By Many Tricks
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Moom allows you to easily move and zoom windows—on one display, or to another display—using either the mouse or the keyboard. Moom lets you...
• Hover over the green button and choose from five preset size/location options in a pop-up palette
• Use a grid to 'draw' a window's desired size and location
• Define custom controls to move and zoom, move to other display, center, resize, and more
• Chain custom controls together to execute complex window management tasks
• Save window layouts to easily recreate a desired window arrangement at any time
• Automatically activate saved window layouts on changes in monitor layout, as in when you disconnect from your work display and then open your laptop at home
• Use keyboard mode to do all of this, and more, without ever touching a mouse
Once you've tried Mooming your windows, you'll never go back to simply moving and zooming them again.
What's New in Version 3.2.6
• Fixed a bug where the snap feature would misbehave while a display was zoomed.
• Fixed a bug where the snap feature would interfere with customizing a standard window toolbar.
• Fixed a bug where the snap feature would occasionally reduce other apps' responsiveness while interacting with those apps' menus.
I’ve been using this utility since switching from Windows to Mac. Love the abilty to customize windows. Hold your mouse over the green maximize window control button to add many window features. Make sure you go through the preferences as there are other features added to this tool that help with workflow.
I got started with Moom so fast. I usually use it for quickly maximizing windows from the keyboard, moving windows to different monitors, or aligning windows to be exactly on a grid to satisfy OCD tendencies. I just reinstalled my OS and realized how frustrating it was not having Moom, so I had to drop it a five star review.
I've used this utility reliably for years. It's never failed. It's never caused a problem. It's never broken due to an update. It's never looked out of place or distracted me.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 03, 2016
- Version: 3.2.6
- Size: 3.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Many Tricks
- © 2011–2016 Many Tricks
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor