Transit Directions by Moovit
By Moovit App Global LTD
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say goodbye to waiting for that bus, train or subway and say hello to Moovit, your free, local transit planner, featuring live arrival times, updated line schedules, local station maps, service alerts & changes that affect your trip -- all from the community of other riders nearby!
**New** Available for Apple Watch - view nearby lines and get next arrival times right from your watch
Supports major US cities (including NY, Chicago, Miami, SF, Boston, LA, DC) & hundreds more worldwide.
** “It'll make your commute and your trips out and around town for fun that much easier” - LifeHacker **
** Featured in NYTimes, TechCrunch, FastCompany, & more **
► OmniSearch: Discover the best routes to anywhere in your city. Search for a place, address or station to compare transit options and see detailed directions all the way there (combining any and all local transit types including bus, light rail, ferry, train, metro, subway, tram, rail and streetcar)
► Near me: See what's nearby and explore your surroundings on the map. Find the closest stops and check next arrival times, so you're never stuck waiting at the station. Get directions to your destination via the best and shortest route.
► Favorites: Add your home, work and other favorite places for instant trip planning. See next arrival times for your favorite lines, and even check your trip history for easy repeat travels.
► En Route: A simple click will allow you control your journey, even if your plans or destination change. Just tap Start to see your updated ETA and be notified as you go
► Live reports: Improve everyone’s ride by reporting useful information about station crowdedness, cleanliness, live events, even incidents. Receive notifications from your local operator, when available. Planning your transit is easier when you know what to expect.
► Comprehensive transit maps: See an overview of your local transit maps (PDF viewer required)
How is Moovit "community-powered”?
The power of Moovit stems in our cooperation with you, our amazing users. We start with complete schedule-based transit information, and, with your help, mix in real-time data about current transit times and conditions. Just by using Moovit, you’re helping everyone else plan their transit (and lives) better. En route, you can even send active reports about the ride or station to let others know what to expect. Spread the word and help your community get there on time!
Ride with Moovit in 100+ cities across the US:
New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Austin, Seattle, Miami, and more
Moovit supports all major transit operators including:
MTA, New Jersey Transit, LIRR, MBTA, WMATA, SEPTA, CTA, Pace, LA Metro, Metrolink, SFMTA, AC Trans, BART, VTA, OCTA, Amtrak, King County Metro, Miami Dade Transit, MDT, Metro, Muni, MARTA, RTD, CATA, MWRTA, Metrorail, Bart, Beeline Bus, Norwalk Transit, Dash Ladot, DC circulator, Torrance Transit and more…
(Including: Muni map, Path Train schedule, WMATA next bus, next Caltrain, METRA schedule Chicago etc.)
Moovit is a worldwide app! You can find us in hundreds of cities around the world including: UK (London, Birmingham, Manchester), Spain (Barcelona, Madrid), Italy (Rome, Milan, Napoli), France (Paris, Bordeaux), Poland (Warsaw, Lublin, and more), Sweden (Stockholm), Finland (Helsinki), Hungary (Budapest), Russia (Moscow), Netherlands, Israel, Brazil (Rio, Sao Paulo), Chile (Santiago), Colombia (Bogota), Mexico City, Peru (Lima), New Zealand, Philippines (Manila), Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur), Greece (Athens), South Korea (Seoul), Norway (Oslo).
Common misspellings: moveit, movit, move it, muvit, mubit, movit, mobit, moovet
Let's stay connected:
* Facebook: http://facebook.com/moovit
* Twitter: @moovit
* Check out our website: www.moovitapp.com
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 4.4.1
• Full support for iOS9 & WatchOS2
• Newly designed trip directions screen. Crystal clear guidance at a glance for each step of your journey
• Smoother step by step directions. Tap any leg when viewing Directions. Then simply swipe left and right as you travel so you always know exactly where you are and precisely where you’re going next
• Pay it forward to fellow riders. Fast access to line and station reports so you can help out other riders with first hand knowledge that will impact their trip
• Welcoming 21 new cities to Moovit – Lyon (France), Belluno (Italy), Antalya (Turkey), Kiev (Ukraine), Funchal (Portugal), Sofia (Bulgaria), Popayán (Colombia), Valdivia (Chile), San Pedro (Argentina), São Carlos, Angra dos Reis, & Caraguatatuba (Brasil), Tusla, Green Bay, Fort Wayne, Killeen, Corpus Christi & Syracuse (USA), Alba Iulia & Ploiești (Romania), Valjevo (Serbia)
Am I missing something? Can you not select current location as a starting point? Who wants to type out their starting address? One thing keeping me from full time use.
So accurate and easy to decipher! I noticed inky used this in my hometown DC but in Baltimore as well! You can use this where there is any transit system.
Upset and Disappointed
This app works really good all I would like to see is a glance for the apple watch. Make this happy and id be completely happy!
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Oct 06, 2015
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 42.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Bokmål, Norwegian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Moovit App Global LTD
- © 2015 Moovit
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.