MeshLab for iOS
By Visual Computing Lab - ISTI - CNR
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MeshLab for iOs is an advanced 3D model viewer. MeshLab for iOs has been designed to be able to display complex 3D models in a simple and intuitive way, allowing the accurate inspection of a 3D model through a precise yet straightforward navigation.
MeshLab for iOS can:
* Read models from a variety of standard 3D formats (PLY, STL, OFF, OBJ, CTM, ZIP)
* Open model directly from web pages, email attachments, DropBox or through classical iTunes file sharing
* Navigate the model in a very intuitive way.
* Efficiently show highly complex models up to 2,000,000 of triangular faces.
MeshLab for iOS is particularly well suited for the visualization and inspection of complex 3D scanned models. It is tailored to efficiently show complex with the typical high complexity (in terms of triangle number) resulting from the scanning of Cultural Heritage objects.
What's New in Version 1.1
- Textures support!!!
- Zip file support (recommended for textured meshes)
- OpenCTM file support (compact model format)
- Rendering engine optimizations
- Support for iOS 6
- Support for retina iPad and iPhone 5
- Stability improvements and bug fixes
A superior product that works as advertised and beyond initial expectations.
Stanford's PLY format presents faithfully and iTunes File Sharing utility provides essential security for both device and file management. Responsiveness was beyond initial expectations for some particularly complex models. The intuitive gestures are well thought out. I would like to see an hybrid interface that allowed present interactive manipulation as well as mini-animation sequences. I agree with others' suggestions to preserve visual modes between sessions for view, scale, and lighting. The product fills an immediate need with the aesthetic efficiency Apple has always demonstrated. Well done.
stupid and pointless
When you open the game, there are a few models to choose from. It wouldn't let me change or edit them in any way besides changing the light effect. There wasn't a color button a shape button, nothing! So I tried deleting all the models to see if i would then be able to create a new one. Nope. I couldn't even do anything because I didn't have any models to edit. There wasn't a plus button to make a new model. so that basically made the app useless! Look, I'm not an app inventor. And I'm sure it's harder than it may seem. But seriously! You can do better than this!
Very reliable app, but could use an update
This works very consistently, and I use it often to review my own 3D models before uploading them to shapeways. The graphics would look quite a deal better if they were upgraded to iOS 9, however...
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 21, 2013
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 5.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Visual Computing Lab - ISTI - CNR
- © 2011-2013 Visual Computing Lab - ISTI - CNR
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.