Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Monocle’s app for iPhone combines our around-the-clock audio service – a pacy mix of current affairs, business, culture and music – with our complete travel guide to the best business cities and resorts around the globe. You also get full access to Monocolumn, our daily bulletin of news, opinion and the best places to spend your weekend.
Full feature list:
- Listen live to Monocle 24 – our audio service broadcast around the clock from Midori House
- See what's coming up and catch up on what you've missed with our unique Timeshift browser
- Download shows to your iPhone for offline listening and set reminders for future programmes
- Quick, one-tap access to the latest news reports
- Mobile, offline access to Monocle’s 25/25 city guides – our top 50 list of the best business and resort cities
- Quickly find recommendations for hotels, dining, gifts and more – and get directions to them
- Bookmark places for quick reference later or share via SMS or email
- Tell Monocle about the places or activities you’ve discovered
- Monocle’s daily bulletin of news and opinion delivered directly to your iPhone
- Instapaper support (http://www.instapaper.com/) – archive material for reading on your other devices
Please send any feedback, bug reports or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Company: Winkontent Limited
What's New in Version 1.4.3
- iOS 6 support
– iPhone 5 screen compatibility
- Bug fixes in 25/25
Simple, reliable, effective. Oh, and it works!
The bugs seems to have been fixed (though why did this take so long, Monocle? Aren't you the guys that harp on about quality, innovation and good business?) and I am particularly loving the timeline feature, which allows me to add recent programmes, which play automatically, one after the other, unlike the podcasts via iTunes. I am streaming via 3G from faraway Laos, and all is well.
Such a surprise... It's a great App!
I am a fan of Monocle magazine. So, I am really excited to see this Monocle App. But when I read all reviews for this App, which are mostly negative, I am a bit reluctant. Finally, I bought the Apps. And I have no problems as others mention at all. Lucky me! It is a such a great Apps for me... after all.
You need to fix critical bugs
For the last two months whenever I try to stream via mobile (cellular) data I get the message "There was a problem connecting to the stream. Please try again later." It appears that streaming now only works if connected to wifi. Since I use this app to listen whilst driving to work, it is critical the streaming via mobile network data work. Can you please repair this?