MealBoard - Meal and Grocery Planner
By Ray Bernardo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Do you wish meal and grocery planning could be made easier? This app makes it quick and easy!
• Store your recipes
• Create weekly meal plans
• Generate your grocery list
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry!
MealBoard combines recipe management, meal planning, groceries and pantry management into a single app. It is fully customizable. You can manage your recipes, ingredients, food categories, meal types, stores, store aisles, grocery items and many more with its clean, uncluttered interface. Meal and grocery planning will never be easier. With MealBoard, a few taps is all it takes!
• Input your favorite recipes, or import recipes from top recipe websites
• Create meal plans organized by day and meal type
• Reuse meal plans by creating templates
• Generate your grocery list based on the meal plan you created
• Scale grocery quantities by specifying the number of servings you need
• Option to show grocery prices, and total price, for budget-conscious users!
• Shopping list functionality lets you check off grocery items as you shop
• Support for multiple grocery stores
• Keep track of what you have in your pantry
• Use the barcode scanner to input items
• Integrated shopping list and pantry operations. Move your out-of-stock items from the pantry to the shopping list, and move them back to the pantry after you shop!
• Assign recipes to multiple categories
• Search recipes by name or ingredient
• Set up recipe prep notifications to remind you of tasks ahead of time
• Attach a note to a meal
• Easily move meals to another day
• Mark meals as leftovers
• Scale recipe ingredients
• Export meal plan to the Calendar app
• Email recipes, meal plan and shopping list
• Import recipes sent by other MealBoard users
• Print your meal plan and shopping list to an AirPrint-compatible printer
• 4 color themes to choose from
• Clean, uncluttered interface
• Free cloud sync feature that lets you backup your data online
• Sync data between multiple devices
• Input your recipes through the web interface (log in at www.mealboard.com)
• Always have your recipes with you
• By planning your meals, no need to ask yourself what's for dinner!
• Save time by generating your groceries
• Save money by cooking at home
• Eat healthy!
To understand how the app works, a detailed screenshot tutorial can be found at
FAQ and help can be found at
What's New in Version 3.2.1
• Fixed performance issue on the shopping list
• Improved recipe importing (more consistent and accurate, and more supported sites)
• Minor UI improvements (iPhone version)
Please allow importing from any website!
I love the concept of this app and want to be able to use it, however currently most of my online recipes (over 50) in my dinner rotation are on Pinterest and linked to various sites and blogs, none of which are in the options of sites this app will import recipes from. I don't have the time to re-type 50 recipes, their ingredients and instructions and take snap shots of them. Because of this lack of ability to import from anywhere I can't use the app. It's unfortunate because this could be my answer to meal planning and shopping. I thought it would be which is why I paid the price for the app; I didn't find out until after purchase that it had limited importing options and nothing was specifically stated in the app description. If I could import all of my recipes regardless of the website they are on I would happily give this app 5 stars. Please, please make it possible to import recipes from anywhere so I can actually use this app that I paid for . . .
I use this app daily! I cook a ton and love having a place to keep all my recipes, plan meals and have the app generate a shopping list for me. I especially love being able to scale a recipe and then have my grocery list based on that. Finally, if I'm looking for a new recipe, I love the ease of being able to search for recipes and download from favorite sites like Epicurious or Food Network. Syncs with my iPad too which is awesome when I have that set up in the kitchen. And has the option for you to add or import recipes online from a very convenient desktop interface!
I love this app!
It has everything I need to store recipes (download instead of time consuming typing), plan meals (click on recipe to add to calendar), inventory my pantry (with QR reader), and make grocery list (directly from calendar choices). I work full time and have two small children. I hate coming home and then trying to figure out dinner. This app is a huge, huge blessing! Thank you so much.