"...a true notepad experience that may help you make a clean break from the pencil-and-paper era." -New York Times.
=== Users describe Mental Note as "the only notepad app... that's actually better than, and as simple as, a pen and paper." It's "the future of note taking", and "a big sketchpad... [to] free associate and put stuff down in any format".
Turn your iPhone or iPod touch into a digital notepad. Combine photographs, voice recordings, drawings and text - all on the same page, in any order you choose.
An idea... a flash - a moment of genius. When a thought hits, and you have to remember it, why limit how you record it? The more context and sensory details you can capture, the clearer the idea can be put down. Use photographs, audio, sketching and text together on the same page... a digital page that can be shared with anyone.
Mental Note allows you to capture ideas as they happen: use photographs, dictate, add text, sketch on anything. Ideas clarified. Creativity captured.
- Draw with your finger using multiple colours and widths on top of photographs, text, or anywhere else on the page. Zoom in to sketch fine details.
- Take a photo or choose one from your album and add it to the page.
- Add audio to the page by recording with the built-in microphone (iPhone) or an external microphone (iPod touch). Continue to edit your note while recording.
- Organize your notes using tags.
- Password protect your private notes and flag your important ones.
- Attach Calendar events to your notes.
- Undo, redo anything in the note by shaking the device.
- Delete note sections using the toolbar button or by swiping any note section.
- Move a note section by swiping and then dragging it to its new location.
- Length of a note is limited only by device memory.
- Export in a variety of formats including PDF, text, Mental Note format, and more. Send using email, iCloud, Dropbox, and more.
* Send a note in Mental Note format so the note may be imported into another person's Mental Note app.
* Using email, export a complete note directly from Mental Note as either a PDF document or a picture (each audio recording is attached to the email as a separate file; use QuickTime or another modern media player to play the attached audio). You can also email just the text from your note.
- Export your notes and backups to your iCloud and/or Dropbox account.
- Share a note with your friends using Twitter.
- Map the location a note was created at (if location services are enabled).
- Change the size and font of the text in your notes.
- Change the color and background of your notes.
- Numerous other configuration options.
- Supports all orientations.
THIS VERSION IS OPTIMIZED FOR iPhone & iPod touch. FOR iPad, PLEASE SEE Mental Note for iPad.
Read more: www.zymbiotic.com
Improved exported PDF file size.
Straight line sketching (optional).
Ratings and Reviews
This is my favorite note app with the exception of one thing: we need a popup to enter the note title. What I mean is, instead of having to have the title of the note in the very top of the note, how about we get a popup when creating a new note to input the title, and an option to edit the note title in the popup via an edit button. It just seems disorganized to have the title of the note the way it is now. I hope what I'm explaining is easy to understand as I'd really like this feature added sometime in the near future.
I'd also like the ability to sync notes online, like Evernote has (I don't use Evernote anymore because this app is a lot nicer looking and more user friendly). Being able to send a note to Dropbox is a good start, but online syncing would put this app on par with the more popular note apps.
Best app for jotting down notes
This is the best app by far I have found for jotting down notes on my iPhone and iPad. You can toggle between using your finger/pogo stylus and typing in text, use different color inks, email the note to yourself, type text and then use the pen for figures/diagrams. It is very flexible. What would make it a gonzo-whopping-5-star app is handwriting recognition. If you could select say a 'graffiti' icon and then use a version of the old Palm graffiti to have it convert handwritten letters into text, then this will be the greatest productivity app for my iPhone and iPad by far. Also, if it could take advantage of the wider writing space offered when the device is in portrait mode, that would help a lot.
Great 'natural' note taking app
This is about the only note taking app in the app store that I have found where text, photos, and sketches can be included inline in the same note without attachments or different note types making it really quick and easy to use.
The latest update appears to fix the drawing speed issue so with all the other iOS4 updates recently it really works great now and is very fast!
I would give it 5 stars if they implemented some way of syncing/backing up automatically over WiFi and 3G using some service like Dropbox or Google Docs. Even better if it was a 2 way sync and used an editable format such as RTF.
- Zymbiotic Technologies
- 15.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Zymbiotic Technologies Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Paper Customization feature $0.99
- Straight Line Drawing feature $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.