WHO NEEDS MILEWIZ?
• Self-employed : if you drive your personal car for business purposes, you need MileWiz so you can get tax deductions on the business trips.
• Small business owners : whenever you are out with your car doing something for your business, you need MileWiz so you can get tax deductions on the business mileage.
• Company employees : if you drive your personal car for company purposes, you can get reimbursements for your miles, gas, parking and tolls.
WHAT IS MILEWIZ GOOD FOR?
• TAX DEDUCTIONS
Driving your car for personal & business purposes?
You are eligible for tax deductions! IRS deductions are 54.5c per qualifying mile in 2018. Driving 30 miles a day can save you $4,000 per year on your tax return. MileWiz helps you keep track of your drives and allows you to easily classify them as business or personal.
• DRIVER REIMBURSEMENTS
Driving a company car?
Get your employer to reimburse your travel expenses. MileWiz will help you separate your personal and business trips. You can also add expenses like gas, toll and parking and send monthly reports to your employer.
• IRS AUDIT PROTECTION
“The IRS is very good at winning travel deduction cases.” (Australian Business Times)
Get protected with digital logs that record your drives automatically. The IRS can’t argue that, can they? MileWiz exports your trips in an IRS compliant format.
• Detect & log drives automatically, even when MileWiz is not started
• See your entire drive route on a map
• See drive distance and value
• Categorize drives with a simple swipe
• Ability to set conditions for automatic categorization
• Add Places that you visit often and set MileWiz to automatically categorize your trips to these places
• Configure working hours for automatic categorization
• Merge drives by pinching them together
• Add drives manually if you want to
• Track expenses for gas, tolls and parking
• Create as many categories as you want (MileWiz comes with pre-defined categories and their respective tax deductions for 2017 and 2018)
• Create as many clients as you want
• Tag drives
• Use multiple vehicles and drivers if you need to, with easy switching between them
• Generate reports by any criteria you want - be it a time period, driver, vehicle, tags, category etc.
• Export data to CSV
• Sync all your data between devices or just keep a cloud backup with SYNCbits. It’s free!
• Pause drive monitoring when needed
• MileWiz is IRS compliant
• Fanatical customer support, with average reply time of 4 hours
Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. MileWiz employs advanced algorithms, designed to limit the GPS usage and use a minimum amount of battery power.
SUBSCRIPTION & PRIVACY NOTICE
The "MileWiz - Unlimited Driving" subscription removes the 20 trips per month limit, allowing you to track as many trips as you want. There is a monthly and annual subscription, with the prices indicated above in the buy buttons. The payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your iTunes Account Settings after purchase. The subscription provides no trial.
Terms of Service can be found at: http://milewiz.com/terms-of-service/
Ratings and Reviews
It worked great the first year so I paid for three yrs AND THEN IT JUST STOPPED WORKING about 8 ios upgrades ago. I dont think its compatible anymore.
In iOS 11 Apple made a lot of changes to location tracking. Don't worry though, MileWiz still works but you need to reinstall it and when you start it for the first time after reinstall allow it to always use location. Before you reinstall make sure you create a SYNCbits account (via Settings / SYNCbits) and after you reinstall log into it. That would assure that you will restore your data.
I have tried many apps for tracking Milage for my consulting business and to satisfy my accountant. This app is absolutely the best I have found. I have used it for a month and just bought the year subscription because it is that good. You must pay a reasonable price to use the report function and be able to send your trip info to your computer but well worth it and less expensive than other apps I have tried. Also you can leave it turned on and running in the background without running down the battery and turn it off when riding in another car such as a rental. When you are driving in the car, plug it in because it will use battery due to GPS. And if in another car just switch it off or delete that trip after you finish it. And did I say customer support is Fantastic!!! All trips are stored so no need to worry about losing your phone. Easy to use. You just have to remember to take your phone when you drive your car! If you need to track your Milage for accounting purposes this is the app for you!
Auto-detect mph is too low
The developer of VehiCal stopped updates, so I've been trying MileWiz for the past two months. The GPS auto tracking of distance is convenient BUT as stated, it quickly depletes the battery. Another problem is their speed setting for detecting/assuming driving is way too low. I think I read somewhere that the setting is 3 mph. Well, after the first time I drove with the app on, I found several earlier enteries. ??? I walk much faster than 3 mph, which the dates of those earlier entries correspond to locations of my walks. So, SilverWiz LLC, please consider allowing the user to set the speed for when the app should consider as driving mode AND adding the Location Services option "While using the app" instead of just Never and Always. (Note: with the app Always on, it probably tracks runners and bikers mileage too as they travel faster than 3 mph.) For now, I have to turn the app off after driving and then remember to turn it on before driving. Might as well go back to manual entries...
Please install the latest update and see if you still have battery issues. As for the speed -that can be changed actually...just e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll guide you through it.
- SILVERWIZ LLC
- 17.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © SILVERWIZ LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Driving Plan $4.99
- Unlimited Driving Plan $49.99
- Unlimited Drive Plan $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.