Microsoft Pix named one of the 50 Best Apps of the Year – Time Magazine
“Microsoft might have just made the best and easiest camera app for the iPhone and iPad.” – Napier Lopez, The Next Web
“I found that Microsoft Pix produces photos that are plain old better in some cases…” – Jordan Novet, VentureBeat
Take better photos without extra effort! Microsoft Pix has serious intelligence behind the lens, so it is a bit like having a pro photographer inside your camera – tweaking settings, selecting the best shots, and enhancing them on the fly – to help people and scenes look their best. It’s designed to help take the guesswork out of getting great photos, so now you can just enjoy the moment, instead of struggling to capture it! Microsoft Pix: Point. Shoot. Perfect.
Top 10 Features
• NEW PIX STYLES! Completely transform your photos with artistic styles and watch as your artwork gets created
• Smart settings – Automatically checks scene and lighting between each shutter tap, and updates settings between each shot.
• Face recognition – People are the most important photo subjects, so when it detects a face in the shot, it automatically optimizes settings to help people look their best.
• Moment capture - Captures a burst of frames every time you tap the shutter button, including frames before and after your tap, so you won’t miss the right moment.
• Best Image(s) - Automatically selects up to 3 of the best and most unique shots from the burst, and immediately deletes the rest, so you don’t waste your phone’s storage or your time comparing and storing similar frames.
• Image quality – Uses discarded burst frames to enhance each Best Image, improving exposure and color, and reducing noise and blur.
• Live Image – Automatically creates a short, looping video, by stitching together the frames from the burst into a Live Image, but ONLY when it senses motion in your shot, so it won’t waste a ton of your phone’s memory.
• Hyperlapse – Videos shot with Microsoft Pix are automatically stabilized for smoother playback, and can be time lapsed and saved at many different speeds.
• Auto-sync - Seamlessly syncs to your camera roll, so you don't have to individually import or save your photos and videos to your camera roll.
• Widgets and 3D Touch – Where available, 3D touch and Today and Lock screen widgets are enabled, so you can jump directly into photo capture, selfie capture, video capture or gallery.
Thank you for using Microsoft Pix.
We regularly release updates to the app, which include great new features, as well as improvements for speed and reliability.
Did you know that with the Photosynth feature, you can use Microsoft Pix to take incredible panoramic photos?
Ratings and Reviews
AI camera quickly calculates the ideal settings for any image in any light.
I use this app often for taking clear pictures of my inventory for my online shop. It’s very helpful and gets the job done. However, it does consume battery life very quick. I find myself having to use it with a fully charged phone or having to take breaks in between to let it charge.
Also with this recent update, the app tends to freeze after taking a single picture, to where I can capture the subject on my screen but cannot take a picture since the button is greyed out. I have to close the app and restart after each photo is taken. Other than these issues, I will continue to use this app for all my photography needs.
Edit: Unfortunately, I can’t access my camera roll through this app after this update, as well as none of the pictures I’ve taken have saved at all. Unusable at the moment, I hope this is fixed soon.
So sorry to hear about these challenges you're facing with the app. Can you please contact me via the "Feedback" section in the app's menu? (or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org) This allows me to file a report with our developer team and will provide us with all the information we need to determine a fix. Thanks, -Jeff
Photosynth has a lot of potential I don’t know why they put it into this app I guess they were trying to create a package appeal for people. What Microsoft really needs to do is create Photosynth along with the features offered in the light room camera. Light room has some of the best HDR function I’ve ever used in a cell phonecamera. Photosynth needs more professional settings for dialing in exposure. For instance if they would let you paint around the scene and measure the light before doing an exposure it could compensate for dynamic range differences. Right now it’s a bit too primitive to get very good results. I’ve always been a big fan of Photosynth though.
Thank you for the ★★★★ rating and your comments. We are always working to improve the functionality of Microsoft Pix and Photosynth is a very popular feature. *** Please check here for the latest news, updates, and tutorials: https://mspix.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- Microsoft Corporation
- 175.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.