MIDI Sketch – Create Musical Ideas
By Nikolozi Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MIDI Sketch turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a music sketchpad. Quickly and easily compose melodies, chord progressions and even drum patterns. It works with your favourite synths and music apps that support MIDI input. Once you are done, export the MIDI clip to other apps.
• Three simple note editing modes: pencil, edit and velocity.
• Add and remove notes with taps.
• Precisely edit a note's position and length on the timeline by zooming in to its exact location.
• Select and edit multiple notes at the same time.
• Cut, Copy, Paste, Select All and Delete supported.
• Velocity Mode: Select notes and drag your finger vertically to adjust their velocities.
• Transpose entire clip by +/-24 semitones.
• Undo/Redo edits.
• Adjust grid’s vertical and horizontal zooms independently.
• Import MIDI files from the other apps via Open in... *
• MIDI clips sync via iCloud.
• Export the MIDI files to other apps such as Dropbox, AudioShare, Cubasis and Mail.
• Change which app MIDI Sketch controls by selecting a MIDI Output.
• Background Audio Mode: MIDI clip continues looping in the background while you tweak synth's parameters.
• Adjustable Tempo and MIDI Clip length.
Note that the app itself does not produce any sound. It sends MIDI note messages to Core MIDI compatible apps.
* If a MIDI file consists of multiple tracks they will be imported as separate clips. At the moment maximum imported MIDI clip length is 32 bars.
If you experience any bugs, have feature suggestions or for any other support query don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
- The app has been renamed to MIDI Sketch and has a new app icon
- Added support for iPhone with screen sizes of 4.7" and 5.5"
- Added iPad Pro support
- Home screen actions via 3D Touch: Create a new clip or open a recent one
- Various bug fixes
Good, but missing key features
Does what it was designed for, which is very nice, but it's missing a record function for inputting midi notes via midi controller - inputting notes one by one is not good workflow.
Also, quantize for recorded notes with adjustable quantize percentage, and a metronome for recording notes would be necessary.
The app is not really worth $10 without these features, but it would be a five-star app if it had these things.
If you're looking for an app to make/listen to your Midi's, DO NOT GET THIS. However, IF you are deaf and want to CHANGE your downloaded Midi's THEN and ONLY THEN is this app of any worth. 1/10 would not buy or use again.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 16, 2016
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 3.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Nikolozi Pty Ltd
- © 2016 Nikolozi Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.