micro - electromagnetic field (EMF) modelling and calculation
By Madhouse Development
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The 'micro' EMF calculator allows you to construct a two dimensional model of a set of power lines and calculate the magnetic field produced by these lines at various lateral distances away.
You can calculate the electromagnetic field generated by up to 2 symmetrically or asymmetrically loaded 3-phase electrical power lines and cables (circuits). This can be expanded up to 30 3-phase circuits in a single model via an in-app purchase.
After an in-app purchase you can also calculate the induced current in nearby passive wires earthed at both ends (earth wires).
-- Define --
* Describe the geometry of the three phase circuits and earth wires, above or below ground.
* For each circuit, describe the electrical loading using active and reactive powers (or phase currents) and line voltage.
* Include a neutral wire or earth return in a circuit, with residual current automatically calculated.
* See a vector diagram showing magnitude and direction of each phase current.
* For each earth wire, describe the Geometric Mean Radius and DC resistance.
-- Calculate --
* Calculate the resultant field (in mG or µT, configurable via iOS settings) using a power supply frequency of 50 Hz.
* See a zoomable visual representation of the wire geometry.
* See a graph of the EMF (RMS) levels across your specified measurement band.
-- Manage and share --
* Email a model and its results (including as an attachment in csv format).
* Sync your models across all your iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) using iCloud.
What's New in Version 1.1
Minor fixes and enhancements.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 26, 2016
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 16.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andrew Bingham
- © Madhouse Development
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.