* SEND A MESSAGE -Skip exchanging phone numbers, just send a message. It's seamless across devices.
* SHOW YOUR REACTION - Add a silly sticker, send a dancing GIF and use emojis to express yourself better.
* SHARE PHOTOS AND VIDEOS - Capture the moment with the Messenger Camera, add a filter or doodle, then send to friends or share to Stories.
* RALLY THE GROUP - Make plans to get together with polls, share your location, split the bill and more.
* HOP ON A CALL OR VIDEO CHAT - Hang out anywhere, anytime by getting on call or a group video** chat — filters optional :) **Calls are free over Wi-Fi but otherwise standard data charges apply.
* SEND A VOICE MESSAGE - When text just won't cut it, just hit record and send say, sing or shout it out loud.
* SEND MONEY SECURELY AND EASILY (within US, UK and France only) - Send and receive money from friends in the app by adding your debit card or PayPal* account. *PayPal available in the US only.
* SHARE YOUR LOCATION - Suggest a meeting spot or tell friends where you are by sharing your location with just a few taps.
* CHAT WITH BUSINESSES - Easily connect with your favorite businesses to make reservations, get customer support, find deals and more.
* PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS - Challenge friends, climb leaderboards, and discover your next gaming obsession.
The brand new, redesigned Messenger app is now easier to use, simpler to navigate and more fun.
Messenger has been simplified into three tabs—People, Chat and Explore.
-Chat tab lets you quickly access all your messages (1:1 and groups), video chat, call, use the camera and even catch up on friends' Stories.
-People tab helps you find friends, both new and old.
-Explore tab connects you to your favorite brands, find discounts, play games and more in explore.
Plus, new color gradients make your chat more colorful too!
Ratings and Reviews
Dunebuggy goes Vroom vroom
Well no disrespect intended but for the young lady or young man who wrote about messages not deleting, even if they did delete it doesn’t keep the other person from getting it. Once sent it’s out and gone no chance to get it back once it says sent. Like a lightning bolt it’s out and on the way. When you delete it your just deleting YOUR copy of the message. What they should do is have a delay from the time you hit send to when it actually goes out. However if there is an emergency you would need a way to disable that delay. This in turn opens a host of other doors and problems which in their turn would have to be patched and the logistics of it are mind boggling at this juncture. Lol. I feel you tho whoever you are. I accidentally sent my wife a copy of the intimate video we made a few days earlier. Unfortunately I was replying to a message she sent me as a group message. I yelled , I cursed I took battery out of phone then broke phone completely in half to try to halt it but to no avail. My poor poor mother won’t even look at me in the eye and everyone involved walks by making vroom vroom sounds ........bc My wife calls my Johnson........(throat clearing sound) (wait for it) ......her dune buggy bc it goes vroom. Let us close the curtain on this sad sad visual.
Best messaging app
This is the best and easiest way I can message anyone! I can message, call, FaceTime, see when people are active, etc.! I’ve never had any problems whatsoever. I was just curious about one thing. Sometimes, I’ll be sending a message to someone, even though they’re not active. Here’s what I’m curious about. There’s that little green circle, showing that someone’s active or was active a certain amount of time ago. All the time...when someone was active a certain amount of time ago, it won’t show it until later. For example...I’ve messaged someone around 12:30 P.M. one time. It didn’t have the green circle, saying they were active or active a certain amount of time ago. Then, 20 minutes later (12:50), a green circle popped up on them, saying they were active 50 minutes ago (12:00, which is 30 minutes before I sent them a message). Also, another thing I’m curious about is still with the green light. It won’t show that they’re active when they actually are active. I was just was curious about that. I’m not complaining about this, at least I’m not trying to. I apologize if I am. But, I was curious about it. It’s been happening for a few years. This app definitely deserves 5 stars and above.
Stop with the notification setting
Look, the app does what it’s supposed to do. It’s a platform for contacting my FB friends and it does that just fine. Hence the two stars. However, with every single other app I own, you can opt out of notifications just once and never get asked again. I don’t like unnecessary notifications clogging up my phone all day long. I don’t want messenger notifications. EVERY TIME I log into the app, a pop up reminder comes up reminding me that my notifications are off and prompting me to turn them on. Even when I dismiss this alert, there’s a notification (little red circle with a number one in it) next to my photo on the app that is also a reminder to turn on my notifications. The red circle never goes away. And now just this week I’ve started getting an alert in red at the top of my messenger inbox letting me know that my notifications are not on. I find all of this very annoying and over the top. This issue in and of itself makes me want to delete the app. If I don’t want notifications then leave me alone! Why is it so important to this app that it’s forcing me to get notifications? Someone turn this off for goodness sakes.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 228.3 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.