By Many Tricks
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** On sale for only $5 (50% off) through December 31st 2014! ***
Moom allows you to easily move and zoom windows—on one display, or to another display—using either the mouse or the keyboard. Moom lets you...
• Hover over the green button and choose from five preset size/location options in a pop-up palette
• Use a grid to 'draw' a window's desired size and location
• Define custom controls to move and zoom, move to other display, center, resize, and more
• Chain custom controls together to execute complex window management tasks
• Save window layouts to easily recreate a desired window arrangement at any time
• Automatically activate saved window layouts on changes in monitor layout, as in when you disconnect from your work display and then open your laptop at home
• Use keyboard mode to do all of this, and more, without ever touching a mouse
Once you've tried Mooming your windows, you'll never go back to simply moving and zooming them again.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
• Updated menu bar icon and other interface elements for Yosemite
• Menu bar icon is now retinaized
• Works well with Yosemite's dark mode
• Improved layout of keyboard mode's cheat sheet
• Fixed a bug related to large documents in Preview
• Fixed a bug related to sizing windows across multiple displays via custom actions
I cannot live without this app! Apple should buy and integrate into OS X
This app is absolutely a must have!!! Apple should buy it an integrate it into the OS X. It is that well designed and integrated. It’s absolutely simple and intuitive to use. Wether you use the grid, presets, or screen edge snap to behaviors (or all three) you will quickly grow dependent on this app.
It’s the first app I install on a new Mac. I’ve used it for years and it has always been stable and quickly update with each iterative release of OS X.
Thank you to the developers for such a great app and diligent support over the years!
An unbelievably clean interface to a very useful function
I’ve seen other apps that try to snap and tile windows, and have hated them all. This is the first I’ve seen that feels natural and non-invasive.
One tip: restart any open applications after installing this if you don’t get the control panel when hovering over maximize. Excel didn’t pick up this functionality until I closed it and reopened it.
Excellent little app
I have found that I end up using this neat little app multiple times per day. It is especially helpful with large screens when trying to position documents side-by-side and even seems to work great on multiple monitors. This is one I think Apple should have thought of…but they didn’t and I am willing to pay for it.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 13, 2015
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Many Tricks
- © 2011–2014 Many Tricks
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later