes from top recipe websites
• Create meal plans organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Generate your grocery list based on the meal plan you created
• Scale grocery quantities by specifying the number of servings you need
• Option to show grocery prices, and total price, for budget-conscious users!
• Shopping list functionality lets you check off grocery items as you shop
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Integrated shopping list and pantry operations. Move your out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list, and move them back to the pantry after you shop!
• Assign recipes to multiple categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Attach a note to a meal
• Easily move meals to another day
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Scale recipe ingredients
• Export meal plan to the Calendar app
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• 4 color themes to choose from
• Clean, uncluttered interface
• Free cloud sync feature that lets you backup your data online
• Sync data between multiple devices
• Input your recipes through the web interface (log in at www.mealboard.com)
• Always have your recipes with you
• By planning your meals, no need to ask yourself what's for dinner!
• Save time by generating your groceries
• Save money by cooking at home
• Eat healthy!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
FAQ and help can be found at
What's New in Version 3.3
• You can now import recipes from any recipe website that conforms to a standard recipe specification (hRecipe and Microdata specs).
• Recipe clipping tools for manual copying of recipes from websites.
• While viewing a recipe, you can directly add it to your meal plan.
• User interface improvements (minor layout changes, bigger fonts for improved readability, new date selector, etc).
Worth every penny
This app has helped me become so much more organized about meal planning and grocery shopping. I love that I can download recipes from my favorite websites and sync my grocery list with the ingredients from this week's recipes, and the app includes the ability to omit the ingredients I have in stock with the pantry feature. I've started cooking more and eating better because I already have everything planned for the week instead of eating unhealthy take out food. I can't recommend this enough!
Latest Update Elevates It to 5 Stars
I've been meaning to write a review but was only going to give it 3-4 stars as there were some improvements to be made. The latest update answered all of my wish list improvements for Mealboard. I consider this to be the best app out there for recipe import, meal planning, and shopping list creation. The only thing that would send this to 6 star status would be nutritional analysis and integration with apps such as My Fitness Pal or Lose It.