By Boreal Interactive
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
MenuBells is a free application that installs a bell tower into your Mac
For the country bell towers nostalgia, or just to get a cool chime effect ringing hours like a real one
● Doesn't disturb your working station : MenuBells loads as a tiny menu icon, that's all
● Choose the bell chime
● Change the ring volume independently from the computer's
● Mute the bells if needed
● Enable all day or restrict ring hours
● Possible to ring half-hours
● Scheduled mode for custom hours-minutes rings
● Auto load at startup option
● Icon look changes depending on the app status (Normal / Muted)
Take a look at MobileBells for your iPhone !
What's New in Version 2.3
New icon according to the mobile version : MobileBells
WARNING!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY….. WARNING!
Cannot update… it will not close to do update. BIGGER WARNING!!!!…. It Won’t delete!!!!!!! I thought it was deleted. I have tried and tried to delete it time and time again….. but it keeps coming back! I am going to have to erase and reinstall my OS if Apple Care can’t help me get rid of this that is in my opinion…. a bug/bacteria/virus. IT WILL NOT GO AWAY!!! IT WON’T DELETE!!!!!
This Needs a LOT of Work.
Where to start.
First, the chimes aren't very good. They're tinny, slightly distorted, and the decay is unaturally clipped. Depending on your expectations, they may be tolerable but they are *not* beautiful.
Second, if you're expecting Westminster Chimes, this app doesn't deliver. And you only have the choice of hourly or on the half hour.
Third, overall the controls are somewhat crude with no real granularity.
On the Plus side, it's free, so it doesn't cost anything but time, and if it you may like it.