MonthlyCal is a beautiful and colorful monthly calendar widget for OS X Yosemite. MonthlyCal supports gregorian's calendar and it is almost localized in every language!
With the new version you can click on a day to show the list of related events. Click on an event to show it in OS X Calendar app!
- Monthly calendar
- Move to next and previous month
- Integration with OS X Calendar app (Enable it in preferences of main app)
- Click on a day to show the list of events!
- Click on an event to show it in OS X Calendar app or Fantastical™ 2!
- Customizable theme (Choose your color in preferences of main app)
- Weekdays are localized in every language.
- Support for Sunday or Monday as first weekday.
- Electric Green
MonthlyCal gets settings automatically from your OS (Language, first weekday, ecc...)
- ENABLE WIDGET: Open Notification Center => Click Edit Button => Add MonthlyCal.
- THEME COLOR: Open main app => Open Preferences => Choose your color.
- EVENTS INDICATOR: Open main app => Open Preferences => Check "Show events indicator" => Allow MonthlyCal to access to your calendars.
If "Show events indicator" is checked but you doesn't see any indicator (A little dot on days with one or more events) open "OS X System Preferences" => Click "Security and Privacy" => Choose "Privacy" tab => Click "Calendar" => Flag "MonthlyCal".
*** MonthlyCal supports only Gregorian calendar ***
*** The list of events is available only within the notification center's widget ***
*** The widget is localized in Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish. App and Settings only in English and Italian ***
Added turkish localization for the widget
Updated for macOS Mojave
Ratings and Reviews
Great app - small problem
I been using this app for some time and it is really good. I found one issue that I was trying to report but I can’t find support email on their page for this app.
So I will state here. I noticed that when I swipe to show side bar I see cal widget. But I have to click on today date (which is already selected) to show events on this day. One time I looked it really quickly and did think I have no events. Well I missed my event. After looking into it more I realized that I have to click on selected today date to show list of event under the widget. Any subsequent side bar swipes do show events for this day. Looke like when we roll from one day to another the auto switch does “not select” to show events
What the Calendar Widget for the Notification Center should have been
It gives you a quick overview of your monthly calendar and also displays a list of events that you have for the current date. You can also click through other days in the month to see what’s scheduled. The preferences allow you to filter through your various Calendars.
Winner By Default
A calendar and dictionary/thesaurus widget were the last two holes that I needed to fill in order to completely replace the dashboard and hop on Apple’s future vision. This fills one of those holes. It’s super simple and doesn’t serve much purpose beyond giving you a full montly view in notification center, but that’s all I wanted. It does show which days have events by syncing with ical, which is nice, but there is no way of viewing exactly what those notifications are without opening the full app. Which at that point, you are just going to view them ical anyways. It would be nice if in a future version the widget expanded when you clicked on a day with an event so you could see what it is.
But still, great app, and I’m glad someone finally made a calendar widget for the sidebar!
- Fausto Ristagno
- 1.2 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Fausto Ristagno
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.