By Synium Software GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Immerse yourself in the world of mobile genealogy!
MobileFamilyTree 7 is the first is the first fully-fledged mobile genealogy app out there. MobileFamilyTree doesn't require you to own a Mac or PC as it offers just every feature you could wish for in a modern genealogy app.
Nonetheless, MobileFamilyTree works with MacFamilyTree like clockwork and can be synchronized via iCloud if desired.
Create or edit your family tree with the help of our intuitive Interactive Tree or use a wide range of convenient charts and reports to record every little family history detail. Take photos or videos of your relatives directly from within the app. Optionally, you can keep your tree synchronized via iCloud or use the GEDCOM file format to exchange data with almost any Mac or PC based genealogy app out there.
Or try FamilySearch, the world's largest genealogy archive to do your research - it's absolutely free of charge!
MobileFamilyTree 7 Overview:
- Well arranged, fast and easy to use interface
- MobileFamilyTree ist the first and only full-featured mobile genealogy app
- MacFamilyTree not required, can be used standalone
- Full support GEDCOM export and import
- iCloud synchronization
- Awesome charts and maps
- Integration of FamilySearch, the world's largest genealogy archive
- Use the new Interactive Tree, the research assistant or the table view to enter your data
- Take photos or videos directly from within MobileFamilyTree 7
- Keep track of tasks with the help of the To Do feature
- Powerful media browser and places administration
- All MacFamilyTree charts are available in MobileFamilyTree 7
Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics Chart, Fan Chart, Relationship Chart, Genogram Chart, Map View and Name Distribution Chart
- Print your charts right from your mobile device
- Share your charts via email
- Follow your ancestors around the world using the map view or display statistical details in the map
- All MacFamilyTree reports are available for MobileFamilyTree 7
- Available Reports:
Persons Report, Family Report, Relationships Report, Narrative Report, Places Report, Events Report, Distinctive Persons Report, List of Birthdays Report, Marriage List Report, Anniversary Report and Plausibility Report
- Print your reports right from your mobile device
- Share your reports via email
- Synchronize your data via iCloud
- FamilySearch - use the world's largest genealogy archive for your research. It's without any additional cost or subscription fees!
Display and Present
- Do you own an Apple TV?
Present the Interactive Tree, the Virtual Tree and all types of charts and reports on the TV or via a video projector
- Share all types of charts and reports via email, via GEDCOM file export or send a download link via iCloud
What's New in Version 7.6
- Enhanced Source Management
- Add notes to every individual source citation
- Revamped options to assign source evidence, information and quality
- Improved person and family event lists to display if source citations are available
- Better display of source citations
- Improved overview of citations when viewing a source
- Copy & Paste for source citations
- Improved source selection view when adding sources to entries
- New Person Analysis Report
- Displays interesting facts about your family tree, for example which persons have the same occupation or eye color
- 18 data sources for person facts and events
- New Fractal Ancestor Chart
- Compact chart showing all ancestors of a person
- Printable and configurable
Why cant i create the webpage?
Version 7.6 huge improvements, still some UI hokeyness
The 7/25 7.5.x syncing problem is resolved. Big Improvements overall in 7.6 on 8/12, especially with sources but still room for improvement.
My biggest gripe is the UI is hokey at times and the iPad & iPhone versions have a different feel and flow than the Mac version (especially the iPhone). This is especially true for relationships (spouse, parents, children) and takes much longer to add or navigate a family. As well as details of an event or an individual of an individual (other than relationships) is different though perhaps for the better because it is all on one screen.. I am just not used to seeing it there and there are unused fields consuming space. Overall though I like they are easily accessible.
So screen space utilize screen space in portrait mode on the iPad and seems cramped because the side navigation bar takes up so much space. It can be compressed if you notice the little arrow hidden at the bottom of the screen but it is a bit hokey where it is. Maybe by default having it be the compressed version would help my opinion.
The iPhone version (even on the 6 plus) doesn’t show the side bar in landscape or portrait mode and so it is going back, back, back, and then forward.. for that part I like the compressed menu bar of the iPad version. I would like a jump to function or something.. I would also like the search bar to stay at the top when searching for names as you scroll so I do not have to power scroll through large databases to calibrate my search.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Aug 12, 2015
- Version: 7.6
- Size: 42.1 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Synium Software GmbH
- © Copyright 2015 Synium Software GmbH Germany
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.