By Kenzo Yamaguchi
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
"If you need the digital equivalent of an egg timer on your Mac, you can't go wrong with the cute little US$0.99 Minutes." - TUAW
Minutes is a simple and colorful timer.
For example,it can be used for the time left until a meeting begins,the time to walk the dog,or the time to go pick up your child.
Give it a try. See how the small, close-at-hand timer works for you when your schedule is packed and you may forget something.
You can make Minutes into a little friend on your Mac for those important times in your busy life.
Operation is as simple as putting up a memo on a cork board.
- Starts immediately when you smoothly turn the triangular knob.
A colorful appearance
- Choose from any of four color combinations: keynote, picnic, concert, or halftime.
- Match your mood or your desktop.
- The timer can be set for any time from 1 minute up to 6 hours
- An alarm will sound when the time is up. (The count can be repeated when using the extended functions)
- An iTunes playlist will be played
- iTunes will be stopped
- Multiple instances of Minutes can run simultaneously.
What's New in Version 1.0.2
Simple. Visually informative and pleasing. Really great!
Great little timer. Not overly complicated and gets the job done.
The way I use it: I have a lot of distractions while I'm trying to work. I use a couple of these timers to set a block of 15-30 minutes (or whatever) of working time. The timer is always in view and seeing a working block of time counting down helps me to focus on the job at hand. Similarly, I set one for breaks so I don't run over. A five minute timer is perfect for checking email and RSS feeds.
Since the timers are visually distinct, I can see adding ones for things like reminding me to get up and away from the computer every hour or to make sure I'm drinking enough water, etc. For the way I work, these are super useful. Glad I saw this reviewed in Macworld.
Nice little timer!
I really like the keep on top feature in this little timer. I have it slid into the corner on my screen, out of the way, but clearly visible.
I do have two feature requests:
1. I wish I could pause the timer without reseting it. It would be handy for when the phone rings and I have to take a quick break from my work.
2. It could be just a tad smaller, or perhaps resizable.
Thanks for your good work on this!
Minutes timers not only look great, they work great. I can't tell you how many times this thing has helped keep me productive. Three things I would like to see--and would even pay extra to have--are the ability to pause timers then restart, to name timers, and to close and reopen Minutes and have all my timers (including their names) saved. I love this program!