Met Opera on Demand
By Metropolitan Opera Association, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Met Opera on Demand delivers instant and unlimited streaming of more than 550 full-length Metropolitan Opera performances on your iPad—and now on your HDTV or connected sound system as well via Apple TV with AirPlay.
The Met Opera on Demand iPad app is free to download. Explore the app and the catalog, and enjoy a sampling of free preview content. Met Opera on Demand subscribers can sign in anytime for complete and unlimited access to everything available.
Highlights of this unparalleled collection of opera performances include:
• More than 90 presentations from the Met’s award-winning "Live in HD" series of global movie-theater transmissions, featuring opera superstars Roberto Alagna, Natalie Dessay, Joyce DiDonato, Plácido Domingo, Renée Fleming, Juan Diego Flórez, Elīna Garanča, Jonas Kaufmann, Anna Netrebko, Deborah Voigt, and many more
• Classic Met telecasts dating from 1977, including "Aida" starring Leontyne Price, "La Bohème" starring Luciano Pavarotti and Renata Scotto, Jon Vickers as Otello, and more
• More than 400 radio broadcast performances dating back to 1935, representing nearly all of the most popular operas ever composed and many of the greatest singers in Met history including Björling, Callas, Corelli, Horne, Nilsson, Sutherland, Tebaldi, Te Kanawa, and Tucker
All Met Opera on Demand videos include English subtitles, and many recent HD performances also include subtitles in French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swedish, as well as English Closed Captions (CC.) Subscribers can use AirPlay to watch all videos with the full offering of multi-language subtitles on their TV via Apple TV. New operas are added every month. The app also offers a “Continue Watching and Listening” feature that allows you to stop at any time and resume right where you left off whenever you’re ready. You can bookmark your favorite performances for easy access at any time as well.
(The Met Opera on Demand iPad App requires a Wi-Fi internet connection to stream videos and content availability is subject to change.)
What's New in Version 2.0.1
- Addition of English Closed Captions to recent videos
- Bug fixes
astonishingly poor sound quality
I subscribed, and then was astonished by the terrible sound quality. Shrill noise artifacts accompany and distort every note sung by a soprano. In some paces, it sounds almost like sound effects from an old sci-fi movie. (This applies to both the Roku and iPad versions, using both headphones and speakers.)
The terrible sound quality defeats the enterprise. Audible digital distortion interrupts the quiet moments and makes the loud ones unbearable. What a disappointment.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 15, 2016
- Version: 2.0.1
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Metropolitan Opera Association, Inc.
- © 2016 The Metropolitan Opera
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.