Met Opera on Demand
By The Metropolitan Opera
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enjoy instant and unlimited access to hundreds of extraordinary Met performances with the Met Opera on Demand iPad App!
The Met’s subscription streaming service is now available on the iPad. Met Opera on Demand subscribers can use this iPad app to experience:
• Dozens of productions from the Met’s award-winning "Live in HD" series of movie-theater transmissions, featuring opera superstars Natalie Dessay, Plácido Domingo, Renée Fleming, Juan Diego Flórez, Elīna Garanča, Anna Netrebko, Deborah Voigt, and many more
• Classic Met telecasts from 1977-2001 including "Aida" starring Leontyne Price, "La Bohème" starring Luciano Pavarotti and Renata Scotto, Jon Vickers as Otello, and more
• More than 300 radio broadcast performances dating back to 1936, representing nearly all of the most popular operas ever composed and many of the greatest singers in the Met’s history including Björling, Callas, Corelli, Horne, Nilsson, Sutherland, Tebaldi, Te Kanawa, and Tucker
All Met Opera on Demand videos include English subtitles, and many recent performances also include subtitles in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. New operas are added every month, and the App provides an easy way to bookmark your Favorites and return to them anytime.
(The Met Opera on Demand iPad App requires an internet connection and content availability is subject to change.)
What's New in Version 1.1.3
Bug fixes for missing subtitles and track timer functionality.
Not Ready for Prime Time
User interface far better than the horrible web site for PC. However,as noted by others,streaming fails frequently (though at least the sound continues to play); when plugging into a TV for a big display using the Lightning to HDMI adapter the iPad display is mirrored to a tiny portion of the screen area. Please don't fix,rather take Met on Demand back to the drawing board!
I've been using the desktop version and I love this service. I've tried it in the iPad a couple times and it seemed ok. Today I had to update the IPad software to enable TV viewing and the sound in the met app stopped working. Audio in every other app and the browser work fine. Fix this PLEASE!
Great app!! Although, when the subtitles are on for AirPlay, they appear on the iPad and not the tv screen.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jul 15, 2013
- Version: 1.1.3
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metropolitan Opera Association, Inc.
- © 2013 The Metropolitan Opera
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.