MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner
By Ray Bernardo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you wish meal and grocery planning could be made easier? This app makes it quick and easy!
• Store your recipes
• Create weekly meal plans
• Generate your grocery list
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry!
MealBoard combines recipe management, meal planning, groceries and pantry management into a single app. It is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more with its clean, uncluttered interface. Meal and grocery planning will never be easier. With MealBoard, a few taps is all it takes!
• Input your favorite recipes, or import recipes from supported recipe websites
• Create meal plans organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Generate your grocery list based on the meal plan you created
• Scale grocery quantities by specifying the number of servings you need
• Input grocery prices and see the total price you're spending
• Shopping list functionality lets you check off grocery items as you shop
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Specify expiration date and inventory location
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Integrated shopping list and pantry operations. Move your out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list, and move them back to the pantry after you shop!
• Assign recipes to multiple categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Attach a note to a meal
• Easily move meals to another day
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Scale recipe ingredients
• Export meal plan to the Calendar app
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• 4 color themes to choose from
• Clean, uncluttered interface
• Free cloud sync feature that lets you backup your data online
• Sync data between multiple devices
• Input your recipes through the web interface (log in at www.mealboard.com)
• Always have your recipes with you
• By planning your meals, no need to ask yourself what's for dinner!
• Save time by generating your groceries
• Save money by cooking at home
• Eat healthy!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
FAQ and help can be found at
DISCLAIMER: This app is preloaded with a few recipes that are for illustrative purposes only. Users are expected to input/import the recipes that they use.
What's New in Version 3.4.2
• Performance improvements and bug fixes.
• Fixed performance issue when you have a large number of recipes in your account.
• Removed unnecessary text from the printed copy of a recipe.
• Specify inventory location and expiration date of pantry items.
• Sort items by inventory location and by expiration date.
• Bookmark recipe sites in the web browser.
• New categories (New Recipes, Expiring, Top Rated, etc).
• Option to specify text size.
• Frequently Asked Questions available in the Settings screen.
• Minor UI changes.
• Bug fixes.
This app is easy to use and let's me keep track of what food I have. I use it in the store to see if I need to restock when there is an unexpected sale. I also love how easy it is to import recipes and even search the web for recipes from within the app. They have categories but you can also make your own categories, so you can see all the recipes in a group together (like grill, slow cooker, Italian, Paleo, etc.).
I also love the UPC scanner, because once you enter something into your pantry, you can just scan additional items if you buy more, without looking it up on the list. It is also amusing what it thinks some of my generic items are, the UPC database must be general because sometimes it thinks my food is a video game or toy. If that happens I just enter in the right name and then the scanner works the next time I scan that item.
Overall I recommend this app, it is great!
My most used app!
I have been using MealBoard for several years now and it is still my most used app on my phone and iPad! It takes a little work to set up but that's okay because then its set up exactly the way I want it to be! It's easy to add recipes, plan my menus and organize my shopping list the way I shop. My husband doesn't mind shipping for me when I email him the list because it tells him what aisles the groceries are on so he doesn't have to wander all over the store looking for stuff! ;) MealBoard saves me so much time and money because I have a menu that me and my family will actually eat.
When I've had questions or problems Ray is very quick to respond and assist me. I love this app, definitely the best recipe/meal planning app there is!
Better than a meal service
I've been very tempted lately to sign up for one of those meal delivery services, but they are beyond my food budget. But I needed something to make meal planning easier and organize my favorite recipes and shopping. Meal board does that.
This program is amazing. I've been importing my favorite recipes (and new ones too) that I had bookmarked in Safari, adding things I keep on hand in the pantry, and planning out meals for the next few weeks.
I love that I can sync to the cloud, so I have the app on my iPad for cooking and meal planning and on my phone for grocery trips. The price was low and I think this will be very helpful once school starts and life gets too busy for me to think about what I want to cook every day.