By Juicy Cocktail
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Memories is the easiest to use diary app for OS X.
Write a journal, include images, videos and sound. Keep your diary at one secure place and browse through your precious happenings. Rediscover the greatest moments in your life.
• Embed images, sound & videos inside your entries
• Record images & videos with your iSight camera
• Styles & formatting, like fonts, colors or text alignment
• Current weather gets automatically added to entries*
• Location with gorgeous map view
• Sync your journal over iCloud
• Notification Center for convenient writing reminders
• Spell checker and proof reader
• Just dive in and start writing a journal
• Access every important function with one click
• Overview of all entries with title, date and mood
• Full-screen support for focused writing
• Easily change the date of an entry
• Drag & drop images directly from Safari or the Finder
• Auto-Lock after a configurable amount of time
• True encryption with the industry-proven AES-256 standard
• All entries sync encrypted and unreadable for other people
Compatibility and sharing
• Fast export of one entry or the whole diary
• Export in a variety of formats: Portable Document Format (.pdf), Rich Text Format (.rtf), Rich Text Format With Attachments (.rtfd), Web Page (.html), Web Archive, OpenDocument Text (.odt), Word 2007 format (.docx), Word 2003 format (.xml), Word 97 format (.doc) and plain text (.txt).
• Import just one entry or the contents of a folder
And much more
• Synchronization of preferences over iCloud
• Print one entry or your journal
• Set a default font for new entries
• Search all entries
• Built-in speech & dictation
• Enhanced for OS X Mountain Lion
• Enhanced for the MacBook Pro with Retina display
• Fast and friendly customer support, usually within 48 hours
* Regarding Weather: Yahoo! is shutting down their previously freely available PlaceFinder API which we used to fetch the weather for your location. This means that the service is currently unavailable. We are searching for alternatives, but every other services is paid. In order to cover our costs as a two person family business, we’ll probably charge for the Weather service in the future and at the same time provide a much more reliable solution.
What's New in Version 1.8
• Sync your journal over iCloud.
• Gorgeous new interface.
• Weather & location for new entries. Old entries will automatically update when you select them. There is also a new menu item in case you want to manually update both.
• Take a photo or video with your iSight camera without leaving the app.
• Notification Center support for writing reminders.
• Added auto-lock feature. By default Memories locks itself in 5 minutes after the window was closed.
• Enhanced for Retina displays.
• Preferences for a default font, auto-lock timer, Notification Center and weather.
• Memories now requires OS X 10.7 Lion.
• List view looks much nicer now and adds more information (date, title & mood).
• Change the date of an entry right from the top bar of each entry (or alternatively double-click in the list view or use the Edit menu).
• Memories is much faster now, because it doesn’t load all entries on launch. Instead it loads and decrypts just the selected one.
• Better memory management, support for new technologies.
• Moved date filter calendar out of the way into a popover.
• Added animations at several places for more pizzaz.
• Improved support of embedded sound & videos. The play buttons work now every time you click on them and you don’t have to right-click anymore.
• Every encryption key is now truly random.
• Greatly improved encryption code and security.
• Completely new login view with a hint in case you can’t remember the password anymore.
• Improved auto-saving on every major operation.
• Memories now informs you when no entry is selected instead of being completely blank.
• Error handling in several cases.
• App icon.
• Text no longer disappears when you change the mood without previously saving an entry.
• The insertion cursor should no longer jump every couple of minutes when you write more than a screen full of text.
• Search in the content of all entries.
• Fixed bug where password wasn’t recognized on certain older machines.
• Window should no longer be grey in some rare cases where the app was force quit and the window size preferences got corrupted.
• Entries from which you removed all content get properly saved now instead of reverting to the last non-empty version.
• Empty space between entries on print & export of the whole journal.
EXACTLY what I want and more.
You will not be sorry you purchased this product. It does everything it says it will do and everything I want it to do and more. I am a prolific thinker and not so good with speaking. Memories is my place to work out the things that go through my mind. My friends have told me I should write books, I don’t know about that, but I sure enjoy writing in this program. If my mind isn’t working well one day, I video what I want to say and can go back and write it later or if it is a story I am writing I can add a picture to enhance the story. I LOVE it. I had one problem I spend days on trying to fix before I gave up and asked Memories what was happening. They got back to me right away and in moments the problem was resolved. All I had needed to do was drag the left margin toward the center of the window to reveal my previous days of work. Thank you Memories! You’ve made my “memories” a easily kept treasure!
This was the third journal app I purchased today and the third one that failed to do what I wanted it to do. Despite what it says about it now being "faster" it is extremely slow for me. Every tiny little thing I try to do I just end up watching the rainbow circle spin and spin forever. I tried to add an entry and after a minute of waiting I had to force the app to close. Every entry I create is assigned a location in Lexington, KY even though that is NOT where I am. I cannot find any way at all to correct or manually enter the location. The weather feature does not work either, as they state in their description, so I don't know why we can't simply enter it manually like we do with the smiley faces. The Help files seem to be non existent and the support files online contain no tutorials on how to do anything. Of the three apps I purchased today, this one seemed to be the closest to doing what I wanted, but it is so excruciatingly slow and glitchy I've spent much more time waiting for commands to be carried out than I have actually getting stuff done in this app.
I have been journalling since I was in grade school. I used to write when stressed, frustrated, or confused about my life. As technology got better I wanted to find a way to write my thoughts and take them with me where ever I go. This has been a great way to do that. I have only been using this application for about a week, but I have been adding in journals that I have hand written over the past couple of days.
The user interface is really nice, very simple. The only thing that I do not like is that the text allignment tools are not available on the toolbar. You have to use shortcuts (which are different then the typical shortcuts) to center, bold, and align your text. I also do not like that I cannot change the background of my journal, or have multiple journals (seems like a simple thing to add). However the video and picture adding is really nice (again, very simple). And it allow you to search your entries.
Overall pretty satisfied, however there could be improvements made.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Nov 09, 2012
- Version: 1.8
- Size: 12.9 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Rafael Bugajewski
- © 2012 Juicy Cocktail
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.4 or later, 64-bit processor