By Synium Software GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
MobileFamilyTree 7 is perfect for anyone wanting to get into mobile digital genealogy. MobileFamilyTree is the first mobile genealogy application ever and brings MacFamilyTree 7's awesome features to your iPhone or iPad.
There is no need for a computer - MobileFamilyTree 7 is a comprehensive and modern genealogy app fully independent of Mac and PC! Use our powerful app to do your genealogy on the go! Create or edit your family tree with the help of an intuitive graphical interface or use a number of convenient charts and reports to record every little family history detail.
Take photos or videos of your relatives directly from within the app. You can synchronize your tree via iCloud or exchange GEDCOM files with almost any Mac or PC based genealogy app out there. Or try FamilySearch, the world's largest genealogy archive - it's absolutely free; there are no hidden fees or additional costs!
MobileFamilyTree 7 Overview:
- New: Synchronize your data using iCloud
- New: FamilySearch. Browse the world's largest genealogy archive at no extra cost or subscription fee!
- The first comprehensive genealogy app for iOS - Can be used independently. You don't need to own MacFamilyTree to run MobileFamilyTree on your mobile device. - Full support of GEDCOM export and import
- Contains almost all of MacFamilyTree’s awesome features
- New: Widely redesigned user interface
- Choose between the graphical interface, the research assistant or the table view to enter your data
- Take pictures or record videos directly via MobileFamilyTree 7
- Use the To Do feature to keep an overview of your project
- Powerful media browser and places administration, inspired by MacFamilyTree
- All MacFamilyTree charts are available for MobileFamilyTree 7. Available charts: Hourglass Chart, Ancestor Chart, Timeline, Double Ancestor Chart, Statistics Chart, Fan Chart, Relationship Chart, Genogram Chart, Map View and Name Distribution Chart
- Print your charts right from your mobile device - Share your charts via email
- Follow your ancestors around the world using the map view
- All MacFamilyTree reports are available for MobileFamilyTree 7.
- Available reports: Persons Report, Family Report, Relationships Report, Narrative Report, Places Report, Events Report, Distinctive Persons Report, List of Birthdays Report, Marriage List Report and Plausibility Report. - Print your reports right from your mobile device - Share your reports via email
What's New in Version 7.0.14
- FamilySearch issue displaying parents in the comparison view fixed
The Good and the Bad
The application itself seems pretty robust--lots of features and appears to be fairly intuitive. Unfortunately, I've hardly gotten to use it because it's connected to the worst online genealogy research site I've ever seen. There's no record of my family or me having ever existed. If you already know everything about your family's history, this app might be a good way to organize and visually see it all, but if you're trying to find some of that information, this app may not provide the necessary resources to help you do that. Additional websites and research sources will probably be required. At least, they were for me.
After raving about Mac FT and Mobile FT for the few years, all can say is not fit for prime time! The upgraded versions cost me a months worth of lost research and the iPad seems unable to ever open the iCloud saved tree. What next? I'm terrified of losing all my records with these apps!
Hope they can work out the bugs, but in the meantime, save your money!
Love using this program to do my genealogy. I can do everything I want for genealogy in a single program!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 19, 2013
- Version: 7.0.14
- Size: 18.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Synium Software GmbH
- © Copyright 2013 Synium Software GmbH Germany
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.