Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
When war hits home, abandon all fear.
**IGN: “Modern Combat 3 is the best FPS on mobile devices, especially if you're a multiplayer-minded gamer.”
The best, most realistic smartphone FPS series returns with even higher intensity and an apocalyptic battle for the freedom of the United States, for one or more players.
BE THE HERO OF AN EXPLOSIVE SOLO CAMPAIGN
• Fight through a 13-mission campaign from Los Angeles to Pakistan.
• Witness multiple memorable moments thanks to AAA scenario-scripting.
• Experience different types of gameplay: escort, destroy, helicopter, 4x4 chase…
LIVE THE MOST IMMERSIVE REAL WAR EXPERIENCE
• The deepest and most intuitive FPS gameplay on smartphones improved once again, now with a sprint and slide feature.
• Gaze-upon next-gen GFX that allow for an unprecedented rendering of environments.
• Improved SFX and voice acting will immerse you in an apocalyptic scenario.
ENJOY WHAT IS SIMPLY THE BEST MULTIPLAYER ON SMARTPHONES
• Enter battles for up to 12 players in 6 exclusive maps and 7 different modes.
• Use your customized weapons to move up an addictive leaderboard with more than just ranks.
PLAYS WITH DUO GAMER
Play with Duo Gamer, the app-supported game controller for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! Get ready to take gaming control to another level with Duo Gamer’s two analog joysticks, d-pad, four buttons, and two triggers! (Go to www.duo-games.com/duogamer for more info and availability).
Visit our homepage at www.gameloft.com.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/gameloft or like us on Facebook at http://facebook.com/gameloft to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers on www.youtube.com/gameloft.
Discover our blog at http://blog.gameloft.com/ for the inside scoop on everything Gameloft.
Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
What's New in Version 1.4.0
- Security fix to kick speed hackers
- Play with Duo Gamer, the app-supported game controller for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch! (Go to www.duo-games.com/duogamer for more info and availability).
I bought this game right after I purchased the gameloft duo controller. This was exactly the type of functionality I was looking to get out of my iPad. If you have ever played a first person shooter on any modern gaming system than this game paired with the duo controller will feel right at home. I had a layover this past weekend at the airport and pulled out my iPad and duo controller and started gaming! I hope gameloft and other game developers realize that this is the type of functionality that heavy iPad users want from games! A quick side note: I tried the controller with other free game loft games and did not find the experience as enjoyable. The games felt very "sega genesis" to me. It seemed like gameloft didn't put the same emphasis on quality into their sports games as they did the MC series. I haven't bought MC4 yet because it doesn't support the duo controller as of this posting though they say it will soon. I know I keep harping on this but once you try the duo controller a lightbulb goes off as to what the possibilities are in terms of mobile gaming. Try getting the same enjoyment for a $7 game elsewhere!
Mc3 pros and cons
From I played, there's nothing like playing a 1st person millitary shooter other than the modern combat games. It has fair graphics, plenty of options for your player both in campaign and multiplayer, but here's where it goes down in rate in my case.
Like many other players of the game loft 1st person shooters, we want a little bit more customization for our guns and avatars, a few more guns, and a few more optional maps.
Look at Halo's Forge mode, where you can MAKE YOUR OWN MAPS, and HAVE FRIENDS ONLINE OVER to help. And also, voice chat. How I see it, within the next year maybe, design an iOS to where you can call people, play really fun App Store Games, text friends with a new Internet, and without connection, go online to mc3, mc4, or the nova games to battle, HELP EAC OTHER IN MIDMATCH BATTLES, and then put a wireless earphone like blue tooth so you can chat on the go.
Mc3 and 4 are great, but compared to Gameloft, the companies who design games like BO2 and halo 4 probably have a trillion people people playing their games every hour.
Catch up Gameloft, or you'll be at the bottom...........
Awesome game except, as far as I can see, is:
1. AI that controls teammates in single player mode needs work. They run directly in front of you while you are shooting, fail to kill enemies at point plank range, and cannot be depended on to cover you or help you when you are in trouble, other than shouting encouragement and commands like "what the hell?" and "requesting cover!"(whatever that means). It's a good thing that you can't kill your teammates, as they undoubtedly will not only run in front of you, but stop and stand in your direct line of fire. Either that or I would shoot them myself so they would stay out of my way.
2. Controls. One word: AWKWARD. Impossible to really master and makes for clumsy and frustrating gameplay. Not sure if there is an XBox style console or joystick available that can be plugged into the ipad available, but this would be the only way to effectively control gameplay.
All in all - I still give it 5 stars because it is an awesome game, despite the bad AI and impossible controls.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Oct 22, 2012
- Version: 1.4.0
- Size: 1.17 GB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Gameloft
- © 2011 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft, the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Starter Pack$1.99
- Survival Kit$4.99
- Razor Pack$1.99
- Commando's Gear$9.99
- KPR Pack$4.99
- Major's Supplies$19.99
- Delta Pack$9.99
- Anvil Pack$19.99
- Veteran's Arsenal$49.99
- National Treasury$99.99