Toucharcade's Game Of The Week!
"The Best Mobile Adventure Game You’ll Play This Year" - 5/5 IdigitalTimes.com
It's 1920's Norway, and you play as Ruth, a young woman who lives alone on a remote farm at the end of a faraway fjord. You take care of your cows and make delicious dairy products that your friend sells in the closest town. But life is hard and work is tough, and Ruth ponders: Is this really the life I want? It's not easier when mysterious things start happening to you and your cows.
And then a huge, mysterious ship descends from the skies, turning Ruth's life upside-down.
Milkmaid of the Milky Way is a delightful, classic point-and-tap adventure game that combines an exciting story with puzzles and exploration.
It's also written completely in rhyme!
If you like unique games like Loom, Broken Age and Monkey Island you should give this a try!
* A lovingly crafted universe with hand-painted backgrounds combined with old school pixel art
* An exciting, intriguing story filled with wonder
* All dialogue and game text written in rhyme!
* Puzzles and exploration, perfect for beginners and veterans alike
* Easy, touch-friendly controls and no fail-state gameplay
* Autosave and custom save games
* Lovely, original soundtracks
* Made in Norway by one dedicated guy
* 2-4 hours of playtime
* Works on both iPhone and iPad
* English, French and Norwegian languages
* Four earth-based cows
- New Languages! Now you can play the game in rhyming French and Norwegian!
- Auto-rotate support
- A few bug fixes
Thanks for playing my game, you're awesome!
Ratings and Reviews
There has never been a finer example that pixels are just a canvas for what can be a moving and emotional story. I am just getting started, and it is such a touching presentation of what a girl's life could be like on the mountain. And, so far, we are missing some of the annoying aspects of the classics - red herrings, pointless deaths. A retro game that would have fit in well in the King's Quest era, but with subtle modern effects like moving clouds and a real piano and classical guitar moving soundtrack. The attention to detail and frequent shifting of perspective is reminiscent of Another World.
Beautiful game. Reminds me a lot of an older game called Loom. The only problem is that this game is SHORT. It felt more like a demo than an actual game, and there were a few unanswered questions and things that were never explained. I'd say it's worth 1$... maybe. But 4$ is absurd, seriously. I was expecting at least 5 times the amount of game. Shortest point and click adventure game I've ever played. I give it 4 stars because it's good, and I would like to see more. But... lol I just have to say it again, it felt like a demo.
Entertaining Short Adventure Game
Excellent game! It was fun discovering the story that unfolded as each puzzle was solved. I got stuck in one spot and had to resort to a walk through for a hint. The gameplay works well with a touch-based interface. The graphics and story are simple but that did not bother me. I wish the game had been longer but still feel satisfied with the experience I had for the price. I would buy a sequel should the developer choose to make one.
- Mattis Folkestad
- 215.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2016 Mattis Folkestad
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.