MileBug - Mileage Log & Expense Tracker for Tax Deduction
By Izatt International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your trips, increase your 2016 deduction!
MileBug is the reliable GPS mile tracker that makes it easy to track your trips and related expenses so you get the tax deduction you deserve.
• “5 Apps Your Accountant is Begging You to Have in 2015″ - Smart Hustle Magazine
• Hit #1 in Finance (U.S. - January 2016)
• Businessweek lists MileBug as 1 of 4 Tax Record Services (April 2013)
• "Milebug saves you time and money; and is a MUST have for any business owner." -- iReviewiPhoneApps
• Easily export drive reports to excel or spreadsheets using CSV forms
• Easily email your drive reports
• Milebug CLOUD keeps all of your drive data safe even if your phone is lost (in-app purchase)
• iTunes File Sharing - Save a drive data file to your computer. You can restore it to the same or new device even if your phone is lost or damaged.
• Over 280k downloads of MileBug & MileBug Lite and over 6 years of reliable service.
• Get $5.40 in deductions for every 10 business miles tracked in 2016.
• Save on battery life over other mile trackers that are constantly running
• No expensive monthly tracking fee
• Track trip related expenses for even more tax savings
• Full GPS path tracking (w/MAP DISPLAY)
• This GPS mile tracker drops a pin on the map view every 1/10 mile (approx). Edit the trip by dragging pins.
• Create custom categories for drive purposes
DEMO TRAINING VIDEO
FULL FEATURE LIST:
• Track miles/km for MULTIPLE businesses
• Track miles/km for MULTIPLE charities
• Track miles/km for "Medical" or even "Other"
• Create your own expense categories
• Tracks your trips using GPS (full path on map)
• MileBug Cloud data backup and cross-device syncing (In-App Purchase)
• Data backup via iTunes File Sharing
• INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT: km/miles, custom rates, etc.
• Use Frequent Trips to save time
• Setup multiple vehicles...and name them!
• Custom Field per Trip, sortable in reports (e.g. client, project, etc)
• Odometer screen updates when changing vehicles
• Automatically opens to Edit for incomplete trip
• Designed to be IRS compliant
• Setup frequent destinations and purposes for easy use later
• Easily edit/delete/reorder Presets (see blog for more info: milebug.com)
• Email HTML and Excel-friendly (CSV) reports
• Define date range of each report
• See report totals by business and vehicle
• Presets allow for trip recording with simple finger taps
• Clear Trips List when you want a fresh start
• See the deduction amount for each trip
• Incomplete trip badge on home screen icon
• Intuitive native iPhone/iPad interface
• Choose start screen in Settings
• How few miles will it take you to pay for MileBug?
SEE OUR BLOG: www.milebug.com (leave comments!)
"MileBug is a mileage tracker for your iPhone or iPod Touch that makes it super easy to. . .track your mileage. This is great if you need to report your mileage to your boss. . .the [IRS]. . .or for any personal reasons." -- App Store Apps
"Milebug saves you time and money; and is a MUST have for any business owner." -- iReviewiPhoneApps
IRS tax deduction rates are 54 cents/mile for 2016! Take advantage of these rates by keeping track of the miles you drive for your businesses, for charities, or for personal medical reasons. With MileBug, it’s never been easier to make a trip log!
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
Cellular data plan or WiFi required for proper use of GPS
What's New in Version 3.2.1
1) New Report Delivery Options - AirDrop, Google Drive, Evernote
2) Improved cloud stability
3) Bug fixes
Great App, just one suggestion
I use this app every day to track my miles for work, medical appointments and my volunteer work. This app easily tracks each one separately, adds up the totals and with just a couple of clicks, sends the report at the end of the month to our finance guy.
The suggestion I have is to put the button to turn on the GPS tracking function at the top instead of at the bottom because I am easily distracted and still sometimes forget to click 'start tracking' after I have filled in the details of the trip so I get to my destination and find I have no mileage recorded. Thankfully I can go back and figure the mileage by some other means and add it manually, but that's a hassle. It would be much better to have the start tracking button at the top. I can more easily fill in other details later if I am in a rush but I can't go back & get the mileage if I forget to turn on the tracker since it is 'below' the bottom of my screen and out of sight.
Very useful for the price
Nothing's perfect, but this little app comes close. Quick and easy to set up and use, and simple to download data and backups. I used to use TripCaddy but that has been overhauled into an entirely new app that some report won't accept old data, so I moved to this one. No regrets!
Only ding is I'd like to see an auto-backup instead of manual, to help when I forget and to stop the periodic helpful but annoying reminders. It would also be nice to remove or resort the main destination/purpose etc bars - I don't use all of them, and would love to eliminate the ones I don't need. A search option to find older trips would be incredibly helpful, rather than having to save every single one under favorites in case I need it next year. I am happy to see some of the features previous reviewers have requested have been implemented - rare to see such a responsive company!
Absolutely the best I've found!
I had purchased two different mileage tracking apps. One commonly missed trips and the other would randomly crash loosing my trips information. MileBug has been 100% rock solid. No crashes, no missed trips.
My employer requires odometer readings for each trip. I am surprised how few mileage tracking apps don't have a way to input odometer numbers. Not only does MileBug have odometer input, but all the fields are editable. AND you can review and edit any past trips. I can't believe I had been using an app that did not have the ability to look at prior trips.
MileBug also auto inputs my starting odometer and location from the last trips ending place.
MileBug has been a great app for me. 😄
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Feb 10, 2016
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Jason Izatt
- © 2008-2016 Izatt International
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- MileBug Cloud Storage$1.99