・Before use, please check the Compatibility section below.
・This application is compatible up to iOS 10.2. Unsupported devices may not run the game properly. Please be aware of this when switching devices or updating your OS.
・Please use the latest application version for online play. If you cannot play with other players, please confirm that you are using the latest version of the application.
*No Hidden Costs*
No additional fees after download!
*For a list of compatible devices, please see the "Compatibility" section in the game's description.
The world's most exciting hunting action game, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, is now available for iOS! Whether you're a rookie or veteran hunter, intuitive touch controls will help you tackle the biggest, baddest monsters out there. Let the hunt begin!
There are so many ways to progress through Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for iOS. With a multitude of quests to complete, you can choose to tackle something new, or go back and replay a quest you've already cleared with new weapons and tactics. How you play the game is really up to you!
You'll embark on quests with numerous objectives, from gathering items to slaying monsters. If you're successful, you'll reap the spoils, which you can use to create and enhance weapons and armor. Once you've buffed up your character, you'll be ready to take on even bigger quests!
The controls have been designed so you can intuitively perform complicated actions at the touch of a button!
A number of functions are included to assist you while you hunt, such as the 'target camera,' which keeps monsters in your sights, and the 'pop-up icon,' which indicates things you can interact with.
The game's graphics have been optimized for iOS devices. Just wait until you see all of the beautiful environments for you to hunt in!
You can go hunting with up to 4 players over Wi-Fi. When you run into a quest that's just too much for you to handle by yourself, call on your friends to join the hunt!
*Online (co-op) play is not supported over mobile data connections such as 3G.
*To get the best co-op gameplay experience, make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi connection.
*You must be signed in to Game Center to play online (co-op).
・MFi Game Controller Support
Use the MFi Game Controller to get the best hunting experience!
*The MFi Game Controller is not compatible with iPhone 4S or iPad (3rd Gen).
Notice regarding compatible devices
OS: iOS 6.0 - 10.2
・iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus
・iPod Touch (5th gen 16GB/32GB/64GB with back camera), iPod Touch (6th gen)
・iPad (3rd gen), iPad (4th gen), iPad Air, iPad Air 2
・iPad mini, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 4
・9.7-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro
* Devices other than the ones listed above are unsupported and are not guaranteed to work properly.
* iPhone 4 / iPod Touch (4th gen) / iPad 2 or earlier, or iPod Touch (5th gen with no back camera) are unsupported.
* Please be aware that the application can be downloaded with an iPhone 4, but is unsupported.
* Deleting this game from your device will erase the game's save data.
Fixed various system-related issues.
Please use the latest application version for online play. If you cannot play with other players, please confirm that you are using the latest version of the application.
Ratings and Reviews
At only $15?! 😱
Such a freaking great deal. It is one-for-one the exact same game I played on my PSP. In fact, I was totally skeptical when looking at this in the App Store, no way could they have the ENTIRETY of Monster Hunter Freedom content in an app.
But not only did it have all of the same content, the graphics look like they might even be sharper! On top of that, the touchscreen controls work beautifully, very responsive and user-friendly. You can still play up to four players over WiFi, which is a great way to kill some time with a friend or three! And if you get a phone call, or a FaceTime request the game automatically pauses for you! It sounds like a minor thing, but if you’re constantly switching between apps and taking calls, it can be a godsend. I can hunt a Ratholos, reap the rewards, build a weapon, farm for materials, pet my (adorable!!!) potbelly pig, and eat a gourmet meal cooked by sentient cats all while on a break when I’m at work. I couldn’t recommend this game enough, I’ve already logged an embarrassing number of hours on it, and I couldn’t be happier with my purchase. 10/10
Monster Hunter is my favorite game series of all time. I never got to play Freedom Unite, and I really wanted to because of all the people saying it is one of the most challenging MH games ever made. After playing it myself, I can definitely see where they're coming from. While it isn't my favorite MH game, it gave me one of the biggest challenges in my gaming years. I really have no issue with anything. You progress the same way you do on the original version, it has all of the weapon specific combos, all the buttons make sense, every single monster is present, the kitchen and farm function the same, and it gave me such a boost in my Monster Hunter skill. If you have not purchased it and are even remotely interested, you will not be disappointed by what the game has to offer. I really hope they continue to port MH games to iOS.
MH on IOS is a miracle
I had played 2nd gen MH through my childhood on a PSP, so when I saw this game in App Store I couldn’t resist to try it out. It turned out to be pretty good, staying true to the original version generally.
If you are used to playing the game with an actual controller, whether a PSP, a 3DS, or a PS4, you would find the IOS touch screen a pain to use. After several hours, I don’t see myself getting better at it. I probably won’t be able to hunt something as fast as Narga with my iPhone.
That said, the game is good enough that I won’t complain over all. If you are a seasoned hunter who wants a portable hunting experience now that MHWorld is on console, this game is worthy. If you have never played MH before, I would recommend MHGU on Switch instead. This IOS game is older and more frustrating.
- CAPCOM Co., Ltd
- 1.2 GB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © CAPCOM CO., LTD. 2014 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.