By Many Tricks
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Moom allows you to easily move and zoom windows—on one display, or to another display—using either the mouse or the keyboard. Moom lets you...
• Hover over the green button and choose from five preset size/location options in a pop-up palette
• Use a grid to 'draw' a window's desired size and location
• Define custom controls to move and zoom, move to other display, center, resize, and more
• Chain custom controls together to execute complex window management tasks
• Save window layouts to easily recreate a desired window arrangement at any time
• Automatically activate saved window layouts on changes in monitor layout, as in when you disconnect from your work display and then open your laptop at home
• Use keyboard mode to do all of this, and more, without ever touching a mouse
Once you've tried Mooming your windows, you'll never go back to simply moving and zooming them again.
What's New in Version 3.2.1
• Updated menu bar icon and other interface elements for Yosemite
• Menu bar icon is now retinaized
• Works well with Yosemite's dark mode
• Improved layout of keyboard mode's cheat sheet
• Fixed a bug related to large documents in Preview
• Fixed a bug related to sizing windows across multiple displays via custom actions
Why is Apple giving Developers Such a hard time?
Moom is THE BEST! I have tried a bunch of window placement applications, and Moom simply just works. Having said that, buying from the MAS is becoming more and more difficult, as developers are literally “boxed” in by “Sandboxing” rules, disallowing them to add features that one would get if one purchased direct. I see the MAS going by the wayside if this continues. It’s unfortunate really. I recommend this app whole heartedly, but if you want to receive future updates for your applications, start buying direct or you will not. This goes not just for Moom but for all apps, because after doing some research, I have found that most of my apps are in fact, outdated compared to the version if I had bought direct. Back to Moom, well, it has a bit of a learning curve, but the developer has great video tutorial support on the website, so once you set it up just the way you like it, it works like a dream. The developer is responsive and very good, and has other apps that are well built. I give this a ten star rating. Get it, you will not be dissapointed!
I cannot live without this app! Apple should buy and integrate into OS X
This app is absolutely a must have!!! Apple should buy it an integrate it into the OS X. It is that well designed and integrated. It’s absolutely simple and intuitive to use. Wether you use the grid, presets, or screen edge snap to behaviors (or all three) you will quickly grow dependent on this app.
It’s the first app I install on a new Mac. I’ve used it for years and it has always been stable and quickly update with each iterative release of OS X.
Thank you to the developers for such a great app and diligent support over the years!
An unbelievably clean interface to a very useful function
I’ve seen other apps that try to snap and tile windows, and have hated them all. This is the first I’ve seen that feels natural and non-invasive.
One tip: restart any open applications after installing this if you don’t get the control panel when hovering over maximize. Excel didn’t pick up this functionality until I closed it and reopened it.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 13, 2015
- Version: 3.2.1
- Size: 4.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Many Tricks
- © 2011–2014 Many Tricks
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later