Introducing Moodle Desktop - the solution to accessing your Moodle courses on desktop.
With Moodle Desktop you can experience all these popular (and more) functionalities:
- View course activities and download materials offline.
- Quickly find and contact other people in your courses or organisation.
- Attempt quizzes, post in forums, play SCORM packages, edit wiki pages and more - on and offline.
- Upload images, audio, videos and other files from your desktop.
- View deadlines filtered by dates or course subjects.
- Receive instant notifications for messages, forum posts, calendar events and deadlines.
- Track your learning progress or grades.
Thanks for using the Moodle Desktop app! In this new release you will find the following:
• Customisable Course overview
• Group messaging support
• Performance improvements
• Improvements in sections navigation
• Support Nextcloud integration
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t log in
I was having the same problem with the iPhone app but it got fixed for that app, now thw problem remains for the mac app. I type in the university website and try to log in to my account but it says that I've got the wrong username/password, even though when I test it on the browser amd the iphone app it logs me in just fine. It's inconvenient having to log in all the time when I'm on my laptop so it’d be nice if this was fixed. Also, it would be good if the app allowd to sign in with the auto-fill feature or allowed to paste.
The app itself works great! I’m glad that it is available as an app and not having to log in online everytime to use it. The only problem (which is why I rate it 3 stars) is the UI. It is an exact replica of the mobile app which doesn’t look the best on the iPhone too. The desktop version isn’t design for a computer but for an iPad/iPhone. Please update the app for the desktop and it will be great!
No support for OpenID Connect
My institution cannot use this app becasue it only supports manual login. We use OpenID Connect for authentication to Moodle.
- Moodle Pty Ltd
- 62.3 MB
- OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Moodle Pty Ltd
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.