Convenient and easy to use, Moasure is a 300m/1000ft tape measure, ruler, protractor and a goniometer (angle measurer) - all in one simple app.
Simply move your phone from one point to another point and Moasure displays the distance or height difference between the two points, or the angle between them.
Top 10 in overall App Store in 101 countries.
There’s no tape, no string, no laser beam or camera images. Instead Moasure uses the same technology found in space rocket guidance systems – the iPhone’s accelerometers and gyroscopes – to calculate precisely how far you have moved your phone. Moasure really is rocket science!
Moasure can measure the length, width, and height of objects, as well as internal room dimensions and even inter-room dimensions.
In fact, there’s not much that Moasure can’t measure.
• Measures distances from 10cm to 3000m (4” to 1000ft) quickly and easily.
• The only app that retains its accuracy for distances greater than 10m/30ft, thanks to Moasure’s unique multi-step measurement mode.
• 5 different measuring modes for measuring objects, spaces, height difference and angles.
• Measures round obstacles as if they weren’t there - great for measuring room dimensions.
• Label and save measurements for future reference, printing and sharing via SMS or email.
• Displays in metric or imperial units.
• Measures the angle between two lines or surfaces.
• Distance accuracy better than 1% accuracy on iPhone 7 and 2% on iPhone 6. Angle accuracy better than 1 degree. (Watch the help videos for tips on achieving the best accuracy.)
IMPORTANT: Moasure has not been designed for use on iPad, because of its size. Please be careful when using an iPad to take measurements.
A simple app on your smartphone, Moasure is available whenever and wherever you need it. No Internet connection is needed, and there’s no need to hunt through a toolbox or kitchen drawer for a ruler, tape measure or a laser. You’ll never find yourself without a tape measure.
EASY TO USE:
You don’t need someone to hold the end of a tape measure, just move your smartphone from A to B and let Moasure do the rest. The measurement will be displayed on your screen instantly.
Moasure can measure almost anything, from the width of a tile to the length of your garden. If there’s something in the way, like a wall, just walk round it and Moasure will measure straight through it.
USED BY PROFESSIONALS:
Moasure is a serious measuring tool, suitable for use by professionals. It‘s ideal for estimating dimensions when quoting for jobs. (However, please don’t use Moasure when measuring to cut or drill material – it isn’t accurate enough to do that just yet.)
Moasure uses patented technology to get the most accurate and consistent results of any motion-measuring app available.
The accuracy of the measurement depends on the iPhone model, and the time it takes to complete the measurement. A visible and audible timer indicates when the accuracy starts to deteriorate.
For even greater accuracy, you can repeat the measurement a number of times and Moasure displays the average measurement.
We’ve taken thousands of test measurements, covering all the different iPhone models, with the following results*:
(values in brackets are for average of 3 measurements)
On iPhone 7/7 Plus:
• measurements within 0.5% accuracy: 67% (92%)
• measurements within 1.0% accuracy: 97% (100%)
On iPhone 6/6 Plus, single measurement:
• measurements within 1.0% accuracy: 83% (100%)
• measurements within 1.5% accuracy: 97% (100%)
*Results are for measurements taking 2 to 3 seconds to complete. Measurements over a shorter period should be more accurate, whilst longer measurements will be less accurate. When using multi-step measurements, the accuracy is determined by the time period for each measuring step.
Please see our website: www.moasure.com
- Minor bug fixes
- All new user interface, makes measurements even easier.
- New and improved tutorial and help features.
- New measurement algorithm provides even greater measurement accuracy.
- Now measures distances from 10cm to 300m (4” to 1000ft) quickly and easily.
- Automatically detects which way you’re moving the phone and adds on the correct phone dimension.
- New ‘Height Difference’ mode allows you to measure the height difference between any two objects, even if they’re separated by up to 300m/1000ft.
- Now you can label and save measurements for future reference.
- Print saved measurements.
- Share saved measurements via SMS and email.
- Now available in Dutch, Swedish, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese n addition to English (US), English (UK), German, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian and Polish.
- Plus many more improvements – too many to mention.
Ratings and Reviews
Very good but.......
Honestly I'm impressed and this is very handy if you want a measurement that doesn't really require spot on accuracy. I'm not saying it's not accurate, not at all, it's impossible to have a spot on measurement with your standard tape measure all the time, hence the wording "all the time". But this tape measure app is very good if you're getting measurements quickly on the fly, or trying to get all the measurements during your quote at a job site, or impressing your buddies with your new state of the art tape measure....... bottom line is, this is worth every penny, please be patient, watch the videos on how-to, trust me, I didn't the first time and didn't like it, after watching it and getting familiar with the app, I'm here writing about it aren't I? :-)
Hi Deaf fox,
Thank you for your kind review! We have some updates coming soon which will improve the accuracy and make the app easier to use.
Eduard @ Moasure
Way too confusing. Can not measure anything smaller than phone.
This app was so terrible it is forcing me to write my first review in 10 years as iPhone owner. I rarely buy apps but, when I do, I expect value. In other words, I expect them to make my life easier in relation to price. There are some free apps out there that don’t work as advertised but, they are free, so no loss of value. However, I have never had a paid app fail to deliver on value as advertised until now. This app does the same thing to tape measures that Common Core did to 5th grade Math. I’ll never use this app because of its complex nature and total reliance on precision from user. The sad thing is that the creators put a lot of time, money and energy into an awful product. Please do not waste your money.
Hi Java, We're sorry if you've been struggling with Moasure. Please contact us via the in-app support, or send an email to email@example.com - we would like to find out what you found too confusing. As you said, we have put a lot of work into Moasure and are still improving it! So if you have any suggestions, please do let us know! Best regards, Eduard @ Moasure
Either I'm a complete moron or this app is completely confusing. It states in the description that you can measure distances simply by walking from point A to point B. I can attest that this is definitely not the case, the app definitely isn't worth the money and I'll be deleting and trying to get my money back. Having to stop every 2 feet to let it calculate is idiotic. I would give zero stars if I could.
I'm sorry that you've found Moasure confusing. We're not sure how you're trying to use Moasure, but it certainly isn't necessary to stop every 2 feet to let it calculate. I would recommend watching the Help videos, accessed through the 'Settings' menu. Alternatively, please contact us using the in-app Support or via our website, so we can help you directly!
Also, we've just submitted a major update to Moasure that makes it even simpler to use. The update will be released in the next few days. Why don't you wait for this update and give it another go?
Alan @ Moasure
- 3D technologies Ltd
- 54.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2017 3D Technologies Ltd. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.