MileBug - Mileage Log & Expense Tracker for Tax Deduction
By Izatt International
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Track your trips, get your deduction!
MileBug is a GPS mile tracker that makes it easy to track your trips and related expenses so you get the tax deduction you deserve! Now introducing MileBug CLOUD -- Data backup and cross-device syncing!
*** #1 Finance App in U.S. (Jan 2014) ***
*** Businessweek lists MileBug as 1 of 4 Tax Record Services (April 2013) ***
*** AppCrawl Names MileBug #1 Top Mileage Tracker App (June 2013) ***
*** Full GPS path tracking (w/MAP DISPLAY) ***
*** Includes both HTML and CSV reports! ***
*** MileBug hits 280,000 downloads! ***
Between the lite and full versions, MileBug has been downloaded over 280K times! Thank you all!! ***
For all lovers of larger tax returns, MileBug is a beautiful app that makes it easy to track your tax-deductible mileage on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad! A great mileage tracker!
This GPS mile tracker drops a pin on the map view every 1/10 mile (approx). Edit the trip by dragging pins.
1) MileBug CLOUD - Data backup and cross-device syncing (in-app purchase)
2) iTunes File Sharing - Save a data file to your computer. You can restore it to the same or new device.
When a report is emailed, a local copy is saved as a backup and available through iTunes File Sharing.
Veteran App: Since August 2008
"MileBug is a mileage tracker for your iPhone or iPod Touch that makes it super easy to. . .track your mileage. This is great if you need to report your mileage to your boss. . .the [IRS]. . .or for any personal reasons." -- App Store Apps
"Milebug saves you time and money; and is a MUST have for any business owner." -- iReviewiPhoneApps
IRS tax deduction rates are 56 cents/mile for 2014! Take advantage of these rates by keeping track of the miles you drive for your businesses, for charities, or for personal medical reasons. With MileBug, it’s never been easier to make a trip log!
• Track miles/km for MULTIPLE businesses!
• Track miles/km for MULTIPLE charities!
• Track miles/km for "Medical" or even "Other"!
• Tracks your trips using GPS (full path on map)
• MileBug Cloud data backup and cross-device syncing (In-App Purchase)
• Data backup via iTunes File Sharing
• INTERNATIONAL SUPPORT: km/miles, custom rates, etc.
• Track expenses - create your own categories
• Use Frequent Trips to save time
• Setup multiple vehicles...and name them!
• Custom Field per Trip, sortable in reports (e.g. client, project, etc)
• Odometer screen updates when changing vehicles
• Automatically opens to Edit for incomplete trip
• Designed to be IRS compliant
• Setup frequent destinations and purposes for easy use later
• Easily edit/delete/reorder Presets (see blog for more info: milebug.com)
• Email HTML and Excel-friendly (CSV) reports
• Define date range of each report
• See report totals by business and vehicle
• Presets allow for trip recording with simple finger taps
• Clear Trips List when you want a fresh start
• See the deduction amount for each trip
• Incomplete trip badge on home screen icon
• Intuitive native iPhone/iPad interface
• Choose start screen in Settings
• How few miles will it take *you* to pay for MileBug?
SEE OUR BLOG: www.milebug.com (leave comments!)
* Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
* Cellular data plan or WiFi required for proper use of GPS
What's New in Version 3.1
Push Notification Support
- MileBug Cloud synchronization
- GPS Background support
Great App, just one suggestion
I use this app every day to track my miles for work, medical appointments and my volunteer work. This app easily tracks each one separately, adds up the totals and with just a couple of clicks, sends the report at the end of the month to our finance guy.
The suggestion I have is to put the button to turn on the GPS tracking function at the top instead of at the bottom because I am easily distracted and still sometimes forget to click 'start tracking' after I have filled in the details of the trip so I get to my destination and find I have no mileage recorded. Thankfully I can go back and figure the mileage by some other means and add it manually, but that's a hassle. It would be much better to have the start tracking button at the start. I can more easily fill in other details later than the mileage.
This does exactly what I need for it to do! I used to keep my mileage in a little notebook, but sometimes I would take my wife's car. I would end up with little scraps of paper everywhere! This app is on my phone which is always with me no matter what car I'm driving.
An earlier edition of this app put a red number on its icon on the main screen when the info wasn't complete. I wish the newer updates kept that feature. It was nice to be reminded that I hadn't finalized the last trip I made.
Great for me and my accountant
I have been using Milebug for a few years now and recommend it regularly to colleagues and friends. This version in particular makes it so quick and easy to log in real time, so my employees and I actually use it. Every day. And generating reports to send to my accountant at tax time - super easy. If only the rest of my data collection for taxes was this easy! Thank you, Milebug, for making a really annoying task (mileage logging) painless and fast!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Finance
- Updated: May 05, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Jason Izatt
- © 2008-2015 Izatt International
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- MileBug Cloud Storage$0.99