By Facebook, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
What's New in Version 144.0
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. Thanks for using Messenger!
Please fix calling in Messenger
Hey guys and girls I use Messenger a lot to talk to a lot of people. Whenever someone calls me on messenger I get notification and I have to swipe to get into the call. I don’t get a ringtone anymore because of the update. But before this update happened whenever you receive a call it would do the ringtone and then you tap decline or accept and you get into the call. I liked it when you had to click accept or decline to get into the call not swiping because their isn’t no ringtone and you only get a notification. Some people have the same problem where someone calls their phone/iPod and it doesn’t ring at all. Please fix this problem I don’t know about you guys but it’s a problem.
Come on now.
You keep updating this app without ever fixing anything. Useless updates almost every week. Bugs go unfixed every time you send out an update. Something’s wrong with the keyboard. It wont pop up when i touch the text bar, and when it is up, it’ll go down and wont come back up until i close the app and open it again. It’s annoying. I’ve been dealing with this problem for about 7 updates now. This is stupid. Also, add some more ringtones. The same ole ringtone gets old after a while. Let us have the option to change it.
Next time you send out an update, be sure to actually make changes, because all this app is doing, is taking up more space with each “update”.
I hate having this.
I hate that in order to use messenger on Facebook on my phone or other mobile devices I’m required to have a second app that just wastes my storage space. I also hate that it gives me a badge notification for suggesting that I turn on the other notifications on my device and to allow it more access. I hate most of all that there is no direct contact to Facebook support and you have to navigate through the confusing and convoluted “help” community when you have an issue. The fact that I had to google feedback just to find the feedback page is ridiculous. Facebook no longer cares about anything other than people paying to use their site.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 20, 2017
- Version: 144.0
- Size: 242 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Facebook, Inc.
- © Facebook, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.